Hydro in small stealth dresser?

virtualpurple

Hi folks, first time poster, first time grower.

I have a small stealth dresser with inside measurements of 25" L x 12" W x 28' H. I bought it off craigslist for a few hundred bucks, not sure if it was homebuilt or from a manufacturer. It has a 240w Blackstar LED, two pc fans, and one carbon filter that seems a little large to me but I am not sure if they make small electric carbon filters.

I am looking to do my first grow but have put the card before the horse and started germinating before I had everything I would need for planting. I will have to pick up supplies soon but first need to determine if I'm doing soil or hydro. I had figured that soil would be simpler but I've read a number of articles and/or forum posts around the internet suggesting that hydro will be easier and suggest there's no real link between potency and medium of growth (though I have no idea which is true). My question is if it is possible to put a small hydro system in that small grow space to take care of several small plants in their early stages at least until I can figure out a bigger stealth setup to appease my girlfriend?

I have nothing against soil, but I've read that if you mess up your soil early on it can be very hard to recover from. And truthfully, I'm nervous about messing up with soil if it is less forgiving and harder to correct.

Try using a hempy pot (passive hydro)on your first grow,its super easy and I've gotten good results from it.then you can step up to dwc or ebb&flow.

Back
Top Bottom