Matticusss Hydro Big Bang AF Grow Journal 2015

ok so here are the pics as promised

plant_1_pt_2.jpg

plant_2_part_2.jpg

ok so went out to eat with the wife and go gamble for a little while. when we came back oh man did we have a nice surprise! So the runt that hasn't sprouted yet, the one that didn't even fully germinate, it has sprouted and shot up faster and better than the middle child. so now all three babies are looking great heres the pics

update_3p2.jpg

update_3_pt3.jpg

update_3_p1.jpg

Very nice sprouting!
Ha! You live in Las Vegas, the desert city. That's cool IMO

About growing in a confined space like a box, don't let the plants grow naturally. I personally use Low Stress Training but SCROG is cool too

At your hydroshop get up a bottle of Aquashield or something similar for preventive maintenance. Don't start adding it though until you have a nice root mass touching the water.

cool thanks for the info, yeah i found canazyme, it helps prevent root diseases. i ended up ordering a TDS,EC,Thermo meter from amazon it will be here next week. At the hydro store i went to last night, i picked up another air stone and a t joint for the tubing. I also picked up a 60x jewelers loupe with led light for later on in the grow.

i cut some small pieces of the tubing to make connectors for the t joint, put them on the t joint and connected it to the air pump hose. then connected the 2 airstones. the problem was that only air was only getting to one of the airstones and not the other, so i switched out the original airstone took off the t joint and just put on the new bigger airstone to increase the oxygen in the reservoir.

hooked up the electronic timer last night, it is set to turn the lights off at 8am and turn them back on at 2pm to keep the 18/6 light schedule.

last night I mixed 2ml Flora Micro, 1ml Flora Gro, and 1ml flora bloom with a gallon of phd water, after which i took 3 drops out of the container with a eyedropper and added it to the reservoir. hopefully it helps stimulate and promote growth instead of killing or destroying the plants.

and thanks for the advice yeah i was wondering what was the best way to go with this grow to optimize the yield i was even thiking of topping them then LST

Maybe try to get your hands on some rapid start from General hydroponics. Love that stuff that's all I used on clones and seeding for nutrients. She shouldn't need nutes for about a couple weeks.

im a little concerned with my middle plant shes not looking too good, hope she recovers, ill post pics when the lights turn on but wow the other 2 are lookin great! i popped the lid off a little too hard last night and some of the hydroton rolled the middle one that im talking about. im assuming that's the cause since the other 2 are doing excellent. so other good news, the new locks came in today, i went ahead and put them on the box as well and ill send pics of that as well later, right now going to the pet store.

ok here are the pics as promised the light was on for 5 hours before the pic was taken

plant_3_part_4.jpg

pllant_2_part_4.jpg

plant_1_part_4.jpg

alright so the middle picture, that's the plant im concerned about, when it sprouted the leaf on it sprouted all weird and its facing down, but its still green and growing, i don't know whats going on with it. Any suggestions? Any way to fix this? the other 2 look great! the water is phd to 6.1 the light is sitting 18 in above the seedlings, the temperature is 74 degrees, its been a hot day in las vegas. definitely going to keep an eye out on things every hour or so. ill keep posted with pics.

HUGE NEWS!!! last night before going to bed and doing final check on the ladies i noticed what looked like salt crystals on one of the leaves of one of the plants, i immediately pulled out my loupe and to my surprise, she is forming crystals already! Im very happy, now its not mold or mildew, unfortunately its so damn small its hard to get a picture of but i will try my best once the lights get back on, now my camera sucks and i cant use it with the jewlers loupe but ill try to show the white spot on the leaf i was talking about.

is that normal with autoflowers?

ok so i woke up my babies at 2pm as usual, i decided to take pics of everything to kind of give an update of how things are moving along.
First I lowered the led light by about 2 inches making it 16 inches above the plants. the ph is at 6.0. the temperature is at 72F
2 out of 3 seedlings have roots coming out the bottom, the 3rd still does not, out of the 2 that do one of that plant is growing funny, not sure if it will recover, time will tell. they are getting bigger and stretching a little more other than that not much noticeable growth in size, but damn is it full of crystals already, it shines as soon as i open the door, i hope that middle one makes it come harvest im looking forward to some good smoke! or actually to make tinctures with but hey to each theyre own. sorry for any lengthy statements i medicated before writing this update. heres all the pics, they were all taken at 230pm today hope you enjoy, any comments or questions are greatly appreciated.

20150511_141918.jpg

20150511_141856.jpg

20150511_141845.jpg

20150511_141530.jpg

20150511_141525.jpg

20150511_141006.jpg

20150511_140950.jpg

20150511_140918.jpg

20150511_140824.jpg

20150511_140735.jpg

20150511_140647.jpg

20150511_140630.jpg

so yeah these were all taken today and will post later on tonight,

I will be changing the water in the tank tonight and replacing it with new phd water,

quck question about autoflowers, when do you start giving them nutes?

Those little round baby leaves called cotyledons are what feed the seedlings for the first 2 weeks or so, after that, it´s time to supplement! You could start when the 2nd pair of true leaves forms, but remember that you should only start with 1/4 strength and increment patiently

ok so heres an update, i changed the water in the reservoir with phd water at 5.9. i will be adding nutes as soon as i get a tds meter. it will arrive Friday the 15th. the roots are looking great and one of the plants is a little mutated but looks just as healthy as the other 2, im letting it grow out to see how it does. another set of leaves are already growing and coming out of all the plants. you cant see it so much in the pic of the mutant plant. keeping a 19/5 light schedule.

these autoflowers are messing me up on my timelines, they are growing faster than im expecting. today is 1 week from the day i put them in rockwool and placed them in the box. so far they are looking great.

has anyone used that magical butter machine? ive been looking into it and have read the reviews on the site but was wondering if anyone has had any real hands on experience with the machine. im interested in it because i can make butter and tinctures all with the same device without stinkin up the house. any input would be appreciated on it

I personally have not tried the machine, but seems like a sweet buy if you have some cash sitting around. A self contained unit just for hash butter, let us know if you do decide to treat yourself and get one. :thumb: Glad to see your mutant is growing too, all ur plants look nice man.

VP

ok so its day 8 since since planting germinated seeds in rockwool cubes and placed them in the grow box, heres the pics

20150514_200955.jpg

20150514_200948.jpg

20150514_200944.jpg

20150514_200857.jpg

20150514_200846.jpg

20150514_200829.jpg

ok so any ideas about this mutant plant that i have growing? ive tried researching about them growing this way and have found nothing, it just looks weird. anyone else seen this or come across it in their grow?

and when it gets closer to harvest time i will definitely be getting one of those magical butter machines and trying it out and letting everyone know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom