Sure looks like foxtails on your DDA to me. :thedoubletake:

Yeah, I don't think I've grown one without them. I don't think they make for very pretty plants but as long as the potency is there, I guess it doesn't really matter, right?

Congrats on the DDA harvest and the rest of the great plants! I'm not sure what's up with the JH2 but at 60 days post-flip I don't think it would do much good to try to fix it anyway. I don't know about the trichomes but it's getting close to the breeder's estimates for harvest windows.

Oh the frosty goodness hashGirl! Yum! And what Shed said about jh2, some get to the end just fine but limping.

Thanks for easing my concerns on JH2. I figure she's close to being done so I won't worry about her.

And Sour Diesel really supercropped itself!

You don't think the SD looks dead? I find it hard to believe she still has a few weeks to go. All the buds have turned brown. I know they're not dead though as I squeezed a few and there's still life there.

I've decided I don't like growing sativas as they're too floppy, which is too bad since I much prefer a sativa over an indica.

I need to research how to manage them better. I've tried silica and bamboo stalks and they still look like a floppy mess. :(

I've decided I don't like growing sativas as they're too floppy, which is too bad since I much prefer a sativa over an indica.

I need to research how to manage them better. I've tried silica and bamboo stalks and they still look like a floppy mess. :(
Maybe try a separate grow tent. One with no viewing window so you don't have to look at them but you can still get the saliva effects you like. You know, out of sight out of mind.

:cool:

I'm not trying to be a wise ass. If you really prefer the saliva effect and your grows produce good quality stuff, growing them out of sight means you can still get the end product without having the negative "floppy plants requiring lots of staking" staring you in the face every time you turn around.

Or, treat 'em like tomato plants. Maybe grow them inside the tomato cages @Emilya uses to keep her plants confined. She highlighted them in her GSC grow, I believe.

Lots of ways to do it if you want to keep sativas in your life.

I think they look great :)

But I do agree with the tips you’ve had growing stavias or what ever they are called. If they are your preferred smoke I think it would be an awesome challenge to learn how to tame the green dragon.

If anyone can make a sativia sing it’s you :)

How about your grow environment? Do you have a low speed fan blowing across them early on? That can make a big difference in the stem rigidity if used early on as the plant will need to buttress itself. That's from the school of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

A low breeze would work better than extra silica, in my opinion.

...hey HG... :ciao: ...growing Sativa's north of the 49'th in our climate, is a challenge...outside, is getting them to harvest, with the longer flowering times, although some hybrid's can make it possible...inside, under good environment, and controlled lighting, stretch is the main concern, but can be controlled with aggressive training...my experience growing in a controlled environment, as opposed to some some who grow outdoors, indoor buds seem to be more dense and heavy as opposed to those outdoors, hence. the need for support...the end result should be quality produce rather than photo worthy plants...it's all in the end game... ;) ...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah: ...

Or weasel a net down on the tops of them. Only thing is, they have to stay after that.

I don't want to do SOG or SCROG or whatever it's called growing. I like bringing my girls out of the tent to feed and water. It's the best way to see the whole plant.

I think they look great :)

But I do agree with the tips you’ve had growing stavias or what ever they are called. If they are your preferred smoke I think it would be an awesome challenge to learn how to tame the green dragon.

If anyone can make a sativia sing it’s you :)

Thanks, Tra. It's definitely something I need to figure out.

How about your grow environment? Do you have a low speed fan blowing across them early on? That can make a big difference in the stem rigidity if used early on as the plant will need to buttress itself. That's from the school of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

A low breeze would work better than extra silica, in my opinion.

Yep, there's an oscillating fan in the tent that is on all the time.

...hey HG... :ciao: ...growing Sativa's north of the 49'th in our climate, is a challenge...outside, is getting them to harvest, with the longer flowering times, although some hybrid's can make it possible...inside, under good environment, and controlled lighting, stretch is the main concern, but can be controlled with aggressive training...my experience growing in a controlled environment, as opposed to some some who grow outdoors, indoor buds seem to be more dense and heavy as opposed to those outdoors, hence. the need for support...the end result should be quality produce rather than photo worthy plants...it's all in the end game... ;) ...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah: ...

Thanks, h00k. I'm thinking I need to really read the Quad Growers thread as that might be the best way to control the height without reducing yield. But, the main problem I see with that is that they may get too wide. :hmmmm: But since I haven't really done much research on it, I'll need to do that.

I also covet the tomato cages that @Emilya used in the Girl Scout Cookies grow but the same cages here cost about 3x as much as Emilya paid for hers so I need to figure out if I can afford them. I didn't add them to my Christmas wish list because I haven't found any here in Canada like Emilya's. If I was handy, I could modify some of those tomato cages that have a narrow bottom and a wide top. Although, maybe they would work that way, too???

But I would like to figure it out soon since the Blue Dream and Pineapple Express are both supposed to be tall plants, too.

It's definitely something I need to figure out.
You definitely figured something out on your JH1. She’s a beautiful plant and you've done an excellent job of training her.
:welldone:
It looks very close to a quadline training.
Though I do strictly autos at this time I have some Bruce Banner autos I’ll be starting and will probably quad one of them to try it out.

*** Dark Devil Auto Update ***

All of the Dark Devil Autos have been harvested. Here are the pics:

DDA1 - Day 30 (+69):

So much for photographing the yield. It was 77 grams, which is way more than I thought I would get from her.

And, .369 grams just of the bracts :cheesygrinsmiley::

DDA2 - Day 34 (+74):

DDA3 - Day 26 (+70):

DDA4 - Day 35 (+61):

Congrats on a couple of nice harvests, HG!
Damn good yield for DDa's:bravo:

*** Dark Devil Auto Update ***

All of the Dark Devil Autos have been harvested. Here are the pics:

DDA1 - Day 30 (+69):

So much for photographing the yield. It was 77 grams, which is way more than I thought I would get from her.

And, .369 grams just of the bracts :cheesygrinsmiley::

DDA2 - Day 34 (+74):

DDA3 - Day 26 (+70):

DDA4 - Day 35 (+61):

Hey @HashGirl great haul. :thumb:
Beautiful buds.
Who plays the guitars. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom