She has definitely been burned by the spray. Some trichs on the sugar leaves as well. Trichs on the bracts themselves are still fine. Mostly clear, a few cloudy.
She's still moving along well.

Leona- day 141

She has definitely been burned by the spray. Some trichs on the sugar leaves as well. Trichs on the bracts themselves are still fine. Mostly clear, a few cloudy.

Leona- day 141

Buds look great Mel.

Was it the potassium bicarbonate that burned the leaves? And why are you using it rather than the citric acid dilution that @InTheShed recommends?

Buds look great Mel.
Thanks Keith!
Was it the potassium bicarbonate that burned the leaves? And why are you using it rather than the citric acid dilution that @InTheShed recommends?
Yes, it's the potassium bicarbonate spray. I'm using it because I had an issue earlier in this grow which I thought was some sort of fungus or mould, and potassium bicarbonate has been effective against them for other growers.
It's effective against powdery mildew, you just have to be cautious about the concentration and how heavily you spray.
I've been using it for a few weeks now, and this is the first time I've burned more than a few stigmas.
You also need to be consistent spraying it, or the powdery mildew comes right back. I slacked off for a few days there, and over-corrected.

Leona- day 141

That's a very pretty plant!! 👍

Leona- day 145

Leona is looking good.
Thanks Keith.
Looks beautiful basking in the early October sun!

Better outside than in... :eek:
Looks beautiful, but it's pretty damn hot here today, and with the ac out of commission it's not too pleasant.

Leona- day 101

Desdemona- day 91

Fay Wray- day 50

I do have some good news though, the seed for my hempy experiment is up.
It's a helmet head for now, but I'll be starting a journal this evening.

I'm pretty sure they're aphids. They can come on really quickly, especially since the females can be born pregnant.
They're really not that big of a deal, and insecticidal soap can knock them back quite effectively. But combined with the budrot, and the spider mites webbing down at the bottom of the plant I'm calling it.
If it weren't for the rot and the plants right beside her I would probably just let her finish as much as she can, but it's just too much of a risk for a few days of ripening. Her trichs are in a good spot, so it's best to take her down now.
That is the coolest plant! It's one of those you just wanna stand around and look at.

She's starting to get a lot of amber on her sugar leaves, so we're closing in on the home stretch. Hopefully she won't have too much trouble ripening in the weather we have coming.

Leona- day 146

Screenshot_20231005_111150_Weather.jpg

That is the coolest plant! It's one of those you just wanna stand around and look at.
Thanks POG!

Lots of rain last night. She got a little bent out of shape, but nothing a little garden wire can't fix.

Leona- day 147

At least the cloud cover is keeping the nighttime temps up! :thumb:
Lol, silver lining?
Good morning el Beardo!

You’re nearly there!

Oh and congratulations on yet another award!

🥇🤩🥇🤩🥇🤩
Morning Tra:ciao:
Not long now!
And thank you!

Back
Top Bottom