5 Gallon DWC - 1st Attempt

Very quiet, energy efficient, and auto shutoff when the res is full.
WP_20160510_006.jpg

Bloom nutes
WP_20160510_005.jpg

It seems to be going great so far. I'm on my first dwc also but I'm a few weeks behind you. Looking forward to seeing some more updates.

Hey bobo1 how is it going buddy!? Thanks for checking out my first grow. I will check yours out as well and see how you are coming along. To be honest on my next grow I'll follow the feeding charts and monitor the PPM more carefully. I'm pretty sure I have been under feeding the plants. But I hear that is better then burnt tips! I'm starting to find ways to keep my grow environment consistent. I've got control of humidity. The temp in my tent I've been keeping between 70-80 degrees. I just found a way to keep my res water at 65 -70 degrees. I found mini totes to put my 5 gal buckets in, those totes are full of frozen ice bottles. I have a bunch of frozen water bottles in rotation so I'm glad I was able to figure that out finally.

Question for the pros? I'm in my first week of flowering. The guy from my local hydro shop gave me a sample of BUD BLOOD. I went in there looking to purchase open sesame or bud ignitor. They were pricey so he gave me a sample of bud blood since I've been becoming a faithful customer. Anyone have experience? I've read a lot of blogs on it so I'll probably throw it in next res change. I will post some update pics asap!

Thanks but I don't have a journal. I live in the bible belt so I'm kinda nervous about posting pictures. I'm doing a soil and dwc side by side to see which one I like best, and so far I like both! I'm also going simple with this grow using dyna gro nutes and hydroguard. Its really doing well in soil and dwc.

I had to insulate my dwc to get my Temps down now they are 65-70. That will help with funky water res forsure. Keep posting pics and good luck with your grow.

Well lefty decided to show HIS sex today. ::SIGH:: But things are looking good for righty. Lefty is either a Herm or male for sure. My Reptisun 10.0 UVA UVB lights came in. Righty will get a full dose of everything now. I have some seeds but I think next go I'll run some clones. I'm still a little butt hurt right now.

SO I discarded lefty immediately, clorox wiped the whole tent, lights, buckets, pretty much everything inside. I've been inspecting them everyday and today was the first time I seen lefty with the little balls so hopefully I caught it in time?? Any thoughts pros?

Good call on bleaching everything down, from what I see it looks like you caught him in time but hard to tell what the rest of the plant was doing. Later on when you have a few grows under your belt you may want to consider collecting the pollen from the male before you cull him just be sure to isolate him in his own grow area before you do it and only allow a couple of pollen sacs to develop clip the rest off as they sprout, then you can wet your hands at cross pollenating 2 strains to come up with a new variety or at least a different variety than what you started with since so many are doing it, chances are someone has already cross bred your strains. Still a fun learning experience and free seeds.

Thanks but I don't have a journal. I live in the bible belt so I'm kinda nervous about posting pictures. I'm doing a soil and dwc side by side to see which one I like best, and so far I like both! I'm also going simple with this grow using dyna gro nutes and hydroguard. Its really doing well in soil and dwc.
Look into using TorBrowser.

No sacks were open I'm sure I caught it on the day they popped up. So far Righty has been loving all of the attention. She now has two air stones and all the lights focusing on her. I'm running out of room width wise. Finally Seen a few little pistels! Slow bud development but I believe its finally happening. Soon as I see them I'll start feeding the bud candy and bloombastic.

I'm still brainstorming on a scrog and LST system that wont cause headaches when I'm changing res water. It would be easier since I'm down to one plant now. But I'd like to come up with something thats more then a quick fix.

Hey Laz did you buy the dome for your reptisun bulbs or are yours hanging free. I'll check through your journal again maybe the answer is there! lol

Unfortunately sir, I do not have a journal. I'm still a bit sketchy about this whole online thing yet. I do have the reptisun bulb hanging freely but I am going to get a dome to reflect the light a little better. I do 4 hours a day and then move it to a new spot the next day. It really seemed to bring out the trichs. My harvest is done for now but I will surely break it out at the end of this next run.

So I ran into a issue, I opened up my res bucket and a few gnats flew out. I started reading into it and I would assume they are fungus gnats! Ohhhh man here we go! I went and got some sticky strips to and started to hang them in my room. Clorox wiped the tent again. have been keeping my res temp at 65 but when I get home from being at work all day its at 75 degrees. The first day of hanging the strips I seen adults that have gotten caught. My concern now is their larvae. Any one have suggestions on what I can use to eradicate the larvae? Mosquito dunks? hydozine? Neem oil?

Soo I'm thinking of picking up some mosquito dunks, and a product called zero tolerance. I will go check this products out at the hydro store and see whats the most cost effective!

Back
Top Bottom