Matticusss - White Widow - DWC - 2015 LED Grow Log

Warning, this post was posted after a dab, wording and terminology may not make sense unless severely stoned!

So what is the best way to take cuttings off of a small bushy plant? I have been looking at each one trying to figure out which ones to cut, but they all seem too damn small, I feel like i wont have enough stalk to place the cutting with how tight the internodes are

Heres WW#1

20150706_200301.jpg

very yellow groth! means she is working over time!

that's a good things right? Ive been trying to push this plant since its birth

it means she is pushing as hard as she can. very healthy. I typically see it during the first weeks of flower. but if you see it in veg, she is in the zone!

Ive had her that way all during veg, and right now she started day 2 of her 2nd week of flower. hopefully she stays that way until harvest. Been keeping the PPM right at the max during the whole grow since seed. I do have to admit, using CALMAG+ has been a tremendous help

I like to leave a lot of vegetation on my cuttings so they can feed
just make sure you leave enough that by the time it has roots theres still some vegetation
fyi
I don't do the dome etc..

Thanks for the advice Ottawa, that was my concern, having to take more of a cutting than what I initially wanted. Guess Im gonna have to.

Looking at maybe getting an extension for my tent for growing Dr. Grinspoon since it grows so tall. Toward the end of this grow I will be ordering another set of 4 buckets. That way I will be growing 8 plants instead of 4. Will also be looking to upgrade my light between this grow and the next one.

I figured the cost last night to build 4 buckets just like what I have now, it would cost me $124 to build them, that's just for all the parts and pump and tubing and bucket and lid and air injection technology. or I could spend $5 more and have the guy I bought these from build them and ship them for free. And hes located within the same city, I think Ill spend the extra $5 and save myself a lot of time and frustration.

maybe you guys can help me decide what to do here I am at a loss, by the time I harvest these plants, I will have 8 buckets ready to finish vegging and flower clones and a seedling. im wanting to take enough clones to fill 7 buckets and use the last bucket to grow Dr. Grinspoon from seed. How many clones should I take from the White Widows to make sure I have 7 clones. I have been reading that you should take almost double the desired amount of clones just in case 50% of the cutting don't root. That poses a problem for me, since these plants were not vegged very long, to take that many cuttings would damn near leave me with nothing to harvest. That's why I was asking the best way to use the cloner system I am planning to use and advice about the cloning products that I ordered. Im wanting to take only 7 or 8 cuttings split between both plants that way Im not severely reducing my bud sites. These clones I will be taking are more along the lines of monster cropping since the plant is already in flower. Any way of increasing my chances of those 7 or 8 cuttings to root? I know it seems like I may be asking the same question, its just more of a reiterative check on my end to make sure i have everything I need for success. Really looking forward to growing the Dr. Grinspoon. My mother, who lives in florida, is excited about me growing this strain, apparently my mother got turned toward medical marijuana for her medical issues, ( we don't have the best relationship and only talk about once a year if that ) so it was a shock hearing that first of all since she was completely against drugs and weed while I was growing up, hell she even had me arrested for weed when I was younger, and secondly when she found out im growing medicine, we had a long talk and I told her about the Dr. Grinspoon beans I ordered and going to start growing in august. My mother was given this strain to help her, she uses a vapor liquid made from the strain in a vape pen, but she says it is working wonders, she uses that and a strong indica to keep all her medical issues in line, I haven't seen my mother in almost a decade, well once she heard Im growing and will be growing her strain soon, which she cant find anymore, shes coming here at the beginning of December to visit in Las Vegas. Who knew weed could bring families together from across the country, what a miraculous plant! Although this should be interesting having her come visit, she didn't even come to my wedding 7 years ago but shes coming for weed! So definitely going to need some pro help with those beans since I have been reading they are definitely not for beginner growers! Hope all is well in everyones weed land!

I just wanted to post some information for people that may be reading through this journal,

I use medical marijuana to treat a whole encyclopedia of conditions.

