Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

I think your right! Spend the first couple grows getting to know what you like, then dial it in to your preference after that!

Not so different than trying to find a lady! Lol

Usually I estimate 1/3 wet weight. I was unaware that those under LEDs lose less weight, that's rad!!

I would estimate 1/3 wet weight and let yourself be surprised!! Lol

Thanks Blazin - I put 1/3 into my spreadsheet to estimate. I agree that I would rather be surprised on the upside than the downside.
:goof::goof:

I also put the girls in 24-72 hours blackout. Don't know if it does anything but I am sure it won't do any damage. Good thing is with the main fan turned off and just running the small inline fan the humidity has increased inside the tent to 50% as opposed to ambient of 42% will make for a slower more controlled drying.

I think your right! Spend the first couple grows getting to know what you like, then dial it in to your preference after that!

Not so different than trying to find a lady! Lol

I've really learned a lot from this first grow with much appreciated help from my friends here at :420:

I really appreciate all the information you have passed on. :thanks:

I've really learned a lot from this first grow with much appreciated help from my friends here at :420:

I really appreciate all the information you have passed on. :thanks:
It's been a pleasure joining in on the last bit with you! In the last stretch now woo!

10/19 - 10 Weeks Flower today

More strategic pruning today. The first batch dried faster than I planned due to my exhaust line got disconnected accidentally.

Another batch of small branches came off this morning.

420-magazine-mobile350048522.jpg

420-magazine-mobile771366813.jpg

How sticky are your fingers? .

I'm using gloves but is incredible how much comes off. I used a razor blade to clean my trimming shears last night and got quite a bit of resin off - looks like hash as it was relatively hard and sticky.

I'm using gloves but is incredible how much comes off. I used a razor blade to clean my trimming shears last night and got quite a bit of resin off - looks like hash as it was relatively hard and sticky.
Hehe let us know how it smokes? That's some of the best hash money can't buy :3

Can't go wrong there,between that and just researching for your next run .

10/20 - the gradual harvest continues. Took off the ripe cola from Animal Cookies. Good size at 38 grams wet.

420-magazine-mobile1857534043.jpg

Trichs in this Cola are turning amber nicely.

420-magazine-mobile1606318142.jpg

Re: Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Wow, Troy your clearly good with the ladies, she's just dripping in resin for you ;D

I need to learn your ways damn those colors are beautiful

10/21

Well I cut another bud today. The Trich's are coming along nicely.

Animal Cookie bud weighed in at 25 g wet after trim. I have been washing the buds in water with a little lemon. After wash I'm hanging in drying closet.

420-magazine-mobile1715828896.jpg

Pictures of AC Bud PL 04 after trim

420-magazine-mobile2070557017.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2011745541.jpg

The closet is working well for the ones that went in yesterday. Temp 70F and humidity 50%.

420-magazine-mobile590566512.jpg

Re: Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Wow, Troy your clearly good with the ladies, she's just dripping in resin for you ;D

I need to learn your ways damn those colors are beautiful

Thanks BS - I'm learning so much from this first grow. While I love the complement, I have a feeling that the color is the results of the strains or adding the extra light. I noticed that right after adding the second 600w LED and shifting to full spectrum the dark purple started appearing.

Curing Bud

The bud that dried too quickly is in the jar. It re-hydrated quickly, probably too quickly as humidity shot up to 85%.

I gave her a big Belch (vs burp) and left lid off over night. She started to crisp up on outside so lid back on. She is looking better today at 63%. Will keep an eye on them to make sure the humidity doesn't shoot up.

420-magazine-mobile1494341020.jpg

That drying closet sounds perfect man! Love seeing your buds all trimmed up, they look primo! .

Looking good Troy. I'm playing the bouncing humidity game right now for one of my jars haha

That drying closet sounds perfect man! Love seeing your buds all trimmed up, they look primo! .

Thanks BS - It sure works better than my first attempt of trying to dry in my grow tent while the grow continues. I don't have any exhaust fan so you can smell them if near that bedroom. I think it will do fine until I do my full chop. My plans are eventually (sometime next week) to shut off the lights and use my grow tent as a drying tent.

I have to chop no later than about 10/23 to give me 4 weeks to dry and begin curing before I leave for South America on 11/23. I want to get them all jarred up and packed with Boveda 62% before I leave. They will be cured for about 2 months when I get back.

Back
Top Bottom