Thew1sest's First Closet Hydro, SCROG, CFL Journal

New High quality pics should be up on Tues, or Wed. from the camera. Arrives Tuesday. Here's sneak peak.

Flower Day 53

110409_145825.jpg

110409_150110.jpg

Ok so the camera will not be showing up till sometime next week, that's perfect though, about a week before scheduled harvest in the 65-70 day range. Going for a half amber trichome development before the chop. Plus a 3 day dark time. Ok here's a few pics, better quality than before of the budzz on day 50 of flowering. The buds are startin to pull some branches down due to the weight, so had to prop her up with thin wire coat hanger. Everything else is just great. Low humidity, she's starting to drop leaves and turn them yellow, but no biggie, the buds still look great. Awesome resin development as well.

Here's a few pics, ta da... :cool:

*Excuse the "yellowing" of the photo, the lights from the box caused a bit of yellow tint to plant in the pics. Thanks for stopping by! Updates and some real closeups probably sometime next week. Another busy weekend, trying to stick it to the man...

budz23.jpg

budzz.jpg

Stay thirsty my friends. ;)

Looks like Bud-Kabobs! Nice!

So this is flower day 60-ish then? They are gonna swell even more over the next week too. I def. want to see the before and after pics of that dark period as I'm thinking of a 2-3 day dark period as well.

Great job man, you are gonna have some nice smoke!

Actually Flower day 51, I'm going to start the flush around 10% amber trichs, I've seen the 3 day dark periods and I figured what the hell, why not right? So I toned it down a bit on the last feeding, mostly RO water, the real flush begins when the trichs tell me. Bring the swelll on, those little "popcorn budz" are getting some weight to em. Thanks for the love

Looking great w1sest! Looks like we're at a similar stage - I'm wanting to grow Trainwreck eventually, so I'm anxious to see how she ends up. Seriously nice buddage my friend! :thumb:

Actually Flower day 51, I'm going to start the flush around 10% amber trichs, I've seen the 3 day dark periods and I figured what the hell, why not right? So I toned it down a bit on the last feeding, mostly RO water, the real flush begins when the trichs tell me. Bring the swelll on, those little "popcorn budz" are getting some weight to em. Thanks for the love

Looking great, W1sest! :welldone:

FYI...I've heard mixed things about a pre-harvest dark period, so I'm anxious to see how it turns out. I do hear the chances of mold go up, so just be careful and keep an eye on RH! :goodluck:

Looking great, W1sest! :welldone:

FYI...I've heard mixed things about a pre-harvest dark period, so I'm anxious to see how it turns out. I do hear the chances of mold go up, so just be careful and keep an eye on RH! :goodluck:

Yeah I'll make sure the RH and temps are just fine for the dark period, mold hasn't been an issue whatsoever so well see, as long as the Res temps stay fairly consistent it'll be in great shape. The buds are swelling and it is awesome to watch them progress toward the end of it's life. I've heard mixed things about the dark period as well, but I've never done it first hand, so I have to find out for myself. Worst case scenario I twist it up and smoke it anyways ;) Thanks again guys and gals for checkin in. I'm thinkin indica for my next strain.

Any ideas on how I should grow it, ScrOG, LST, around the bucket? I'm open to all ways, I think it's half the fun experimenting and implementing new techniques to the old knowledge bin.

:Namaste:

Here we go again, Sorry about the last flower date, Today is Day 55 Flower almost end of week 8, barely any of the trichs are amber so I'm still going to let this girl keep going. Here's a few pics, the buds are swelling up, and resin glands are allll over. Shooting for a harvest day around Day 63 days

Photo04181535.jpg

And some LST action...
Photo04181535_1_1_.jpg

Here we go again, Sorry about the last flower date, Today is Day 55 Flower almost end of week 8, barely any of the trichs are amber so I'm still going to let this girl keep going. Here's a few pics, the buds are swelling up, and resin glands are allll over. Shooting for a harvest day around Day 63 days

Photo04181535.jpg

And some LST action...
Photo04181535_1_1_.jpg

Looking good man!!:high-five::high-five:Got some nice meds to smoke soon, can't wait to see the harvest report. I am digging the little CFL box too I think I may make one for vegging special strains.:cheer::cheer:

Way to be patient - I'd definitely wait 'til she's good and ready. Looking good - nice lst.

I hear you, the worst thing I can do now is harvest too early. It seems it's the number one mistake most newer growers make. So, I'm going to let the plant let me know when shes given it her all... Instead of me... because God knows I would smoke that whole thing right now.
:cool:

On a side note I'm seeing roughly 5% amber, with some cloudy and clear trichomes, so we'll begin the flush shortly. Going to used RO water, no flushing solution. Possibly tap water that has the Magnesium Chloride (The main Chlorine in tap water) evaporated out, than PH'd to 5.5

Still looking beautiful, W1sest! :goodjob:

With DWC, I'd recommend LST, supercropping & topping. Either alone or any combination of the three.

I find SCROG is tough with DWC since you basically have to fix the net to the top of the bucket if you ever want to be able to move the plant for res changes, etc. It would be easier with recirculating DWC since you change the nutes in the master res and not the individual res's.

Hey there, looking real good :thumb:

I agree with you on waiting... we non-commercial growers have one thing going for us, time. I like the idea of having it, gives us just that much more room to maximize our personal grow potential the best we can :)

I agree with Mr K on LST for the "easier" factor alone. I would have had a hell of a time with a SCROG even in soil :rofl: I am sold on LST!

I wish I could grow one plant outside and try LSTing on it... could you imagine a 10'X10' square of canopy off one plant??? I must be high right now...:lot-o-toke:

Great job man!

Thanks for the love guys, LST has by far benefited my style of growing. With a ScrOG and DWC the net will be in place locking the canopy in place as well as the plant and lid of the bucket... however there's a simple solution when running a bubble bucket, I put an old "milk crate" type thing under so when you wish to remove the lid, you pull the crate out from under the bucket and lower the bucket down while everything remains in place. Leaving you about a foot of room under the bottom of the bucket. But I think I'm just going to stick to LST for the next go and veg it a bit longer maybe 5 or 6 weeks just for fun. Thanks again everyone!

Hey there, looking real good :thumb:

I agree with you on waiting... we non-commercial growers have one thing going for us, time. I like the idea of having it, gives us just that much more room to maximize our personal grow potential the best we can :)

I agree with Mr K on LST for the "easier" factor alone. I would have had a hell of a time with a SCROG even in soil :rofl: I am sold on LST!

I wish I could grow one plant outside and try LSTing on it... could you imagine a 10'X10' square of canopy off one plant??? I must be high right now...:lot-o-toke:

Great job man!

Holy crap, I cant even imagine an outdoor plant with LST, I'm not sure how it would work but sounds rad!!! :surf:

Back
Top Bottom