I have mites on my plants. How do i get rid of?

LostanDazed

Ok so i have these little mites on my plants. i have 2 plants left. the mites killed my third one already. i think there spider mites. how do i get rid of them?? i know its the mites killing them because the budding...which started last week...turned black/brown and died. i didnt post a pic because the mites are obviously too small 4 my camera to see. give me some ideas to get rid of them please?? btw a way to get rid of them without pesticides would be great.

Re: I have mites on my plants...how do i get rid of??

Try a neem oil based pesticide, or similar spray thats good for consumables. Should help out anyway. i just discovered thrips the other day and got some stuff at home depot called rose Rx 3-in-1. its made from neem seed oil, So Im hoping it does the trick. I should know in a couple days. Good luck, hope it helps.

Re: I have mites on my plants...how do i get rid of?

Ok so i have these little mites on my plants. i have 2 plants left. the mites killed my third one already. i think there spider mites. how do i get rid of them?? i know its the mites killing them because the budding...which started last week...turned black/brown and died. i didnt post a pic because the mites are obviously too small 4 my camera to see. give me some ideas to get rid of them please?? btw a way to get rid of them without pesticides would be great.

Here's a good resource for using neem oil:

Neem Oil As Organic Insecticide | Neem Oil

Organic Insecticide: How to Apply:

Mix 70% Neem Oil at the rate of 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) per gallon of water.

Thoroughly mix solution and spray all plant surfaces (including undersides of leaves) until completely wet.

Organic Insecticide: When to Apply:

When applied as a preventative, neem oil should be applied on a 7 to 14 day schedule, say the manufacturers of 70% Neem Oil.

To control a pest or disease already present, they recommend an application of neem oil on a 7 day schedule.

100% total death to mites and eggs.....and they are a sponsor of 420 Magazine!

SNS 217 MITE SPRAY

hey lostandazed, if you said your 1 week in to flower you would be ok to use the neem,
neem dose work but i would not use it if you are close to harvest, the taste in your product that neem leaves behind if not flushed out completely is messed up, a lot of people here use the hot shot pest strips sold at home depot and most all other stores for a bout 7 bucks with tax, go to the grow room here and check out the problem pest & disease control section very good info.

Hot shot is a pesticide. Read the label. Neem seems to be the growers choice.

i tried SNS 217 MITE SPRAY
last time i had mites and was 4 weeks into flower got rid of the mites and smelled nice
Wink

Something to keep in mind is spider mites develop a tolerance to pesticides quickly, so they recommended not using any spray more than twice before changing up types of spray. I just read an article in Maximum Yield.
:goodluck:

1:1 RUBBING ALCOHOL/water.Hey gman turn off the cap lock.ok ok .worked great for me.3 weeks in 12/12 .but i wouldent advize after 4 weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom