Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Getting pretty damn close man! Id say go for that staggered harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Bign - I was just down checking in with the girls before bed time (1pm) I couldn't find the bud with the amber... LOL:smokin:

I'll look for them again tomorrow and see how they are doing. I decided to bring some blue tape with me to mark and label if I go with a staggered harvest.

Yeah buddy!!
Time to get all your trimming and drying shit together. Nothing worse than needing something mid chop!

Wahoo! At lease I have a supply to keep me going until proper harvest and cure. I have one nug that I accidentally knocked off. Will be good for tasting soon.

I've been playing around with a new recipe (at least for me). I have been brewing up a strong canna-sugar using PGA tincture and then loading into #1 Capsules. The last batch I made was able to get to about a 10 mg dose per cap. I'm being more scientific this time and recording the ratio of sugar to tincture.

Working on this as a stealth product I can enjoy while traveling. :tommy:

How many more days does the breeder say they should go? I'm curious how far along they are compared to what the breeder expects

Dude your photos are on point! Plants are too! Love the detail and patience you are showing. Good work. ✌

Thanks GlaucomaMeds for stopping by and feel free to point out anything at all. I was disappointed with my AC in DWC as I screwed up and knocked the bubbler pump out and suffered some root rot. She recovered but I'm sure I hurt her full potential and her leaves look like shit-

I'll have to pick you brain about meds for your wife. I also suffer from Glaucoma and currently able to control with drops. From what I have read is for weed to be effective you have to maintain a dosage 24 hours a day. Is this what you have found and if so what dose is she using.

How many more days does the breeder say they should go? I'm curious how far along they are compared to what the breeder expects

Breeder says 9-10 weeks from flower. I believe I was at 9 weeks yesterday.

I think she is pretty close to that time frame.

Re: Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Thanks GlaucomaMeds for stopping by and feel free to point out anything at all. I was disappointed with my AC in DWC as I screwed up and knocked the bubbler pump out and suffered some root rot. She recovered but I'm sure I hurt her full potential and her leaves look like shit-

I'll have to pick you brain about meds for your wife. I also suffer from Glaucoma and currently able to control with drops. From what I have read is for weed to be effective you have to maintain a dosage 24 hours a day. Is this what you have found and if so what dose is she using.
I think I have dodged the dreaded root rot. More through luck I think, though I did change my DWC res completely every 3-4 days for the longest time lol.

As for the missus, she has had a trebeculectamy in each eye which is keeping her pressures stable at the moment (shes already totally blind in her left eye as her previous optician did not diagnose her glaucoma until it was waaaay too late) but she is adament that when the trebeculectamies stop working (she's been told that in all likely hood they'll eventually be ineffective - no idea why) she does not wish to go back to the drops she was on before. I met her after her eye surgeries were done but from how she describes the drops I dont blame her for not wanting to take them. I dont know which particular drops it is she hates, I'll have to ask her when she's home. She just started a night shift so I'm flying solo with the baby at the mo. You are correct from everything we understand about it you need to constantly dose every 4 hrs or so, depending on how long your selected method of consumption lasts. Smoking has a faster initial effect but lasts a lot less time. Ingesting is the best way to make the doses last the longest time possible. She just wants there to be bud on hand in case of her operations ever failing. She doesnt touch it otherwise. Its me that is the heavy user, I have it for back pain and anxiety (not here to lie, I enjoy it recreationally also).
Im sorry to hear you suffer with glaucoma too, I hope I can be of some more use when the missus is around.

Edit: thinking about it, they can make slow release nicotine patches for smokers...maybe they can come up with something similar for glaucoma patients with weed. Slap one on and you are good for 8hrs, atleast you could get a normal nights sleep then.

I think I have dodged the dreaded root rot. More through luck I think, though I did change my DWC res completely every 3-4 days for the longest time lol.

As for the missus, she has had a trebeculectamy in each eye which is keeping her pressures stable at the moment (shes already totally blind in her left eye as her previous optician did not diagnose her glaucoma until it was waaaay too late) but she is adament that when the trebeculectamies stop working (she's been told that in all likely hood they'll eventually be ineffective - no idea why) she does not wish to go back to the drops she was on before. I met her after her eye surgeries were done but from how she describes the drops I dont blame her for not wanting to take them. I dont know which particular drops it is she hates, I'll have to ask her when she's home. She just started a night shift so I'm flying solo with the baby at the mo. You are correct from everything we understand about it you need to constantly dose every 4 hrs or so, depending on how long your selected method of consumption lasts. Smoking has a faster initial effect but lasts a lot less time. Ingesting is the best way to make the doses last the longest time possible. She just wants there to be bud on hand in case of her operations ever failing. She doesnt touch it otherwise. Its me that is the heavy user, I have it for back pain and anxiety (not here to lie, I enjoy it recreationally also).
Im sorry to hear you suffer with glaucoma too, I hope I can be of some more use when the missus is around.

