Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

That left me with one plant in the tent which was entirely unacceptable.

LOL.....I think if you were to scroll back through your journal about 90 days you'll find a post very similar to this one. Didn't your previous harvest (back around New Years) clean your tent out too leaving you with no flowering plants?

LOL.....I think if you were to scroll back through your journal about 90 days you'll find a post very similar to this one. Didn't your previous harvest (back around New Years) clean your tent out too leaving you with no flowering plants?
Yes it did, a bit further than 90 days though, lol. Having plants ready to go into the tent makes me feel better about it, rather than starting straight from seed again. So plans changed, rather than failed. Veg closet is vital.

My recent harvests have been much more successful and my jars/bags fuller than the last fiasco. I should be set until the end of May with flower, plus I have a lot of colorful trimmings to process.

Congrats on the successful harvest bro! Looks tasty
Thank you, very stinky.

Those Punta Rojo plants do produces some really nice buds. Are they dense or fluffy?
They have all been fairly dense. Not the biggest buds but always nice frosty spears.

This cross is alleged to be Punto Rojo x The One which I believe is Thai x Afghani. I say "x Unknown" due to the busy nature of black market trimming. My other Punto Rojo crosses are labeled 100% accurate while this plant is about 85% likely to be what it is labeled. All are amazing F1s and if someone besides me were to have them, they are most definitely worth the time and space required. Flower in 12 weeks or less (11/13 light cycle) under most circumstances, there are longer and much shorter running phenos. Potency is always top notch.

Any chance I could get you to grow out a few seeds for me and give me a thorough report at harvest? I'd send you 2 each of these crosses and ask you to grow at least one of each now. You could of course drop all 6 looking for different phenos, that would be your choice. Just let me know.

Chemdawg X Sour Angel...…….S1 feminized seeds
Quarter Pounder auto X Tangerine Dream auto...……..S1 feminized seeds
Quarter Pounder auto X Stardawg auto...……..S1 feminized seeds

Any chance I could get you to grow out a few seeds for me and give me a thorough report at harvest? I'd send you 2 each of these crosses and ask you to grow at least one of each now. You could of course drop all 6 looking for different phenos, that would be your choice. Just let me know.

Chemdawg X Sour Angel...…….S1 feminized seeds
Quarter Pounder auto X Tangerine Dream auto...……..S1 feminized seeds
Quarter Pounder auto X Stardawg auto...……..S1 feminized seeds

I moved the Harlequin into the tent today giving me pretty darn close to a full boat in there. I would have to veg the Chemdawg x Sour Angel in the closet alongside the autos for awhile before I have room to flower her. If that isn't a problem then I have no problem working them into the schedule. I actually needed something to grow out with the Zorillo Loco so this kinda works.

Wow that took a long time to compose.

I haven't talked much about this one yet. Dark leafy phenotype. Smells of skunk and forest floor. Tastes the same but with the addition of some sort of dark berry, not very sweet, maybe currants? I was worried she wouldn't tighten up after drying, gratefully wrong about that. Gives a very good pain free feeling throughout the body and provides an equally pleasant mental euphoria that makes it a winner. Solid hybrid.

Very thankful that I had the opportunity to test this cultivar. I should breed this stuff into an IBL.. both phenos have proven their worth in my eyes.

This one puts the tingle in the forehead and is absolutely packed with flavor. Sticky Icky.

Everybody has Strep in my house. Wife and son tested positive this afternoon. I gotta take my daughter and self in tomorrow. Should be a blast :confused:.

Gonna bust out the tabletop vaporizer for a long session tonight. The day my wife got sick I bought her two grams of strain specific flavored distillates. While amazingly potent, she has been stuck burning doobs with me because those dabs expand hard in the lungs. The vape should do the trick tonight..

Due to my journal's rather dated and obsolete title, I'm going to be drafting up a new journal here soon. I enjoy the small amount of high quality traffic I get here and have learned alot. However I feel like others could be missing out on important things because not a ton of new people seem to be growing DDA and won't find this particular journal using the search function.

Focus will be on making F1s, Poly hybrids, and testing untested cultivars. With the way the grow is going and set up now, I have no excuses not to make seeds with every single run. Dark Devil auto has left the rotation until I start making auto seeds.

Daughter and I either haven't gotten strep yet or we soldiered through it already along with a bout of the flu. The remnants of something are upper respiratory infections.

I am turning the light intensity up in the tent by about 10% daily. I don't want to fry these ladies. The current closet light is fairly low intensity, unlike the quantum boards.

Looking at different light fixture plans. Considering mounting my 44w 2 cob fixture in the reflector for the closet and possibly hanging the 2 66w arrays in the tent without a reflector or put a 66w in reflector in the tent and hang the other 66w and 44w in the tent minus reflector. That was a bit jumbled. Boils down to me having quite a few options.. I think the reflector is needed most in the closet though. Rambling through it I am leaning toward 66w in the closet plus my veg light, that should easily grow 2 autos and veg a few photos.

Way too late. Peace

I personally am finding that autos will grow anywhere in any light schedule...….20/4...…...18/6...…..16/8...….12/12.....and even 11/13. I usually have a least one running at all times, generally two. And wherever I have an open space that's where they are grown. Currently I have one of my auto crosses growing inside. It's been in my homemade vegging box under 18/6 lighting where it lived until that box was overfilled with photo plants that weren't ready for the flowering tent yet. BUT I had a hole in my flowering tent, so I made space in the vegging box by moving that flowering auto and putting it into the flowering tent under 12/12 lighting. It lived there for about 3 weeks at which time one of the vegging photo plants was now ready for the flowering tent. So I removed the autoflowering plant and put the photo plant into the flowering tent. There was still no room for the auto in the homemade box so I stuck it in my slow grow small vegging tent with a Black Cherry Punch photo plant. This tent is lit with a small LED light set up on a 16/8 lighting schedule. She will likely finish in there as she's getting close.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that auto flowering plants are a tremendous aid in keeping more of a perpetual grow. You can start one every 2 weeks, do minimal training to it, grow it wherever you can squeeze it in, and every two weeks harvest a decent amount of good quality buds all with little aggravation.

They allow us to concentrate on our photoperiod plants, seed making, or whatever and they keep plugging along in the background making buds. I am expecting 21+ grams of dried buds from the Canuk Quarter Pounder X Fast Buds Gorilla Glue I am running right now. So sure, why not have a few running at all times??

I have looked high and low and can't find my 35x "loupe" with which I can see the crystals fairly good. I had to take a couple pictures with my camera. Hope these show enough detail to see the crystal colors. This is Chem 91 X Cherry Aliendawg.

Edit: I guess I either need to find that loupe, buy another one, or get a more expensive camera. :cool:

Beautiful buds for sure. :goodjob:

I smoked a couple doobies of the 12 week phenotype of Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty today. Oooooo wee!

Fluffy but sticky. Burns great in a doobie. Tastes just like she smells; bright, sharp, and spicy. While it lifts you up like a good sativa, too much can send you into a munchie nap spiral.

This makes 5/5 phenotypes of Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty that are worth growing. I feel good about that.

I harvested one branch off the Quarter Pounder auto X Gorilla Glue auto tonight and just finished trimming it up. I have a buddy with a birthday coming up in 5 weeks and he prefers some clear trichromes (20-25%) where I look for 80% cloudy and 20% amber for my personal consumption. So guess who's getting some QP X GG for their birthday? :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom