Ice probe chillers? Worth it

Lorha1159

420 Member
anyone using ice probe chillers? I have a single 5gal dwc bucket i grow in. its in a 2x2.5 tent in my uninsulated detached garage. Live in SE VA near the ocean. Gets hot as hell and more humidity than you can cut through lol. Have a window unit plumbed into the tent which end of last summer when i first started kept the air temps ok but not so much the water. I generally run 3 to 3.5 gal of water in my bucket when my air gap is right. Just wondering if a probe will get my water under 72F when its 80F plus outside( tent will stay in low 70s with ac unit). Seeing as they are pricey, dont wanna waste un-needed money. Thanks!

Yes, it can be a game changing for running DWC during the summer.

For a 5 gallon bucket or less than 4 gallons of solution it will reduce the temps about 6 to 8 degrees and no more.
I have one of these and tried it last summer, and it helped a lot. I used it in one of my journals, it me see if I can located it.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok.. :bong:

edit: Take a look at this Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog

Yes, it can be a game changing for running DWC during the summer.

For a 5 gallon bucket or less than 4 gallons of solution it will reduce the temps about 6 to 8 degrees and no more.
I have one of these and tried it last summer, and it helped a lot. I used it in one of my journals, it me see if I can located it.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok.. :bong:

edit: Take a look at this Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog
I have seen in one of your journals where you used one. Been searching for that thread,just haven't found it yet. Thanks for the info on the temp drops. I have a 1/3 hp chiller I bought off marketplace but it's a bit much for a 5 gal bucket lol. Too good a deal not to buy to just have in case

You will be fine.
The most important thing is drill the hole the proper size.
Thanks for all your help! Works been retarded busy and haven't had much forum time. Got the chiller installed. Works phenomenal. I had 58 degree water with an ambient of 90s in my garage.

I have a window unit that I made duct work to pump the ac straight in my tent. When I point the duct on the heat sink of the chiller it's like it superchargered lol. I'll post some pics when I can.

Again thanks for all u do and the detail u go into.

Back
Top Bottom