Spider mites

you should post a pic if you can, azamax should be killin just about any bug you should have. make sure you are mixing it at the right dose and applying it correctly. im pretty sure azamax takes a few weeks to build up as well so keep applying it. you may not see results for 2-3 weeks

a good alternative is kneem soap or rubbing alcohol spray, or the bugs

i used spinosad, it worked ok. foggers are ok not to effective, neem will def do the trick. search the web, there are tons of products out there. if ya cant rid yourself of them, then try to control them.

I've had spider mites and got rid of them with neem oil mix with dish soap. Used toothpicks to clear out webbings under leaves/branchs. took about 2 weeks and sprayed them in my tub "Spaying under leafs imporant." keep it in the tub till the spay drys. Tilt plant and spray them one more time in the tub with water. Make sure to shake the plant of excess water befor putting back in growroom.

Azamax does work, and its derived from the Neem tree. It works by starving the spider mites out, and screwing up any eggs that are already laid. It is not a harsh insecticide, so you won't get an instant kill, but it is much safer for you and your plants. Be sure to spray under the leaves, and spray the soil too. Also, hang a few fly strips as close to the plant as possible(I use plant stakes and get it right next to the stalk if I get mites). It can take a week or more for Azamax to kill off all the mites. Pick the webs out with something small, and stick with it, you can get rid of them. If not, Lady Bugs work great at controlling them, and you can buy them cheap. Homey De-Pot sells them, $20 for a 1 cup bag.

cool thanks guys i'm thinking on getting some.. do you think it works better then a homemade water/oil/soap mix?

I think the dish soap/oil concoction works for a quicker kill, but seems a little more drastic to me than neem oil treatments, which work best when applied as a pre-treatment. I spray once toward the end of veg, and once or twice during flowering, depending on how long the plant will be there, etc. I try to make sure the plant will have at least 10-15 days of bloom, plus the flush time after the last neem treatment. The easiest way to deal with them is to prevent them. Spider mites don't travel around on there own that much, you usually have to bring them to the plant. I at least change clothes before messing with my plants, even taking a shower first if I was out in the yard, or around a lot of plants or something. I also limit who gets to visit the girls, and tell them the same thing, change you clothes first before you come over, it is in everyones best interest. Sounds paranoid, but I hate dealing with insects and disease.

If you want a boost, take your plant into the shower like AkStickyIcky said, and hose them little dudes off. If you rinse off as many spider mites as possible, it should speed the process. Just make sure the leaves are dry before you stick her back under the light.
Either way, the Neem and flypaper will do the trick too, if you get impatient hosing them off helps.

Good Luck

there prob 4 weeks or so in flower an the getting weirs idk what to do....if i stop for a mounth will thay die an not come back or what?

Ive been fighting an indoor mite infestation for 'bout 3 weeks...I'm just now turnin the corner as far as gettin a handle on the situation. It is my first real bug attack and it has truly been one hell of a fight. The grow room-waged battle ground is littered with dead plants, dead bugs and a few holes in the grow room walls where Ive thrown a hatchet at the remaining survivors trying to escape. I believe God made tornados to minimize the moblile home population and in the same, gave us spider mites simply to drive growers crazy...

When I first discovered I had mites, my combat arsenal consisted of a bottle of Neem Oil, a bottle of Malathion (a relatively mild pesticide which breaks down quickly when used on garden vegatables etc), dish soap and a half ass and severely scratched magnifying glass I think used to belong to my Grandma. My arsonal was based on my indoor growing days of the 70's and except for the Neem which wasnt around in those days, the Malathion/dish soap mix worked fine. I thought I was prepared for any outbreak. Wrong...

3 weeks into the bug battle, my understanding, knowledge and most important, my weapons to eradicate have increased exponentially. Ive spent countless hours researching my without a doubt, more than worthy opponent. Perhaps "relentless" is a better description. My weapons of mass destruction now include household bleach,Neem Oil, Safers Insecticide Soap, SM90, Azamax, Avid, Dr Doom bug bombs, a very powerful 3 gallon professional series pump sprayer and finally, an LED lighted 30x100 magifying scope capable of counting every hair on a gnats ass from 100 ft away. Equally important, I now have a regular inspection, maintenance and prevention schedule/program I lovingly titled "Death From Above" to put down any and all spider mite revolts/uprisings as they may occur.

Here's some of what Ive learned: Depending on your region, you may have one of several species of spider mite. Red spider mites or the dreaded Borg version which is called the 2 Spotted spider mite are the 2 most common. Lucky me, I have/had the Borg-2 Spotted version...The reason I refer to the 2 Spotted as the Borg version is because if you listen closely, you can hear tiny voices whispering, "[I]Resistance is futile, resistance is futile..."

I also say dreaded because while the Red's are relatively easy to eradicate (so they say) and though Ive never had the opportunity to lay these guys to waste, the 2 Spotted, based on frontline personal experience, can reduce even the strongest willed grower to a babbling idiot, a hopeless and weeping child with a water can, or a raging tyrant who finds himself on line googling websites in hopes of purchasing Naplam or perhaps even better, Agent Orange because by this point, simple death for the little bastards isnt good enough. Yes, you want them to die, but after 3 weeks of constant battle, you now envision the Hiroshima effect, complete with utter devastation. In my case, I wanted to see badly burned bodies and hear tiny little bug screams as the little shits ingested lethal doses of Agent Orange and then, just like in days of yore, when the little punkasses would come to me and claim they werent feeling well, I could use an old government trick I had learned by denying any involvement. Hey, it worked once. But I digress...

Discovery, under-estimation and finally, "Blue Fox leader to Red Weasel, Blue Fox leader to Red Weasel, commence your run. Nothing gets out alive..." To be continued...:peace:MF

Footnote: After little consideration and even less ado, Ive decided to move this post to the Problems, Pests And Disease catagory for all to read, learn from or simply dismiss entirely as the ramblings of a grower who has possibly injested too much of his own bug killing remedies..Captains Log- Star Date 09/29-The Borg/Bug Wars

Back
Top Bottom