Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

I am so behind -- I apologize in my best Canadian way, but things got busy in my other world for a few days :) Catching up on responses and then a photo update!

Kick ass prizes GG! Congratulations on the win!

Thanks so much, lex!

Nice prizes GG. Of course, I always knew you were a winner... :love:

I went back and check my DD journal and found that Day 62 was when I did the back building on the main cola and two other stems. Harvest was 85 days.

I didn't find that this made any noticeable difference. Day 62 probably was a little late for an auto. My White Widow showed a difference which I posted on LA's thread. Bloom ran two months until harvest.

Linky

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought. I've missed the window, again :) Next time, I hope! Thank so much for the help and advice, Jim.

Kick ass prizes GG! Congratulations on the win!

You are always so lovely, lex -- I really appreciate your support and enthusiasm :) Thank you, my friend!

What a cool little pipe glimm. Crop king seeds must love you. I think it's great that they have so many competitions. Cant wait to see the big grow later this year. Congrats on even more cool prizes. Are you planning on using the new pipe? Its almost too nice right lol. :passitleft:

I know, eh? It's very pretty and I'm loathe to mess it up with nasty burned resin :) But I owe it to the creators, I think, to use it for the noble purpose for which it was born, heh heh heh

I'm gonna have to go back a read exactly how you built your swick GG. Cause swick may be what I do for my trip.

But on another note wow! At your ladies ! So gorgeous and everyone has distinct personalities you can see in them! Each and every one is gorgeous glimmergrass ! Also congratulations on your new goodies and especially that beauty of a pipe! That thing looks awesome !

Swick, yeah! Super easy -- perlite in a bin, water to an inch below the level of perlite. Smart pots on top. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

I also have a question, you have removed the buds that you sprayed and they made seeds correct? No you're talking about pollen, are the seeds you made done already and those are fem-auto seeds correct? You just collect pollen for cross of strains and making more seeds or am I a little high? Lol

Heh heh heh -- I need to do a proper update on the pollen making process -- SHORT UPDATE: the treated pollen producing branches were removed about two weeks ago and are ripping further in glasses of water on the windowsill. The pollen produced so far is pretty sketchy, lumpy or non existent, so I think I started the conversion process too late in flowering.

Awesome haul there Glim!! Well deserved ;)
Damn I'm getting with the hype of the DD.
Hope your week is going well!
:passitleft:

You cannot resist the allure of DD ... heh heh heh Thanks so much, WS!

hi glimmer hope all is good ur way;) . here is my cream devil auto 6 weeks old today .2 weeks left;) of her 8 week life;)here her info to remind u;)
IMG_20160103_091123.JPG
IMG_20160103_091153.JPG
and the plant today untopped sits just over 3 foot tall.with red and purp in her stems buds and leaves;)
20160203_130142.jpg
20160203_130337.jpg
20160203_130659.jpg
20160203_130716.jpg
20160203_130745.jpg
.and a quick pic of my current garden;)
20160203_130839.jpg
.happy growing every1;)

Oh, beast, I love you so much :) You know this strain really appeals to me! She's super sativa, eh? Got to be an amazing smoke too, with that parentage. I'm about to pop my first Cream Caramel auto bean and cannot wait! Thanks so much for coming to my garden to share your garden with me -- it's my spiritual home :)

^^^ absolutely stunning!

Oh, yeah!

lexort thanks a lot pal.all plants super healthy been a joy to grow so far;)

And you're a joy, too ...

Howdy glimmer, I have been in the shadows following along reading up on the last and this grow journal. I will say lots of helpful advice from you has helped me out thus far in my current grow haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood). I figured time to start a journal and step out of the shadows so thanks for asking questions that have been bugging me daily it has helped me out seeing as I was skeptical about posting. I am currently growing x1 white voodoo from CKS, x2 og kush rare earth seeds, and x2 blueberry from CKS (will be giving one away). I was wondering how it was growing the blue dream as I might pick it up for my next grow any ideas on my next Strain would be great also I'm not to picky and am looking into autos. I do have a journal I just started if you would like to see progress so far on my lovely girls

Hey, SoloVooDoo -- so great to meet you! Yay on your new journal -- I will be right around. The Blue dream is a total dream, at least this one seed was :) She's beautiful, easy to care for, calm and doesn't freak out no matter what goofy stuff I pull. She's not as flashy as the Dark Devil but she is a real superstar :)

can you post a link to your journal, would love to check it out

Good suggestion! Thank you!

You bet I can guess I should of thought of that in my first post haha Solovoodoo's Crop King Seeds - White Voodoo & Blueberry Grow

Okay, I'm there!

AUTO UPDATE -- DAY 72

When will these plants be done? I do not know :) And I am crappy at interpreting trichomes, so please do weigh in on my crappy trichome photos :)

Some general comments first: I confess, I was pretty lazy about watering/feeding for a week or so. I was watering pretty quickly, mostly to get it over with. I was getting much more runoff than usual, as if the medium (coco coir and perlite) wasn't holding it at all but I just kind of ignored that. Last night I pulled them all out of the tent and I gave them all a slow, steady feed to make sure that the medium absorbed it better. But you can really see that the Amnesia has taken it all the worst.

This is my first time growing more than one strain at a time and it's fascinating! They are SO different!

Whole tent this morning:
IMG_67431.JPG

AMNESIA XXL

She is not happy and I don't blame her. I think she wasn't getting enough good stuff because of the way I was watering her -- hurriedly and not paying attention to the fact that the medium wasn't staying moist. She was yellowing last night, with leaves dropping, when I gave her the better, slower water, but overnight she is now REALLY yellow. I'd expect to see some of this of course, as senescence approaches, but it's just WHAM, yellow. I will get her to harvest, but she's not going to have much foliage left!

IMG_67444.JPG
IMG_67306.JPG
IMG_67316.JPG
IMG_67326.JPG

Here's a trichome shot:
S20160205_004.jpg

BLUE DREAM

Still stunning. What a girl this plant is.

IMG_67347.JPG
IMG_67355.JPG
IMG_67405.JPG
IMG_67414.JPG
S20160205_006.jpg

DARK DEVIL

Colas have become really big and she's starting to foxtail.

IMG_67367.JPG
IMG_67383.JPG
IMG_67393.JPG
IMG_67454.JPG
S20160205_001.jpg

Heh heh heh -- I need to do a proper update on the pollen making process -- SHORT UPDATE: the treated pollen producing branches were removed about two weeks ago and are ripping further in glasses of water on the windowsill. The pollen produced so far is pretty sketchy, lumpy or non existent, so I think I started the conversion process too late in flowering.

So none of it is going to work?

Glimmer thanks alot ur to kind.its my pleasure to share info and my garden with all u fine gardening people. Brings me joy and to grow the plant is just something i see myself doing when im an old man;) ha ha.glimmer ur lady looks about ready buds look amazing well done;)

So none of it is going to work?

The treated bud sites produced staminate flowers which have now opened. There is either no pollen in them or very little, lumpy pollen. toker69 mentions in his thread that this happened a few times to him. I will save the lumpy pollen and try to pollinate a flower on my next grow.

I believe it was because I started the process so late. This next grow I will start the conversion earlier.

Glimmer thanks alot ur to kind.its my pleasure to share info and my garden with all u fine gardening people. Brings me joy and to grow the plant is just something i see myself doing when im an old man;) ha ha.glimmer ur lady looks about ready buds look amazing well done;)

Thanks so much, beast. I would never have got them this far without your help! :circle-of-love:

Live, learn, and try again. We are in an endless wonderful cycle. Thanks for sharing the info that starting late may be an issue GG.

Yeah, that's all we can do, eh? :) I love experimenting and I knew that there was a risk starting the process so late. I'm going to pop another Dark Devil and try to produce pollen again and then pollinate my next DD -- at least that's the plan so far! It's all good!

