Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

I was unsure at first then after doing hours of reading and doing research I thought I'd give it a go. I was seeing a bigger yield from it but it has to be dailed in and checked everyday which is no problem for me I love visiting the garden. Other then having to constantly Ph everyday and adding more water/nute solution it's been pretty easy. Mixing my nutes and extras (before I got rid of my male) i only really need to mix them once a week and do a change out of the water hope this helps :thumb:

Edit: I forgot to mention my local hydro shop had what is called flo-n-grow gro momma bubbler bucket it comes with everything that you need for dwc minus Ph/ec/temp pens/meters. I'm pretty sure they can be ordered of their website for $50 around there that's what I picked mine up for

For sure hydro is the way to go for big yields, from what I hear. The technical requirements of hydro put me off a bit -- with coco and now organic soil I have some kind of past experience to go on from growing other things in soil. I at least understand the framework involved. Mind you, that delusion of understanding can be a snare :)

I will watch your hybrid grow with great interest!

Hey GG! Really dense trich populations, reps for that wow. I have only grown one auto, so I don't know much there - but. Blue Dream is so much better if pulled on the early side of ripe. If I let her go over 63 days for a photo, bam - sleepytimes. If I pull her with clear and cloudy, she's balanced energy and UPlifiting, with no crash or burnout. I try to pull at 1-3% amber and end up with <10% or so after dry. Yours look pretty close. :Namaste:

Thank you. I really really appreciate that. I do need an almost narcotic, sleepy strain for my insomnia but I like BD (and chose her for this grow) because I like her for social situations that trigger my anxiety. I think I'll chop her today.

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Haze.IO is having a random drawing for a free pack of seeds. Here is the link if you are interested>>>>>>> Haze.IO Giveaway

Thank you! I entered!

Well Glimmer, there are other Canadians here... I don't know about the rest of them, but I'm more than willing to help you out with your dilemma! :rofl:

Now that spring is coming, most places have their canning jars out now and cheap. I saw a 6 pack at the dollar store plus the other day for $2. Good time to stock up!

You're a peach, m'dear :) That's one way to solve the problem!

Good thought about the canning jars and the timing for stocking up. I bought a box of them in the fall but this next harvest is going to fill them all, I think. It's a good problem to have but it gets a little silly.

You're a peach, m'dear :) That's one way to solve the problem!

Good thought about the canning jars and the timing for stocking up. I bought a box of them in the fall but this next harvest is going to fill them all, I think. It's a good problem to have but it gets a little silly.

We bought more jars than we'd ever need, two weeks before we bought the next set we probably won't use all of, before I picked up another flat tonight.

And looking at the next set of girls coming up behind, we're gonna need another flat or two...

Hi glimmer , from what i have read , the DD should be a good choice , tho i have not grown one yet .
This is how i like the Trichomes to look .

Thu_Jan_14_09-41-16.jpg

Be safe .

HARVEST DAY for HUMBOLDT BLUE DREAM! 77 days from seed
PART ONE - bud washing

She's ready and I'm ready so let's do this!

I have my equipment:

IMG_68196.JPG

I have my vape loaded with Early Miss from my first harvest ...

IMG_68207.JPG

I am now buzzed and ready!

First of all -- thank you, Blue Dream, for all you've taught me. For being so beautiful and strong in spite of the fact that you were the slowest off the mark germinating and from the very smallest seed :) Thank you for the relief you will give me from anxiety. I honour you.

IMG_679711.JPG

IMG_67968.JPG
IMG_679810.JPG
IMG_68178.JPG

A word about bud washing, for those who are unfamiliar with it. The idea is to rinse off impurities (cat hairs, heh heh heh) dust, skin particles, whatever may have got on your crop. It doesn't remove trichomes (that's why we use cool and lukewarm water not hot or freezing). Usually it's three rinses: #1 lukewarm water with lemon juice and baking soda, #2 lukewarm water #3 cool water. You let the branches drip dry for a few hours before wet trimming them. I like it, and Doc Bud invented it :)

Bud Washing

Chop the first branch:

IMG_68216.JPG

Trim fan leaves -- they're ready so they practically fall off at this point:

IMG_68227.JPG

Then I swish the branch in the first bucket -- warm water, lemon juice, baking soda, and then the second -- just lukewarm water and pop it in the dishpan!

IMG_68235.JPG

And ... repeat

As I chop and trim and wash and rinse, I marvel at this plant. She is extraordinarily frosty, this one.

IMG_682611.JPG
IMG_68272.JPG
IMG_683011.JPG

Finally we're down to the last cola:

IMG_68344.JPG
IMG_683510.JPG
IMG_68366.JPG
IMG_68376.JPG

And here's what's left. Thank you, Blue Dream!

