IllVibe's - Indoor - Hydro - ScrOG - Grow Journal - 2015

I know I'm late to the party but i subbed. This grow looks good and following it will help me kill the time til i can start my next one. Great job so far, keep it up, man.

Welcome to the party Lazarus!

And hello everyone! Happy new year to everyone, I hope it was great all around! It's been a bit since my last post, but rest assured the ladies are doing fine! We're heading out of Week 6 of flowering, with about 3 more to go before a week to flush, and then harvest! The buds are looking nice, even under my light - which is fine for my needs, but when it comes to lights bigger is better.
The canopy has formed nicely - we're using green gardening tape to LST the plants, keeping any lanky colas down and the canopy relatively flat. Roots are looking healthy with no sign of root rot, no signs of pests or mold either. Our humidity has held in the low 50%'s to high 40%'s, and temperature has been fluctuating between 69 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

*NOTE*
I'm doing research on the best pruning techniques toward late flowering, but I haven't found a consensus yet. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know! Thanks!

Full Canopy!

Crystal

Bubblelicious

THAT BUUUD THO!

I've noticed over our grow that our pre-flower trimming was probably insufficient and is leading to a lower yield than I'd like. In my next batch I'll have full control over the plants and will be able to prune a little more efficiently than this grow. That being said, I'm pretty happy with the state of our buds right now
:rollit:
I'm ready to update the lights too. I'm hoping to get some LED's in there, hopefully some US made panels that actually perform as advertised. I've noticed a TON of misinformation floating around about LED's, so I'm making sure the ones I get are legitimate and have the correct real wattage, spectrum, and lumen output.

With harvest in sight, I've been thinking more about the next crop. I'm underwhelmed with the yield we're going to achieve with this grow. Something has to change, so I'm investing in an LED. I want something a little less $$ but still killer where it counts, so I'm going with a MarsII 900 from Mars Hydro, and I'm sure that's a name most of you green-thumbs have heard. The light runs on about 390 watts, but is advertised as comparable to a 450 watt HID. I've done my hw on LED manufacturers and I trust Mars Hydro to provide me with a quality, budget LED. In any case, this light will significantly increase light in my tent from the 250 watt cfl I'm using now. The cfl just isn't cutting it, can barely flower these plants right now.

I'm also condensing the two plants into a single bucket to simplify the system. One large reservoir will be easier to maintain than two smaller ones when it comes to cleaning and adjusting PPM and PH. I'm thinking Rubbermaid res.

Sup erbody. Just a lil update:

- New LED panel is on the way! Be here in two days, but I won't be using it until the next grow to keep everything constant in this one for better comparability.
- Got two C-Vaults coming in tomorrow so I'm ready to dry and cure. Should be a couple more weeks until harvest time.

And now for the pics, buds for all, and all for buds, you feel me?

Crystal trichomes are lookin gooood, still pretty clear though, waiting for some amber to start showin up.

Mo' bigga buds as harvest comes up. Hoping to start a flush week in the next three to five days!

Good photo of stressed leaves here below the light, which I chalked up as either Zinc or Iron deficiency. In any case the nutes were changed no new leaves have shown stress signs.

Hokay! --

So, I harvested about 2 weeks ago and have since trimmed and dried the bud from the Bubblelicious, which is now a few days into curing (my roommate has taken care of everything with the Chrystal). Keeping in mind I only used a 250 watt cfl (contrary to the 300w that the thread title claims) for the entire grow, I came out with about 17 grams of trimmed, dry bud. This is definitely not an optimal yield, but understandable given the poor lighting and overcrowding from the larger Chrystal.

I guess this ends my grow, a big Thank You to everyone who followed for this whole time!! I'm just happy I got to contribute to the collective knowledge here.

Ill post some nugs shots in a week or so for anyone interested. Smells amazing and sweet and I can't wait to load up a bowl of it :bong:

Also let me please direct you to my next grow, which I hope will really outperform this one: CLICK HERE

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom