IllVibe's - Indoor - Hydro - ScrOG - Grow Journal - 2015

High Illvibes.

Great little setup. I use fencing wire for my screens. Can suspend from the ceiling or support with poles. Nice and stiff with big holes and very light. If you now a farmer type or someone who has a fence for sheep or the like beg, borrow or steal some off them. No frame needed and it can "float" so you can move it up easy as the plant grows. I posted good pics and explanation of it in my thread on THIS PAGE.

That ppm for a seedling is about twice what I start rooted clones with but if the babies are liking it them they should grow as fast as possible. It looks like it's loving it so far. :thumb:

L8r

You can cut the nutrients by half of what is recommended and be fine. You can't buy more nutrients if you don't use them up marketing don't you know. Lol. Seriously that is pretty hot for a seedling. I've attached a reference chart showing what nutrients are taken in at which ph. The sweet spot being 5.8 Good luck.

This chart says it all! Glad that you came across my journal, I love info like this! Thanks rifleman

High Illvibes.

Great little setup. I use fencing wire for my screens. Can suspend from the ceiling or support with poles. Nice and stiff with big holes and very light. If you now a farmer type or someone who has a fence for sheep or the like beg, borrow or steal some off them. No frame needed and it can "float" so you can move it up easy as the plant grows. I posted good pics and explanation of it in my thread on THIS PAGE.

That ppm for a seedling is about twice what I start rooted clones with but if the babies are liking it them they should grow as fast as possible. It looks like it's loving it so far. :thumb:

L8r

Hey oldmed, thanks for the screen advice, I'll check out your thread. Yeah haha, they seem to be liking that ppm, but it's good to know that I could do well with lower. So far so good I guess!

Update Pics

Bubblelicious (1 week, 3 days) 3rd set of serrated are coming in. Will be topping at the 5th set.
IMG_117929.JPG

Crystal (1 week, 1 day)
IMG_118032.JPG

Update!

Hey guys. Just got back from a trip and the ladies have grown so much! The Bubblelicious is actually ready to top!!! I'm stoked but scared because I've never topped before and I want to do it right. Read a lot and watched a lot of videos though, so I'm pretty confident. Here's a picture of each, both ~2 weeks in now.

Bubblelicious
(I noticed the serrated leaves curling up around the edges of the leaves, a common indicator of heat stress. However, the air temp in my tent has been around 69-75 degrees Fahrenheit, which should be cool enough, right? Let me know what you guys think.)
11-01-15_Bubblelicious.JPG

Crystal
11-01-15_Crystal.JPG

Bubbs is showing more signs of stress. Over the weekend while I was away visiting my girlfriend, my roommates held our annual Halloween party and the water pump for the Bubblelicious came mysteriously unplugged... It could have been unplugged for up to 20 hours, so I think the roots dried out a bit. :lot-o-toke: I've had the water flowing since I got back and the leaves don't show increasing signs of stress since this photo.
11-02-15_Bubblelicious.jpg

I LOVE PICTURES!!! Here's a couple more for everyone else who love em too!

Bubbs' new growth after topping. Two mains on the way!
11-03_Bubbs.jpg

Full view of grow for reference. Crystal (left). Bubblelicious (right). 11/3/15, 2 weeks 4 days
11-03_Full.jpg

UPDATE

Officially 3 weeks into grow. I did a res clean today, got some fresh nutes and water in - PPM is 1170 and PH is about 6.1. While we were changing the water and adding nutrients the PH dropped to 3.2-5.3 for about a half hour until I got it adjusted, but I think the shock to the plants will be minimal. The Crystal is topped now as well, and the two new main stems on the Bubblelicious are slowly stretching.

Bubblelicious mains growing
IMG_122335.JPG

Full grow
IMG_122427.JPG

PHOTO UPDATE 11/9/2015

Bubblelicious, lower branches are catching up to the canopy thanks to topping. I'm debating topping a second time to keep the plant as low as possible and increase canopy surface area. Added 4ml of Hydroguard, after cleaning the reservoir I thought I saw some signs of root rot, and since my reservoir temps are higher than I want (75-83 degrees F) I decided to test it out. Seems to be working wonders, all signs of browning in the roots are gone, and they have returned to a flossy white.

Crystal is doing really well also! Topped a little after Bubbs, so she's not quite as filled-out yet. Given a few more days she should be looking good, I can already see her lower branches stretching up towards the canopy.

PHOTO UPDATE 11/13/2015

The grow is still looking very good! I've been LSTing Bubbs for a few days now, and she is responding well so far (pics below). My roommate is supposed to be using the Crystal as a learning experience, but he's slacking and hasn't started her on LST.... I'll get that sorted soon, though. :grinjoint:

Full Grow

Bubs top view. The LST has her in a domed shape at the moment.

Bubs LST View

Crystal, no LST yet...

PHOTO UPDATE 11/16/15

Just another photo update for anyone following the grow! Bubbs is taking to the LST very well! I've pruned some of the lower fan leaves, which were covered by the canopy and a bit burned anyway. She has shown no signs of stress and is growing at a steady pace. The Crystal is also looking good. It has less LST than Bubbs, but it's staying pretty low. I have to get the roomie to LST a bit more on her though. Here's some pics!

Bubbs!!

Crystal

Full grow for comparison

PHOTO UPDATE 11/21/15

A few more photos for you all. The Bubblelicious is staying low and full, I'm training her main colas to grow horizontally in order to fill in the canopy as she grows more. I've added a photo of the Bubblelicious LST below. Two days ago I topped the plants for the second and last time during this grow. I was originally going to top once but I decided to see how much bud I can squeeze out with the second top, plus it'll keep the plants a little lower. The Crystal is a bit lankier than Bubbs, so she's reaching above the net already. We also hit 5 weeks into the grow last night, and I'm contemplating switching to 12/12 in about a week. We still have an 8-10 week flowering period, so I do want to make sure there's still room for the plants to grow during that time.

Bubblelicious

Crystal

Bubbs LST

Full Grow

Photo Update 12/1/2015

Hello all and happy holidays! Hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving had a wonderful one! Here's the latest update! The reservoirs were cleaned out and refilled yesterday with fresh nutes. We began 12/12 on the 11/22, so they've been in bloom for about 10 days now. Check the bud sites on the ladies! After topping twice we're in the double digits for bud sites on each!! Everything seems to be going well.

Full Grow

Crystal closer

Bubblelicious closer

Alright! Getting close to week 3 of flowering. Both plants are progressing nicely, and the net is doing a great job evening out the canopy so far.
Nutrient Solution I'm using the Kind nutrient system by Botanicare (synthetic but I'm moving into organic soon enough here).Anyways I just switched the nutes for full bloom, so flowering will hopefully really take off now. I added about 4-5ml of Hydroguard also, just to be proactive about root health. Solution PH is averaging about 5.8, and solution temperature has been in the mid 70's.
Pruning I've been pruning the Bubblelicious (the Crystal is up to the discretion of my roommate). I removed many of the lower fan leaves that are obviously going to be lost beneath the canopy. The same goes for the lower bud sites, because they'll only waste energy that could otherwise be used on buds with direct light.

Here's some pictures, Bubbs is on the right, and Crystal on the left.

Full Grow, Canopy

Full Grow, Lower View

Crystal, favorite bud site

Bubblelicous, favorite bud site

Back
Top Bottom