Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

That looks like 123.6 grams on the scale. I just took 20% of that multiplied by 15 colas and divided by 28.5. not taking the smaller stuff into account I got 13.01 oz or 370.8 grams. Just rough math, we could both be wrong. Lol

Got my new fan today, can't complain about fast early delivery. It is the basic profile of a metal cased 4" inline fan, but the casing is plastic and it can be disassembled for cleaning. Only cost $35 delivered. Not sure about longevity yet of course, but she sure will be quiet with a filter on the end.

Quick glance at the seedlings shows several just about above ground, very excited for everything. Especially curious to see what the F2s in the closet look like auto or photo.

Oh see, that's the problem. The 123.6 grams was the weight of all 3 of those colas. So take the 15 others, divide by 3 and then multiply 5 x 123.6 grams which is 618g x 20% = 123.6 divided by 28 =4.41oz for the other 15 colas.

I came out with approximately 5.29 zips for the 18 colas not counting the shorter colas.

Suspicions totally confirmed. Seedlings in the closet are vigorous, those in the tent are slackers. Moved 4x Northern Lights into the closet to establish themselves for a bit. Later in summer this would not be a problem, but seedlings just don't like the 60°s.

Fan is quiet enough, seems to be pulling air through the filter. Harlequin all look good. 2x Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps in the Dollar store bucket are definitely starting flush tomorrow. Probably do that for 7 days, chop the dark pheno and flush the vomit pheno til she looks nice. Also thinking about flushing the last two purple phenos of DP x TTB.

I am about to have a mess of plants again. I will still have 3 adults flowering indefinitely, lol, in the tent. I will probably shut the cobs down until I get more plants in to flower. Looking like the still cool evenings are altering my plans a bit. At this rate I will be flowering the 4 NLs with the 3 Harlequin. Let's keep our fingers crossed for female autoflowering phenotypes in the closet. I'm really enjoying not running out of meds.

Yeah, seedlings seem to like it in 78 degrees F with the RH around 65%. Or at least for me.
It's my first winter growing indoors. Presented me with a lot of learning experiences.

Thank you. I supercropped her once and I have plucked a hand full of leaves, but she has been pretty "set and forget". Seems like she is around 8-9 weeks in flower.

This particular cross was never tested before about 40 seeds were gifted to me. To my knowledge, I am the only person currently running this strain. Actually kind of a shame.

It's official. I very much dislike trimming buds. I don't seem intelligent enough to be able to space the plants out so I trim one every couple weeks. I seem to always end up with two or three plants finishing at the same time which is the case now. This weekend I have been trimming a Chemdawg plant and also a @SeedsMan Gelat.OG plant. The Gelat.OG has some beautiful VERY light green buds that are packed with crystals. Seedsman says the THC can run as high as 25% so that probably explains the frostiness. Here is a photo of one of the buds and some of the sugar leaves. Not sure how much you'll see in the photos.

Oh, and here is a picture of my pup. I texted this picture to my wife who is visiting her mom. Her reply was "Did you get him stoned"? LOL No, I don't get my pups stoned. He's just sound asleep having a dream.

Chopped SSDC this morning. Yield will be miserable, although I believe what I get will be very high quality stuff.

Started straight ph'd water on the Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps and the last two purple DP x TTBs.

Harlequin looking fantastic.

9/9 successful germination from Devil's Pitchfork F2s. Will make it tough to want to toss any of them.

3/4 of the Northern Lights look great, 1 having a hard time shaking her shell. Get at her with the tweezers later.

The closet stays very warm, but cfls are hotter. Fan does its job, couldn't smell anything when I opened the closet and the air was not stale.

I would love to see you put the Northern Lights plants into 1-2 gallon pots. Let them veg till they reach the 6th node and top them down to the 4th node. Then let them veg for another 2 weeks and then flip them. Would love to see you pulling 1.5 - 2 zips off each plant.

@beez0404 they aren't really in containers made for easy transplanting, so that part is out of the question. These may end up getting vegged for awhile. With everything being so healthy and now that the closet is running I have more options.

Having a semi debilitating pain day has me thinking mostly of the Harlequin and how well an originally clone only strain transfers to seed form and then of course comes the question of stability. These are seeds bred from seed bank seeds. The feminized seeds I find online claim to be super stable as far as cbd:thc ratios go. Unfortunately the actual breeder of these is unavailable, from what I've gathered. Should be fine, I just get paranoid.

That's all for the moment.

Be prepared.. Long photo update ahead. Feeling pretty good about things. Can't think of anything that needs immediate attention. Just pretty plants.

These are maturing right on track

These as well. Just coated in frost

Except for her. Slow but may very well be worth it.

Last of the adult pics

Big harvest coming up for sure

Seedling observations Sensi NL x Nirvana NL and Sensi NL.

Sensi NL is slower going. Stems seem a bit thin. Have a fragile appearance.

Sensi NL x Nirvana NL have robust stems, thicker than most seedlings I grow. Appears sturdy overall.

I think I will leave one of each in veg for awhile and the other two can get flowered a bit smaller. It's almost like a comparative grow that I thought about doing but decided not to do, but here I am nonetheless so I should pay attention. Lol

My hypothesis is that the cross will perform better all around. Of course in the end it will only be my personal opinion and results could vary greatly between grow styles. I have grown one of each previously but at different times, mediums, containers.

Looks like you better sharpen up those trimming scissors!! They're all looking really nice.
Thanks Beez.

It's way more trimming than I am used to in one personal harvest. My hand goes numb trimming just one tiny plant. I may have to put the wife to work... I might dry one of the DP x TTB whole and run her through the hash bags, with dry ice if I can afford it. Save me some scissor time.

Back
Top Bottom