I served in the US Marine Corps for 9 years, was severely injured multiple times between multiple deployments overseas, including several gunshot wounds, stabbings, and shrapnel, most of those injuries caused long term damage over time. A bullet ricochet to the side of the skull ( final injury leading to discharge from Marine Corps ) bullet was lodged in the cranium, caused major bleeding and severe nerve damage. I now have daily seizures, nerve damage along my right side of the body, and constant headaches. My body is riddled with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I have shrapnel stuck in my spine limiting movement. And Chemical agent damage that affects my heart and blood pressure.

That's just a quick rundown of what I use Medical Marijuana to treat, I use to be on all sorts of medications from doctors, including but not limited to, standing prescriptions for Hydrocodone and oxycontin, anti seizure medications, blood pressure medications, RA medications, Calcium Pills, Cambia a nerve pain blocker, and about 6 other different chemically made medications. All with horrible side effects, and some even made me unable to function at all, it was like being a damn zombie.

Medical Marijuana has saved not only my wallet from all these meds, but my body as well, all those medications made me have constant doctor visits for blood tests to make sure my liver and kidney functions were not failing. I smoke dabs, its a very concentrated form of the cannabis plant to smoke, made from all the resin from the flowers of the plant the end product whether it be shatter or honeycomb crumble or any other form. This is what I use to medicate instead of just smoking the traditional flower since the THC and CBD potency is a lot higher. I take 3 dabs per day, those 3 dabs keep all my pain at bay, my blood pressure in normal range, my kidneys and liver are not being affected by all sorts of chemicals. No more blood tests for stagnant chemical levels in the blood stream, I have not had a seizure since taking my very first dab, No nerve pain at all, it even helps with any PTSD I have and anxiety stemming from PTSD. I use to have anger issues, now I am a lot more fun to be around and not so angry anymore. This is a wonderful plant with many healing properties. It can even be used topically as an anesthetic or healing salve like tiger balm or its essential oil decarboxylated and mixed with emu oil and some valerian root, makes for a bitchin pain relief oil that you massage into the skin. works wonders on sore backs and shoulders and necks, or for arthritis ( this is the reason how I stumbled acroos the emu oil pain relief oil ).

So to sum it all up, Medical Marijuana is one hell of a miracle plant with a multitude of purposes. Why pay for all these different medications when all you really need is one, and you can grow it yourself!

Please don't take my listing of ailments as a complaint against the Marine Corps, I LOVE WHAT I DID IN THE CORPS! I wouldn't trade a single day. It was the best experience I ever had, I got paid to do things daily, that people pay an arm and a leg to go do once in their lifetime. Hanging from helicopter lines, HALO jumps, air insertions over land, and even better, air insertions over sea. All the travel I did, I would literally be in Colombia at night, and by the next time I saw daylight I would be in eqypt or some place in Africa getting ready to do god knows what, once we finished what we were sent for we would be sent somewhere else, and so on. Constantly on the go, its a lifestyle that I miss dearly, and I miss all my brothers and sisters in the corps. But life changes and we must all change with it. Now I employ the same passion that I had with what I did before as a career, to what I do now as a hobby growing my medicine.

I was in the military. A soldier that doesn't give in to corruption is a country's best asset. Sorry I can't elaborate about my own experience, it's classified :bongrip: You know the internet is a sneaky back stabbing son of a gun!
Being in the MJ scene is easier than ever thanks to 420M, even if my only ganja friends are the ones that live in my computer.
How's the weather in Vegas today? Any sandstorms?

Vlad

good to hear you and your mother found common ground to re-bond on.

as far as clones are concerned, practice makes perfect. take a couple cuttings and try a couple different techniques. im sure you will find that it isn't as difficult as you think. taking a plant "properly" through flower is much more difficult.

p.s. hopefully I will be able to take my grinspoon "properly" through flower. it is just a seedling now. when she hits a month ill start a grinspoon journal.

Back
Top Bottom