Edit: thinking about it, they can make slow release nicotine patches for smokers...maybe they can come up with something similar for glaucoma patients with weed. Slap one on and you are good for 8hrs, atleast you could get a normal nights sleep then.

The drops I use are Xalatan (Latanoprost). Not really bad only need to use once a day. The only side effect is they can permanently change blue eyes to a darker color and cause eye lashes to grow longer LOL. I haven't noticed either.

Currently California is legal medical marijuana only but recreational marijuana goes into effect on January 1. It will be interesting to see if anything changes (except them increasing the tax on medical marijuana). My town just passed a ban on any stores, out door growing , limitation of 6 plants and Max light capacity of 1,000 watts per lamp. It is their way of being in control before state law kicks in.

11/13 - Day 65 Flower I feel like a pacing father outside the delivery room.

The girls are in flush mode and drinking about a liter each a day. I can still notice the colas swelling.

420-magazine-mobile293120208.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1459588991.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1562323101.jpg

Nice log. I'm a new grower too and I found your info to be very helpful. I notice you are using LED's and your rapid growth is startling compaired to my 8 plants which are under one halide and one 300watt LED.

They look great Troy!

On the subject of your town's ban, who the heck uses higher than 1000W actual draw lights?!?! Never heard of anyone use over 1000W bulbs. Biggest LED I recall is something around 600-700W actual draw. As for banning stores, that is just stupid with the internet these days. It wont stop the people who want it, it will just mean their money goes to another place, not back into your town...

Nice log. I'm a new grower too and I found your info to be very helpful. I notice you are using LED's and your rapid growth is startling compaired to my 8 plants which are under one halide and one 300watt LED.

Welcome C Moon - It may have been that this (my first grow) I started with Clones and I probably left them in Veg 3 weeks too long. I was getting concerned when they went into Flower tent as they about doubled in size in 2 weeks.

I am learning that the cross type also has a lot to do with how they grow. What strain are you growing and how old are they?

They look great Troy!

On the subject of your town's ban, who the heck uses higher than 1000W actual draw lights?!?! Never heard of anyone use over 1000W bulbs. Biggest LED I recall is something around 600-700W actual draw. As for banning stores, that is just stupid with the internet these days. It wont stop the people who want it, it will just mean their money goes to another place, not back into your town...

Agree with ya - When I don't feel like going to one of my favorite dispensaries I have a local on-line dispensary with no store front that delivers in 15-20 minutes from when I place the order. The even accept credit cards via their IPhone.

Last year my city passed an ordinance that forbids people from smoking (including medical marijuana) in their own home if they are connected to another unit (Condos, Townhouses, Apartments, Duplex etc). They extended it to include not being able to smoke outside on the property of the complex unless a designated smoking area is designated. Again an ordinance that unenforceable.

Agree with ya - When I don't feel like going to one of my favorite dispensaries I have a local on-line dispensary with no store front that delivers in 15-20 minutes from when I place the order. The even accept credit cards via their IPhone.

Last year my city passed an ordinance that forbids people from smoking (including medical marijuana) in their own home if they are connected to another unit (Condos, Townhouses, Apartments, Duplex etc). They extended it to include not being able to smoke outside on the property of the complex unless a designated smoking area is designated. Again an ordinance that unenforceable.
Haha even when its going legal they waste their time and money fighting it?! Mental.
Still I'd rather that than just straight up going to jail like here haha .
Things are slowly changing a little though, for the first time ever one of our main political parties (not a front runner party, but have won in past, unlikely to again soon due to other fuck ups) had legalising weed in their manifest for the first time ever. I hold out hope we have a shot at having legal weed here in the next 5-10 yrs maybe. Or if not legal atleast have the cops not bother about it...
What I'd do to have a dispensary that delivers in 20 minutes . Sometimes I have to wait 6+ hours and then drive one and a half hours each way, just to get bud .
Enjoy the legality dude, grow some trees

Re: Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 20

What I'd do to have a dispensary that delivers in 20 minutes

great service - everything from nice top shelf bud to CBC dog treats. Only problem is the cost, most run about $340 US an ounce. Needless to say the main reason I grow is to eventually be able to produce enough for our needs - :passitleft:

Re: Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 20

great service - everything from nice top shelf bud to CBC dog treats. Only problem is the cost, most run about $340 US an ounce. Needless to say the main reason I grow is to eventually be able to produce enough for our needs - :passitleft:

I get my bud from a delivery service also. Not quite sure which local dispensaries there associated with, but it's always top quality. Can get Flower, edibles, shatter and all kinds of other stuff.

Always gets to me in about 20-25 minutes. Great prices as well.

It will be interesting to see how things go in California after Recreational use becomes legal. I know that most communities are banning delivery service for recreational - really stupid. I'll probably renew my Med card in November just to keep my options open.

Back
Top Bottom