IMG_68396.JPG

Here's the popcorn from the lower third, the part I swore I would defoliate! Holy cow, even it is packed with glands!
IMG_68415.JPG
IMG_684311.JPG

Then I hang it all up in the shower (where I grew my first crop -- shout out to the shower, yo!) to let it drip dry for a few hours before wet trim this evening:

IMG_68453.JPG

My hands are covered with sticky resin -- and it smells EXACTLY like grapefruit! Uncanny. Gotta go look up terpenes, but this is amazing.

This evening I will wet trim the branches, wet weigh them and then hang them in boxes for the first stage of drying.

We bought more jars than we'd ever need, two weeks before we bought the next set we probably won't use all of, before I picked up another flat tonight.

And looking at the next set of girls coming up behind, we're gonna need another flat or two...

Bwah hah hah --I guess it's a common problem :) Mind you, it's not a bad one to have, I'm just scratching my head about the never-ending harvest over here. There's one answer of course ... HASH! heh heh heh

Glad to see your garden is growing and growing everyday !

Thank you, Camo! I love the fact that something is going on all the time!

Hi glimmer , from what i have read , the DD should be a good choice , tho i have not grown one yet .
This is how i like the Trichomes to look .

Thu_Jan_14_09-41-16.jpg

Be safe .

You are wonderful, sonic --- that's just what I need. For some reason I have real problems interpreting my own (admittedly crappy) trichome photos. But this is super clear and so useful. This is my goal for the DD. THANK YOU!

Really amazing looking there thanks for the details!

Oh, you're welcome, Krypt! I know when I was coming up to my first harvest I was so excited and really, really anxious about it.

You just answered what I was going to be asking about bud washing, thank you!!

Yay! Bud washing comes highly recommended from many people who have tasted bud washed and unwashed. Some people don't notice a difference, but I know that I wash any fruit or veggies I'm going to consume, whether they're organically grown or not. Even right out of my own garden, I would give it a good wash. So it makes sense for me to do it with the cannabis I'm going to consume :)

TRICHOME SHOTS -- 11 weeks, 77 days from sprouting

AMNESIA XXL

S20160210_001.jpg
S20160210_002.jpg
S20160210_003.jpg

DARK DEVIL

S20160210_004.jpg
S20160210_005.jpg
S20160210_006.jpg

Hey Glimmer, nice library, I'm green with envy!

Your BD looks outstanding. It looks like you got her timing right too, nice fade. She should be great for daytime, that's what we use her for. She always hits the right happy notes, and doesn't much interfere with daily activities. Congrats on your harvest. :Namaste:

It sure does make sense to rinse, I aswell wash all vegi's/fruit regardless of where it came from.

Yeah -- the first time I heard about it I was surprised, but it does make sense.

Hey Glimmer, nice library, I'm green with envy!

Your BD looks outstanding. It looks like you got her timing right too, nice fade. She should be great for daytime, that's what we use her for. She always hits the right happy notes, and doesn't much interfere with daily activities. Congrats on your harvest. :Namaste:

Thank you so much, Caretaker -- that means so much to me. I love the strain and am curious to know what this particular smoke will be like.

Beautiful harvest and pics there Glimmer! Thanks for the washing walk through too. You are going to have a ball with the Blue Dream!

:bravo:
Bob ;)

Thanks, Bob!

Another learning experience. Thank you GG!!!
I will definitely be washing buds.:thanks:

Yeah, it's kind of cool :)

Ode To Blue Dream

Hey Blue Dream! You sexy thing!
Gazing at your trichomes makes my heart sing!
Those colorful buds and fat ass nugs
Must have been sent from up above
I can't wait for the day to taste your flowers
Until then I'll just count the hours

Congrats on the Harvest. Cant wait for the dry weight and smoke report!

heh heh heh -- thanks so much, Mz S! Love the poem!

So Blue Dream has been wet trimmed. Man, is it hard to trim a sativa plant, or at least this one! Such fluffy buds and so many sugar leaves -- so unlike the indicas I trimmed last time. It was so covered with trichomes, I got a little scissor hash for the first time and smoked it with great pleasure :)

IMG_68491.JPG

IMG_68465.JPG

And here's some trim for hash making or butter:

IMG_68475.JPG

Wet weight was 177.23
Wet trim weight was 27.07 (I didn't throw much popcorn into this category - it was mostly tips of sugar leaves that made the bud look untidy :))
So calculating dry weight at about 22% of wet, I'm hoping for 38.9 g

Nice little haul. Congrats on another successful grow glimmer. I'm about to chop my eldest tomorrow or Friday. I'll do a bud wash, thanks for the quick tutorial. Can't wait to get my fingers sticky with trichs. This is Very helpful journal, thanks my dear.

Back
Top Bottom