IllVibe's - Indoor - Hydro - ScrOG - Grow Journal - 2015

illvibes

What's up guys, I'm heading into my second grow, and my first recreational grow now that Oregon has gone a greener route. I got a lot of help reading grow journals while setting up for this, so I figured I'd start my own just in case it could be useful to another newbie in the future.

A little info on my grow:

- This is a two plant hydroponic grow. Using two 3.5 gal buckets, and is a mix of a drip and deep water culture.
- I'm working with a low space, so I'm going for a ScrOG grow. I'll be topping twice to split the main cola, and use LST to keep the plants under control and from being burned by the light.
- The strain isn't chosen yet, will update in a couple days when the OR dispensaries open up for recreation and I can grab a couple legit seeds. Most likely will be a short, bushy Indica of some type.
- 400W CFL

I'm still setting everything up, but I'll post some pictures and keep this journal updated as we go. We should have seeds germinated and in their buckets by this weekend!

Looking forward to a solid grow! Feedback is always welcome. :thumb::thanks:

I put this list together for my own quick reference, it's just some info I gathered through research and tips. Feel free to comment if you have any suggestions.

Humidity Range
- Seedling: 70% - 80%
- Veg: 50% - 80%
- Flower: 40% - 50%

Temperature
- Seedling: 68 - 77 F
- Mature: 68 - 82 F

Solution PH
- 5.3 - 6.5 is good
- 5.5 - 5.8 is great

Veg for about 4-5 weeks
Flower for about 6 to 8 weeks, height will be main growth constraint.

I put this list together for my own quick reference, it's just some info I gathered through research and tips. Feel free to comment if you have any suggestions.

Humidity Range
- Seedling: 70% - 80%
- Veg: 50% - 80%
- Flower: 40% - 50%

Temperature
- Seedling: 68 - 77 F
- Mature: 68 - 82 F

Solution PH
- 5.3 - 6.5 is good
- 5.5 - 5.8 is great

Veg for about 4-5 weeks
Flower for about 6 to 8 weeks, height will be main growth constraint.

Most strains take 9-11 weeks to mature. I would not cut anything down in 6-8 weeks. That could greatly effect yield if you pull them too early, the last 2 or 3 weeks is when the buds pack on their weight. Good luck with the grow and I hope you get some good seeds

Most strains take 9-11 weeks to mature. I would not cut anything down in 6-8 weeks. That could greatly effect yield if you pull them too early, the last 2 or 3 weeks is when the buds pack on their weight. Good luck with the grow and I hope you get some good seeds

Thanks for the advice! ill factor this into the grow

image110018.JPG

QUICK UPDATE

Waiting on seeds to arrive!

Here's what I bought:

- Bubblelicious (fem)
- Hybrid, pred. Indica
- Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks

Should be perfect for the small space. Just waiting for those seeds now, what to do :volcano-smiley:

QUICK UPDATE

Waiting on seeds to arrive!

Here's what I bought:

- Bubblelicious (fem)
- Hybrid, pred. Indica
- Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks

Should be perfect for the small space. Just waiting for those seeds now, what to do :volcano-smiley:

Nice set up you got, it's almost like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid isn't it? The excitement of getting your plants started :) I was so excited when I got my tent and lights, I set it all up the same day and rushed over to the clone shop. Hope you get those seeds soon so we can start growing some sweet sweet cheba!

Nice set up you got, it's almost like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid isn't it? The excitement of getting your plants started :) I was so excited when I got my tent and lights, I set it all up the same day and rushed over to the clone shop. Hope you get those seeds soon so we can start growing some sweet sweet cheba!

It really is! All I've been thinking about is the day I germinate those seeds and get them sprouting. They've shipped so hopefully they'll get here in the next week or so.

It really is! All I've been thinking about is the day I germinate those seeds and get them sprouting. They've shipped so hopefully they'll get here in the next week or so.

Every harvest day will be just as exciting too! I normally have a hard time sleeping the day before harvest :) scrog is good to keep the stretch down in a small space. You are on the right track :thumb: I made a really awesome scrog at home depot it only cost about 7$ total. 1/2 pvc pipe (they have a cutting station in the store) 4 corner pieces and some string. The only tool you will need is a drill to put the string in the pvc pipe. I went cheap on my first few grows and just tied string around my tent posts then made a net with it.. string tied to string does not hold very well. Had buds falling over a and branches moving the net. It's best to make something more solid. Plus it will give you something to do while waiting on your seeds :) I can post a pic of the net frame I made if you would like.

Every harvest day will be just as exciting too! I normally have a hard time sleeping the day before harvest :) scrog is good to keep the stretch down in a small space. You are on the right track :thumb: I made a really awesome scrog at home depot it only cost about 7$ total. 1/2 pvc pipe (they have a cutting station in the store) 4 corner pieces and some string. The only tool you will need is a drill to put the string in the pvc pipe. I went cheap on my first few grows and just tied string around my tent posts then made a net with it.. string tied to string does not hold very well. Had buds falling over a and branches moving the net. It's best to make something more solid. Plus it will give you something to do while waiting on your seeds :) I can post a pic of the net frame I made if you would like.

I was thinking about that, the net is pretty flimsy as it is right now. At my local hydroponic shop I saw that they had pre constructed nylon netting, would that work better than my string diy?

Also yes! That's be great if you could post a picture of your frame!

I think the net from the hydro store would definitely be better than the string tied to string. I did it the same way you did the first 3 grows and I got very frustrated with the string sliding around. So this is the frame I made, it has no legs yet because I am waiting to see the size of the pot and the plant I will be using with it. Once I got my measurements I'll just cut some pipe for the legs, drill the holes for the string and it's done. Like I said around 7$ at home depot for something that hydroponic stores and websites sell for 30-40$:thumb:
Two 1/2 pvc pipes cut to your size and four 3 way corner pieces.
20150913_122913.jpg

Speak of the devil, guess what the mail man just dropped off?? SEEDS! I've got 5 Bubblelicious feminized seeds, with an extra 10 seeds that are random in strain and sex, which I got free with my purchase. I'm SO STOKED because this means that today I can start germinating and in a couple days I can throw that sucker in some rock wool and get the hydroponics going!

Here's some pics even thought they're just some avg seeds, I'm just too stoked not to share! :circle-of-love:

IMG_117022.JPG

ALRIGHT! The seeds are germinated and in their buckets!! I'll post pictures as soon as they sprout from their lil dark homes.

Ok, I do need some feedback here, so please Read and Help!
- Put distilled water in the buckets (2 gal) and added nutes according to the Botanicare nutrient calculator (Using KIND nutrient mix).
- PH is testing at 5.53, near perfect.
- PPM tested at 397 before adding PH mix. HOWEVER, the Botinicare calculator calls for a PPM of approximately 630 after the nutrients are in. I put in the correct mL, so why is the PPM off? Is this a large issue?
- One more question: The Botanicare nutrient calculator calls for different nutrient concentrations some weeks. What's a good system for adding these nutrients to the mix?

Thanks guys and gals, I'll update as soon as anything neat happens.

**Edit
Just added more nutrients to get the correct PPM in the water after doing some thinking. The total PPM for nutes is around 542, so it's a bit better now.

pH_chart71.jpeg

You can cut the nutrients by half of what is recommended and be fine. You can't buy more nutrients if you don't use them up marketing don't you know. Lol. Seriously that is pretty hot for a seedling. I've attached a reference chart showing what nutrients are taken in at which ph. The sweet spot being 5.8 Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom