Hi folks! Here's an update from the 28"x28" flower tent

First, Seedsman White Widow Fem
Day F29-2.JPG

Day F29-1.JPG

Day 27.

Day F34-1.JPG
Day F34-2.JPG

Day 34.

She is drinking 3L water with 5.0 Mega Crop per gallon every 3 to 4 days. The Cheese plant is drinking roughly the same.

Seedsman Cheese Fem
Day F33-3.JPG
Day F33-2.JPG

Day 33.

Day F38-1.JPG
Day F38-2.JPG

Day 38. Cheese is stacking and fattening.

Thanks for taking a look!

Hi folks! Here's an update from the 28"x28" flower tent

First, Seedsman White Widow Fem
Day F29-2.JPG

Day F29-1.JPG

Day 27.

Day F34-1.JPG
Day F34-2.JPG

Day 34.

She is drinking 3L water with 5.0 Mega Crop per gallon every 3 to 4 days. The Cheese plant is drinking roughly the same.

Seedsman Cheese Fem
Day F33-3.JPG
Day F33-2.JPG

Day 33.

Day F38-1.JPG
Day F38-2.JPG

Day 38. Cheese is stacking and fattening.

Thanks for taking a look!
Looks fantastic!

Hi everyone! Update September 5, 2020

Here is Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies days 41 to 44
Day 41.JPG

Day 41

Day 42-1.JPG
Day 42-2.JPG
Day 42-3.JPG

Day 42. Removed a couple of fan leaves to expose the centre.

Day 43.JPG

Day 43

Day 44-1.JPG
Day 44-2.JPG

Day 44. Centre filled-in. She will be left alone now to grow vertically. Flip will be in just about three weeks so she will need a defoliation soon and another just before the flip.

Beautiful little plant, Hutch!
Won't be little for long though...

Hi folks, time for another update, today will be our Dr.S days 31 - 37, see previous update, days 27-30 if you want to see her initial training.

Day 31.JPG

Day 31. She's about 3" tall.

Day 32-2.JPG

Day 32.

Day 33.JPG

Day 33.

Day 34-1.JPG

Day 34. Some adjustments to the staples to keep her growing vertically for now. Fed 3 litres of water with Mega Crop at 3.0 grams per gallon. Was four days since last feed.

Day 35-2.JPG

Day 35-3.JPG

Day 35. More growth, more adjustments.

Day 36-2.JPG

Day 36. Lighting varies as I move them around in the tent but in her current position she is only receiving about 26,000 LUX and at most she gets 30,000 LUX so it doesn't really take much light during the vegetative stage.

Day 37-2.JPG

Day 37. Almost ready to let her take off. She is about 4" tall.

I'll be changing her name tag before the next round of photos! ;)

Ok, we're back... Northern Soul
Day 33.JPG

Day 33.

Day 34-1.JPG

Day 34. Fed 3 litres water with Meg Crop at 3.0.

Day 35-2.JPG

Day 35.

Day 36-1.JPG

Day 36-2.JPG

Day 36. She is receiving about 27,000 LUX

Day 37-2.JPG

Day 37.

Day 38-1.JPG

Day 38. Oh dear! What is this?

Day 38-2.JPG

Day 38-3.JPG

Day 38. More pics of brown spotting. Feeding at 3 grams Mega Crop to the gallon.

Looking at pictures online it looks like either Potassium or Phosphorus excess. I have no idea, can anybody help?

Thanks for dropping by!

Looking at pictures online it looks like either Potassium or Phosphorus excess. I have no idea, can anybody help?
It's too early to be a P or K def as those almost always happen in flower. It appears to be a Ca def as it's hitting the top growth. Increase your feed to 3.5 or 4g/gal and that should fix you up.
With MC I like to be at 4g mid veg and hold there until the plant starts to fade in color on the bottom or shows signs of Ca or Mg def.

It's too early to be a P or K def as those almost always happen in flower. It appears to be a Ca def as it's hitting the top growth. Increase your feed to 3.5 or 4g/gal and that should fix you up.
With MC I like to be at 4g mid veg and hold there until the plant starts to fade in color on the bottom or shows signs of Ca or Mg def.

Thanks Mr.S! I removed 15 affected leaves this morning
IMG-6538.JPG

It looks like the affected leaves were actually lower down. I think these pictures can be misleading with all the bending and stapling, but the new growth that is left looks pretty good.

I thought it might be fungus gnats after looking at some pictures online last night. But all the other plants are fine and there are no bugs on the yellow sticky I have hanging in there. Unless those symptoms return I'm going with the theory that it was nutrient solution splashes on the leaves. I've obviously heard of this happening from splashes during lights on but never experienced it before, if that's what it is. Here's hoping!

She is due for watering tomorrow so we'll see what happens in the meantime. Since it can't be P or K, if those spots come back I'll do as you say and bump her up to 3.5 otherwise I'll stay at 3.0 for next feeding as she looks so pretty and I'm trying to avoid the mess I created last time by over-feeding.

There's no better eyes than your own and it sounds like you're on top of things so good call and well done!
Um, I think your eyes are better than mine! I wish I had listened to you, the problem is back and I think you are right. I've never seen a plant go splotchy like this with Mega Crop. Last feeding was 3.0 and the pot's still a little heavy so tomorrow is when she would be fed again. I will go up to 4.0 as you suggested. Should I add a little Cal-Mag? I don't want to shock her too much or make it worse. The Cal-Mag is 4-0-0 so a lot of N but at this early date that should be ok?

Pictures coming.

Here's a photo update on the sad little Northern Soul
Day 39-1.JPG

Day 39. Looks great now that the bad leaves are gone.

Day 41-2.JPG

Day 41. Still looking good!

Day 42-3.JPG
Day 42-4.JPG

Day 42. Oh dear, it's back! Leaves are developing splotches again.

Day F01-1.JPG
Day F01-3.JPG
Day F01-5.JPG

Day 45. Flip day 1. Looks like @MrSauga was right! I guess this is classic Calcium deficiency.

Will be feeding at 4.0 Mega Crop to the gallon tomorrow. Should I add a little Cal-Mag?

Thanks for taking a look and for all the support!

Nope. If I can say politely that you should never add calmag or other supplements to fix a def until you have reached the max recommended dose of megacrop.
She'll get plenty once you bump it up but you are playing catchup right now. So I would get to 4.5g/gal and hold there. That should take you right into flower. Those leaves will not correct themselves so you want to make sure the new growth after the second watering is looking good. It takes about one watering before you know.

Since it appears to be happening on the older leaves should I just add some Epsom Salts to the MC feed instead of Cal-Mag?
Typically a Mg def starts at the bottom and a Ca def up top. Since the leaf tips are turning then it's a sign of Mg def.

I'm suggesting 4.5g now because looking at the leaf you are behind a bit on the feed. The new amount should stop the progression and get you back on track. You can look at adding calmag if you are still having issues after 5.5g which is the most I recommend for plants.
Then if needed you would drop the MC down to a level such as 4g/gal and use the 4-0-0 calmag. You have a higher N in the calmag so you have to take that into consideration as well.
I know you mentioned it but I can't find it now... the version of MC you use or roughly when you bought it?

I'm suggesting 4.5g now because looking at the leaf you are behind a bit on the feed. The new amount should stop the progression and get you back on track. You can look at adding calmag if you are still having issues after 5.5g which is the most I recommend for plants.
Then if needed you would drop the MC down to a level such as 4g/gal and use the 4-0-0 calmag. You have a higher N in the calmag so you have to take that into consideration as well.
I know you mentioned it but I can't find it now... the version of MC you use or roughly when you bought it?
Thanks, I was going to go ahead with the Cal-Mag tomorrow. I really appreciate this advice and it makes perfect sense. I should already know all that having read countless posts, but I've never run into a really voracious feeder. Theoretical knowledge is useless, I guess, until you get to put it into practice. I will go to 4.5g in tomorrow's feed. No Cal-Mag!

My Mega Crop is quite new to me, maybe two months ago. It is off-white with no balls and the bag says 9-6-17. The rep told me they weren't happy with the ground up version and would be going back to balls. Personally I like this neutered stuff, really easy to use. :peace: :love: :hookah:

My Mega Crop is quite new to me, maybe two months ago. It is off-white with no balls and the bag says 9-6-17.
Perfect. I thought you had an older version.
The rep told me they weren't happy with the ground up version and would be going back to balls.
Very interesting. I didn't know they weren't happy with it. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom