HydroLife - DWC - Blueberry Cheesecake - CFL - Grow

Not a bad combo you got there my friend. Dont think I could have chosen better myself. Im thinking for my next grow im going with sour diesel or Jack Herar, maybe both.

hey LiquidBud so your post really got me thinking about reducing my costs too and getting a separate vegy room using t5s I was looking around and decided to get for cloning and veging 0.7mx1.2mx0.7m tent with a 2 foot long 4 bulb t5 setup.

That reduces from x2 300W to only 96W
For the res im just going to get a couple of those "under-bed" storage boxes and tape them black. use half the tent for veging and half for cloning then my main room (1.2mx1.2mx2m) can be flower/scrog room

Thats a good idea man! and that tent is pretty cheap, wow I will order it myself :) I would also take one storage box with lid and make 4 holes for plants. And that will save some nutes and electricity, at least I could go veging for as long as I want, I mean we can weg to the max in small tent, and then take those and veg even more if needed in flower room :) But Im glad you made this choice, take pictures after you have installed everything :) Good luck:)

So we got another one ready and planted today that's 5 rooted and planted so far now. I sure do hope another 4 hurry with rooting. I don't want there to be too much gap between them all.

If I didn't mention this is my first attempt at cloning with airoponics. I did make one just like yours today midasone and cancelled the ez cloner order. I got a question for ya bud. How do you take your clones out of the lid after roots have grown lol do you just cut the lids up? That's what I had to do. Also how do you actually plant them into the net pots without the use of rockwool? I attempted my best here's a pic to show you what i mean. Left one is the one I just done today with no rockwool it was cloned in the bubbles instead.
I had to hold it and kind of carefully sprinkle the clay pebbles around the roots. There must be an easier way than that, I think I snapped a couple as well doing that.

20160326_191430.jpg

Click for Bigger

Very simple answer my friend. I slowly and carefully pull the clones out through the top of the lid. Plus I don't wait until the clones have a million roots. I wait until the clones have 10 to 15 long roots and pull them out. I place the roots into the bottom of an empty 5inch net pot. Then I carefully fill the net pot with hydroton(clay pellets). Adjusting the height of the clone as the net pot fill up.

Thanks I think I get it now/. My problem was I had made the bloody holes to small hahahaha derp....
I had to use surgery scalpel to cut them free so gonna need to make a new lid for it (with bigger holes) ha.

@Liquid im going to buy them in about 3 or 4 weeks mate ill certainly take some pics from it. I plan to intersect the veg tent in between my flower rooms intake air vent and the flower tent itself. So instead of having two extractors to circulate the air in both i will only need the one in the flower room and just turn the power up a bit for it. As long as both tents stay under pressure, all the air should get to the carbon filter from the flower room. so we can save a little bit more money on extractors and ducting lol

Thanks I think I get it now/. My problem was I had made the bloody holes to small hahahaha derp....
I had to use surgery scalpel to cut them free so gonna need to make a new lid for it (with bigger holes) ha.

@Liquid im going to buy them in about 3 or 4 weeks mate ill certainly take some pics from it. I plan to intersect the veg tent in between my flower rooms intake air vent and the flower tent itself. So instead of having two extractors to circulate the air in both i will only need the one in the flower room and just turn the power up a bit for it. As long as both tents stay under pressure, all the air should get to the carbon filter from the flower room. so we can save a little bit more money on extractors and ducting lol

I think that if you will split air intake/outake into "fork" one of the rooms will get reduced flow thats for sure. But I might just not understand the concept completely ;)
But for a small veg/clone tent I would install those computer fans, they take 0w compared to something big, and small girls won't need so much of air flow. Thats my thoughts only.

I made a diagram like this dude.
Untitled174.jpg

I figure that if I cover both tents in plastic milar and tape then turn my extractors power up a nothc the airflow will have no other choice but to obay me.

Ok, but I think you will get something similar like a vacum cleaner pipe. It has a button if you sucked accidently something you open the button and you lose all the power previous to that button. So I think same effect will be here, it will pull air only from closer opening/vent.
Unless you can install second fan.
I tried to paint over your diagram. Green circles are fans.

Yet again, I might be wrong, so double check this :>
Screen_Shot_2016-04-02_at_8_40_18_PM.png

Happy update day everyone haha :thumb: sorry im just in a great mood because I really didn't think my final clones where going to make it through harden period but as I checked today I was very happy. I even had a few left over to stick in some soil ones.
A few of the airoponic clones didn't make my schedule so what i did was unroot one of the soil ones, wash it and plant it to dwc to fill the gap. (I hope that's ok I never done that before but didn't see why not as long as i was careful and quick)

100% of the soil ones rooted without any issues very fast. I'm used to that way so had no problems with those. Im going to start my week count for all of them now regardless of their different sizes because it will just make my life a bit easier. So starting today Im counting week one veg. Here is a pic of my little girls basking in their sun-tan.
20160403_185555.jpg

ps. Does any one know if I have to start a new Journal for these or Can I just keep on in this thread? Technically its all from one plant. I'm not sure the rules on that.

Nice update man, it's always nice to hear good news! I think that repotting from soil to hydro will make plant stress a little, but if done carefully you wouldn't know. I wish good luck for that girl ;}
And I think you can keep posting to this journal, a lot of guys does this. You can see perpetual grow journals here:>

Its Sunday. Update Time :D I waited all week to see it. wait its a lie. I went in midweek to feed damn soil plants. But anyway I can still see a big difference. From our last update. I think next sunday or half way through next week i'm going to have to make fresh nutrient solutions.

I switched the tops around in case anyone is wondering or thinking its different plants haha. I did that to optimize the use of my light until they get too big then I will stick the second light on.

The set of 4 on the left are the oldest and I have topped all but one of those. The slightly younger ones on the right are all still un-topped. Maybe next week.

Back on the older ones. I have started to learn about super cropping and knuckling up your plants so I have done a little of that to the largest of the 4.

And last is the soil ones. Nobody worry about those ones. I'm not. There just doing what they do. I'm just feeding them with regular water. I'm not focused on those and don't have the room to continue them. I will move them out to there own place soon before the hydro ones totally cover them.

20160410_133205.jpg

20160410_133507.jpg

Thanks dude. Yeah I love to see them each week. its another thing I like about hydro. Because you don't have to keep watering them you can check on them less which means I can easily see massive difference each update :) I love it.

Update:

I would say we are about week 3 now. All plants growth has suddenly accelerated out of nowhere. Very happy with that. All 4 of "the elders" (left) have now been topped. I did the latest one about 4 days ago. The other 4 to the right I will start the topping throughout this week as some are not ready yet. The 3 soil ones are doing fine, still unsure what to do with them yet.

I want to get if I can about 1-2 more week in veg before the switch but I need to watch carefully and make sure the canopy doesn't get too dense as I am using CFL. If we dont get too dense I will even try to include those 3 soil ones in side by side too.

Will be changing both res today because its been a few since I changed them and i think they could really use it.

I got nice and in there this time to get some good pics for today.

Today
20160417_070708.jpg

20160417_070725.jpg

20160417_070757.jpg

20160413_175611.jpg

Hey Hydro! Nice update. Your girls are loving what you're doing. And I think rez change will come in handy, plant really love fresh water. I did a rez change yesterday after 1.3 week, and plants is saying "thank you master" today :) But boy, your plants are really beautiful, disease free. You're doing good job. What would be a total wattage of your cfls? Im just curious to follow your grow and see what you will be able to pull from them:)

Hi LiquidBud. Thank you very much my virtual amigo. I must say I am also pretty darn impressed with the results so far too, Especially given my earlier problems with airoponic cloning. My lights are 300W each however so far Iv only been using the one. I will use my second 300W light when the canopy gets a tad bigger and also for flowering power lol (I hang them 1-2 foot above the canopy)

I'm using dutch pro for hydro and run the reservoirs for 2 whole weeks. Today is start of week 3 so will do it today, I just have the water de-chlorinating atm and only have one spare bucket so need to do em one at a time lol (in 2-3 weeks the roots will be to much for this way though and I think I will need to change them weekly)

Im also weekly cleaning the inside and outsides of the tent and my intake vent has a mask over it so nothing can get in and infect the environment like bugs, disease or debris etc. And to be extra anal I only grow what im going to flower from clones so I know my girls are from a strong, good and healthy mother.

Back
Top Bottom