I am a new grower and need Help!

As far as I know, the only thing my carbon filter is doing is controlling the odor. It could play some roll in the humidity, but I am just guessing about that. You are not worried, about the smell, so I wouldn't worry about the filter. You can always add it later. Especially since you are tying to keep startup cost down. A fact I had missed earlier.

With the Hid most people start with MH for veg because the spectrum is better for veg and then switch bulb to the HPS for flower. Autos are just like regular plants in that respect. The only difference is you'll keep the autos light cycle at 18/6 the whole time, you'll just want to switch bulbs when the plant start to flower.

I have never used Attitude. I have gone through Singe Seed Centre two times and both times received my order within a week.

Since your on a budget, I would say no. Get yourself a thermometer/hygrometer, they are like $7 Once you get setup, you will then have an idea whether or not you even need one. I don't have one. If I need less humidity I'll just make a dehumidifier with some charcoal in a bucket.

I saw earlier you said you add molasses how much and for what purpose, also If hids are what you suggest if I get the filter inline fan combo on amazon will I need an additional inline or would the one it comes with be good?

I meant to answer this earlier and forgot :bong:;):)

I only use molasses in flower. I am using 1 Tablespoon/gallon. The sugar is supposed to give the plant extra energy and hopefully bigger buds. Make sure you use unsulfured molasses if you go that route. Grandma's is good and cheap:)

What do you mean you use it in flower and do I need drip trays (for the 3gl buckets) and also if The humidity is lower than what it is supposed to be can I just put a tray of water in the tent to help? And again I can't thank you enough for giving me your time and being patient!

I mean, I use the molasses as a booster when the plants are in their flowering stage.

Once a plant has popped out of the dirt and opened up it's leaves, it is focusing all of it's energy on growing the vegetative structure, leaves, branches, growing taller and wider. This is what we refer to as a plant in "Veg" during veg, the plant will begin to mature. The branches will begin to alternate and then the plant will start to show it's sex. to keep a pant in veg you need it give it more than 13 hours of light. There are several schools of thought of which light cycle is better. I wont get into that because it's a conversation that could go for ever. I veg my plants with the lights on for 18hours and off for 6. The plants seem to do a lot of their growing during lights out, so it makes sense to me to allow them that period. A lot of people will keep lights on 24hours a day for their entire veg cycle and have very good results doing so. Once you "Flip" the plants light cycle to 12/12 the plant will tell the plant it's time to produce and it goes into it "flower" stage.

Drip trays are good to have so you can keep your floor dry.

Hope this helps. I know it can be confusing. There is a lot of conflicting information out there, and usually they are all right. Read as many journals as you can and decide what works best for you.

I think your bucket of water is a good idea, maybe have a fan blow on it.

As far as cleaning your trays, you cant have too clean of a grow room. I just do it if they look dirty.

Under your 400 watt. Light with 3gl pots how much yield did you average per plant and how tall and how long from seed to harvest?

Well, I'm currently in my first grow still. We are on day 58 I believe. I think one will be ready to harvest next week, but I'm not sure. It's looking like I may get an oz or more dry per plat, which is why I am going to try larger pots for my second grow. Check out my first journal in the link below in my signature or this link will take you to the page with my latest update SweetLeef's 1st Ever Grow - Auto's & Photo's - TGA SuperSoil 2013-14 They are a little over 2" tall and pretty wide too. They're very pretty and I like them vey much:)

I haven never giving my girls anything except water. Until I stated to give them molasses once they started flowering. That is because I use TGA SUPERSOIL It's truthfully got everything a plant needs grow. I water once a week and that's it, man. It's pretty great stuff. No nutrients, no adjusting or worrying about the ph of the water, no reverse osmosis machine, or cal/mag. Just let a bucket of tap water sit over night and you are ready to water!

Could I use Water from a store like aquafina ect, and you said earlier you can buy the soil online right? And how many pounds would I need to fill 4 3-5gallon pot and after harvest can I re-use the soil or no

I think 1 5# bag would work. There may be a hydroponic store that carries the soil, although probably not. You can buy it straight from that link. it's $30 for a #5 bag. I think you maybe could reuse it, but you'd have to add nutes at that point I don't really know. I'm just going to buy a new bag for the next grow.

As for the water I'm not sure, but I think so.

I just fill up a bucket and let it sit open in my tent over night, then water the next day. If I am using molasses, I heat up a little water and dissolve the molasses into that, and then add it to the bucket right before I water.

Watering takes a while. I use a solo cup and do 1 or two cups of it poured very slowly over each plant. then I sit there for a while look at them, take a couple hits of the reefer. Then repeat until they are all starting to drip water out of the bottoms.

If you just pour the water on real fast, it'll go strait to the bottom and out of the drain holes and not really saturate the soil and get to the roots. you want to make sure you get all of the soil wet, without drowning them, and then you want to wait until the plants are super light and the soil is very dry.

You don't want the plant to wither at all, but a little drooping wont hurt. In fact it'll actually help. They like it to get a little dry. It allows the roots to get oxygen.

Ok ya if they only really need watering once a week that's no problem, thanks a lot man I really appreciate you helping make this as easy as possible for me! If I have any more questions or when I start the grow I'll keep updating!

Back
Top Bottom