Thanks for sharing your first experience with pollination. Even though things turned out a little differently, you still grew some amazingly beautiful plants. I have to wear a bib when you post your pics.

Thanks Mz S -- I really appreciate that! I'm sorry I've been a negligent gardening friend -- I've had a lot going on in the real world which keeps me away from 420Mag which makes me sad :( I can't wait to chop (and smoke) my DD, actually -- I'm so curious about it!

Good on you for trying and sharing. My only seed production work has always been accidental!

Bob ;)

heh heh heh -- I will keep trying because I'm a stubborn cuss :) I wasn't sure if some pollen had been released from the Amnesia or not, but I haven't seen signs of even baby seeds anywhere in the tent yet. They won't have time to mature at any rate if they're there, but I may find some when I'm trimming. Weed with seeds -- it'll be like old times!

Two green thumbs up Glimmer! Beautiful garden! May I ask what it is you're trying to do with pollen? Other than the obvious answer ; )

Hi, HumbleFarmer! Welcome! And thank you :) I want to be able to reproduce auto flowering seeds. Because you can't effectively clone autos, seed production is the way to go. I'm less interested in creating crosses (I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I'll leave that to the breeders - although I wouldn't reject crossed auto seeds produced by accident or ignorance on my part) and more in having a supply of, say, Dark Devil auto seeds in perpetuity :)

ONE WEEK UPDATE on babies

Okay, here's the next two coming along. I'm not doing a perpetual grow and I'll start another journal for these (and the others I'm going to pop this weekend) but here's where the tiny babies are today:

CANUK LEMON SKUNK AUTO

She's in her final container -- 16 oz of organic soil and perlite in a mini Easter-themed bucket :) She's my entry in Marzbadrock's Solo Cup Grow thread.

IMG_67465.JPG

REEFERMAN SUMMER LOVE AUTO

Look at her go! She was the most vigorous of the three seeds I started a little over a week ago -- couldn't wait to explode out of her seed shell and get started! She's Reeferman's own auto version of Love Potion #1, one of my fave anti anxiety strains. She's in a cow pot right now but will be moved, pot and all, into a 2 gallon in a week or so.

IMG_67476.JPG

These are my first cannabis plants in organic soil! I can see a difference in the colour already -- such a vibrant green!

They stretched a little -- I should have foreseen that. They were in my little dome which helped with humidity (and space, since my tent is full) but, of course, I couldn't get the CFL close enough! They're now in the tent, a little overwhelmed by their larger sisters.

Here's my dome, which will work just fine for catnip and keeping seeds moist until they pop.
IMG_67494.JPG

And I'm going to leave this one here, with a request for help or suggestions. This is my one RQS Bubble Kush seed -- she seems to be trying to grow upside down! That's the tap root coming out there and turning a bit green! Should I bury her a bit? HELP!

FullSizeRender117.jpg

Love to you all and your family and friends on this lovely Saturday -- I'm going to go spend the day with my Mum!

. . .That's the tap root coming out there and turning a bit green! Should I bury her a bit? HELP!

I wish I knew. I have read bunch on germination as of late and I hesitate to say but I remember nothing good about burying it after its root comes out. I know it is supposed to go with gravity in the proper direction. I would think it would right itself.
I hope someone knows.
I always worry about damping off.

Ok, first the disclamer;

Dr Bob isn't a Dr and doesn't really know what he is doing. Following his advise is possibly silly as he can't even find the sock he was just wearing 2 minutes ago. Proceed with caution

I have pretty good germination sucsess and issues like this have been one of the reasons. I have always CAREFULLY set the plant in the soil as it wanted when the tap root has pushed the whole shebang on top of the soil. Usually this has meant green up white down and using a tooth pick to create a perfect verticle hole to drop it into. I have had ones that I found almost an 1'' long that I have saved no problem. In fact, this has never failed to work in the last 3 years. As I read this it tells me the message is to bury deeper but I have only lost one seed in 3 years and that was in my current veg group. It was also from my first seed order so may have just lost viability.

