HydroLife - DWC - Blueberry Cheesecake - CFL - Grow

Hi LiquidBud. Thank you very much my virtual amigo. I must say I am also pretty darn impressed with the results so far too, Especially given my earlier problems with airoponic cloning. My lights are 300W each however so far Iv only been using the one. I will use my second 300W light when the canopy gets a tad bigger and also for flowering power lol (I hang them 1-2 foot above the canopy)

I'm using dutch pro for hydro and run the reservoirs for 2 whole weeks. Today is start of week 3 so will do it today, I just have the water de-chlorinating atm and only have one spare bucket so need to do em one at a time lol (in 2-3 weeks the roots will be to much for this way though and I think I will need to change them weekly)

Im also weekly cleaning the inside and outsides of the tent and my intake vent has a mask over it so nothing can get in and infect the environment like bugs, disease or debris etc. And to be extra anal I only grow what im going to flower from clones so I know my girls are from a strong, good and healthy mother.

I also really adore your temperature control ;) Mine is 10 degrees bigger, only nights has this temp:(

Thank you. I buy from ebay something like a current controller and use it with the extractor fans plug. It runs at about 30-50% of total power. Then I just watch the clock and adjust the extractors power if its above 25c I turn the current controller up and if its below 20c I turn it down so my lights and internal heater will heat it up nice. The heater only comes on when the lights go out to help with the night time temps, I like to aim for about 20c because Iv always been happy with that temp. At the start of the grow for the mother I did have real issues holding a good temperature but Iv got the heater in there now to stop those problems.

Love to do a mid-week update yesterday for 4/20 but my friend came and to take me to the 4/20 festival in my city so I will do one now.

I think the power of 4/20 infected my grow as MASSIVE growth just occurred out of nowhere. I took some pics to show. Its insane. I just topped other 4 a few days ago and they where nothing like this at all. I'm absalutly mind blown. Think hydro will now be my main method for future now. This is absalutly insane growth speeds.

20160421_150707.jpg

20160421_150722.jpg

Update:

Last week now until the switch. I still haven't gotten myself a scrog though. Hopefully I can get one sorted next week and it wont be too late. (this will also be my first scrog).

The canopy got way to dense for my liking so went in today and trimmed up a few of them. Also some of my heads got too tall so I put them back down again so the sub nodes can grow out a bit and catch up. I'm trying my hardest to keep it as even as possible ready for the net. Here's some before and after pics.

Before

before_chop_1.jpg

before_chop_2.jpg

After

after_chop_1.jpg

after_chop_2.jpg

You've spread them really nicely ;) I've some lessons to take from you :) I really like the looks of your leafs. By the way, when you defoliate leafs, don't throw them out, put them into your blender and make some green smoothies for ya, leafs are full of terpenes, which help to figh cancer cells! Nice job man! See you next week ;}

I'm subbed. It's satisfying to see hydro noobs have a good time and make real progress. I like your grow setup! Good luck in 12/12, take care of those roots!

V:bongrip:

@LiquidBud
Thank you very much my friend. I'm also learning as I go to in regards to hydroponics and the various techniques to increase the plants yields. I didn't know that about the leaf bud but I just have a question about that because I would like to do that instead of wasting them in the garbage. I will get a blender. But what about all the ferts in the leafs. That is going to make us ill if we consume it that way no?

@vlad
Hey welcome. Thanks for joining my thread here. You couldn't have picked a better time to join because I'm inducing flower next sunday, should be a fun 1st run. Yeah I'm extremely nooby with hydroponics but I did practice with a monster cherry tomato plant in dwc before I decided to try it for growing my meds with. I used to do soil for everything. I can safely say that so far im never going back to soil medium hahaha.
Please feel free to chime in any time if you see I'm doing something wrong or could do something different or better etc.

\heres one from my monster tomatoes plants back when they where veg last year i think. This was my private "experiment/introduction" to myself into hydroponics.
20160101_132625.jpg

I'll grab you some root shots next sunday as I will need to change res to bloom then too. I will say though that I abandoned all hope of perfect white roots long ago hahahaha

And I just taken a pic of the girls now there tops/heads have healed up a little. For those that didn't know about that, (I just learned about it too), You can see that by putting there heads down before like I did, It makes a sort of angle in the stem of the plant where I broke/twisted it down. That gives some room for the light to get the sub nodes up.

20160424_185345.jpg

Well, I haven't done reasearch about this, but what I think is, that nutes is a plant food, plant eat it, and make other chemicals like thc,cbd,terpenes,chlorophile... so on and so on.. I'm trying juicing it today, will tell the outcome. Ofcourse I will rinse leafs clean, for obvious reasons :) If I get sick I will report back :))

I got a blender dude just let me know how your trials go.
im looking at this recipe Raw Cannabis Green Smoothie | THCA | TheDabSpot - YouTube

Also Just got my new light arrived today and got all kinds of goodies arriving this week. I saved up for to buy it all together. The vegy tents coming, found a decent scrog net too. only for 10.00. As promised ill take pics as I build it up and get it integrated with the big tent like we discussed earlier. This all needs to happen this week. I dont fancy cloning then having to revert them from bloom.

the bulbs are A LOT smaller / thinner than I had expected. they are like 15cm in diameter im well disappointed considering the price for the unit.

20160426_173912.jpg

That video of smoothie is nice, actually you can improvise all other parts except cannabis leafs. And I add 4 times more leafs than her ;}

As long as your new lights fit a new veg tent, you're going to be alright. But I also dislike the moment when you see an item in reality, and it looks different from advertisement.

Will be waiting for scrog update ;) Your plants will love it ;)

You will be faster than me in making veg room ;) But In the future, im planning to have 2000 sq. meter greenhouse, I will dedicate some space for some precious girls ;) Just have to sort out my funding now.

I almost missed the man with my packages. Lucky for me I was just coming around the corner as he was giving it to my neighbors,

Any way its all here dude, All but my heat mat because stupid me bought it from hong kong lol..... Dont laugh I get exited when im shopping ;)

Here's your pics of the light and tent so you can see how big its all fitting together.

20160428_193848.jpg

20160428_194110.jpg

I have decided im going to wait till sunday for installing the net because its going to take me soooo long with res changing with water pumps than by hand when the net is up. Ill just wait till sunday and change nutes to bloom cycle then too. Going to put my water out tonight for a few.

I will be following!!

Heres my first journal using 100W DE bulbs

Appreciate any comments, likes, feedback, shares, ratings, thoughts....Anything really

oh wow dude that aint no plants bro you grew yourself a ganga tree forest , amazing job dude very well done I hope I do good too
:D

I just done some more of the scrog preparation iv been learning about getting them ready for sunday. If you look carefully you can see I have split a few of the stems in the places I bend them down by mistake. The effected tops seem to be still growing albeit a tad slower than her sibling tops but its getting pretty dark in the damaged area too and looks to be the start of rot but I hope not. its only a few and im doing this fun/learning anyway so its really no big deal but if those few tops go its of course a big loss for me.

20160429_093047.jpg

20160429_093103.jpg

I almost missed the man with my packages. Lucky for me I was just coming around the corner as he was giving it to my neighbors,

Any way its all here dude, All but my heat mat because stupid me bought it from hong kong lol..... Dont laugh I get exited when im shopping ;)

Here's your pics of the light and tent so you can see how big its all fitting together.

20160428_193848.jpg

20160428_194110.jpg

I have decided im going to wait till sunday for installing the net because its going to take me soooo long with res changing with water pumps than by hand when the net is up. Ill just wait till sunday and change nutes to bloom cycle then too. Going to put my water out tonight for a few.

Oh snap, this tiny tent looks really nice :) Young girls will be doing there just fine. Btw, I get too excited when buying myself.. I always buy too much, than I need. I always need wife besides me, so I would buy what I really need :D But I'm waiting for my brix meter, and I\m excited to check what reading I will pull from my ladies :)

Hello everyone. I'm so sad to bring this last update for this project. For my own and my families safety I had to cancel this grow yesterday when I was suppose to make the switch/scrog update.

I'm so sad and depressed about the girls but I had no choice to cancel them. They where prime and ready as well for bloom and scroging up. There tops where lovely and perfect this would have been a kick ass scrog from what I was seeing so far. It was my own fault also because I had left my front door unlocked by mistake whilst I was tending to my garden and a friend busted me. I cant even bribe him with harvest because he don't smoke. I'm sure he wouldn't have said anything to anyone but as I cant be 100% sure on that I had no choice to cancel. I took some final remembrance pics. I'm so pissed with myself, words don't even come close. I hope no one hates me for killing them.

20160501_172233.jpg

20160501_172251.jpg

and the new aeroponic prop I hat made thanks to madisone
20160501_140140.jpg

Ps
If a mod sees this you can please move it to the correct place. Thanks and a big thanks to everyone that contributed to my knowledge in this thread up to this point.

It never goes down easy when Big Brother Politics come into the growing equation.

What a shame that somebody barged into your home because the door was unlocked!!! What Manners!!

No hard feelings, as they say, $hit happens. You had a good run. Maybe you'll go for it again in 6 months since you have the equipment and nutes on hand.

It will be hard to forgive your "friend" for how he took advantage though, good luck!

Peace!!!

Back
Top Bottom