This process isn't my own to claim either, rather I read it here at :420: early on in my days here. I found out about Herbies here and how to handle the seeds properly. It may have been XLR8 but I really can't remember.

I say go for it but be careful. Don't touch the white part. Use dental tools or toothpicks to be your fingers. Don't squeeze it in any way.

EDIT: The reason they can't always bury themselves is that there is nothing for them to push against on top. It could work but it may just wiggle worm around as it tries to find a place to get into.

:thumb:
Bob ;)

I wish I knew. I have read bunch on germination as of late and I hesitate to say but I remember nothing good about burying it after its root comes out. I know it is supposed to go with gravity in the proper direction. I would think it would right itself.
I hope someone knows.
I always worry about damping off.

I was worried about damping off, too, keltic. And I had read that, too, about not messing with the seed -- pulling it out or planting it again. Mind you, before I read this I tried a middle way -- I put a little bit of soil on top of the exposed tap root without disturbing anything else :)
Ok, first the disclamer;

Dr Bob isn't a Dr and doesn't really know what he is doing. Following his advise is possibly silly as he can't even find the sock he was just wearing 2 minutes ago. Proceed with caution

I have pretty good germination sucsess and issues like this have been one of the reasons. I have always CAREFULLY set the plant in the soil as it wanted when the tap root has pushed the whole shebang on top of the soil. Usually this has meant green up white down and using a tooth pick to create a perfect verticle hole to drop it into. I have had ones that I found almost an 1'' long that I have saved no problem. In fact, this has never failed to work in the last 3 years. As I read this it tells me the message is to bury deeper but I have only lost one seed in 3 years and that was in my current veg group. It was also from my first seed order so may have just lost viability.

This process isn't my own to claim either, rather I read it here at :420: early on in my days here. I found out about Herbies here and how to handle the seeds properly. It may have been XLR8 but I really can't remember.

I say go for it but be careful. Don't touch the white part. Use dental tools or toothpicks to be your fingers. Don't squeeze it in any way.

EDIT: The reason they can't always bury themselves is that there is nothing for them to push against on top. It could work but it may just wiggle worm around as it tries to find a place to get into.

:thumb:
Bob ;)

Thank you Dr Bob :) Before reading this I had put a little bit of earth on top of the exposed tap root, partly to protect it from light but mostly so that it had something to push down against so it could come back up.

I took your advice and very carefully uncovered the seed and removed it gently with tweezers (the tap root had started looping back down, so it was trying to turn over, very interesting) dug a furrow, reoriented the seed and covered it.

I was actually quite moved by the tap root that was trying to twist around and get under the plant. The drive to progress is amazing. I was resigned to losing the potential plant, but I'm rooting for her now (pun not originally intended, too stoned ... heh heh heh)

This was totally my fault for
a) not burying the seed a little deeper and
b) being way too casual when I planted the seed in the soil in the first place. Mind you, this was the seed that had no tap root extended, although it had started to crack. I suspect if I had taken the trouble to put the cracked side of the seed down that things would have gone easier for her.

So, lesson learned! Thank you so much for your help!

Hi GG

so I my reading I see someone else with a similar situation. lady vadalon had the same thing about a month ago link below.
Pretty much like Dr.Bob said be very gentle. I am looking at a sprout that might do the same thing so I am very glad for the timely info.
best of luck :)

Happy To Be Back Growing

Thank you so much keltic -- I really appreciate that! Great link, very useful information.

Rootin' for her from our Garden up here too! :cheer:

Bob ;)

Thanks, Bob! It's amazing how we cathect these plants, isn't it? How attached we get? I think one of the things that has most advanced human evolution (and certainly societal evolution) is our species' empathy for other members of the group and for all the living world. It TOTALLY changed my attitude to this little seed to see it trying to get its feet under it.

But then I am pretty stoned :)

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom