White Widow/Master Kush LED Grow

cough 80

Well I have just completed my first grow using a 90w LED UFO and two 80w fluorescents where I yielded an oz from three plants that were in 2 gallon pots. This time around I have 5 gallon buckets to move them into, So im hoping for a much larger yield per plant this grow, At least an oz per plant.

I still have almost a full bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest that I will be using for the soil, and will also be using Fox Farm Nutes.

The seeds should be arriving this week, I ordered 3 master Kush and 7 white widow seeds both are from Nirvana seed bank, and were ordered through worldwide marijuana seeds.

I will be posting pics of the room and the germination process once the seeds arrive. Any advice for an LED grow would be much appreciated

here are a few pics of the room. I also added mylar today for the upcoming grow. Hopefuly the seeds will come in the next few days, and then I'll be back to update the status of germination. My last grow I had 3 seeds from a bag of mids. they all germinated and were all female, and for being from a bag of mids the buds they produced ended up being some of the best shit I've ever had.

SNC00034.jpg

SNC00032.jpg

SNC000331.jpg

SNC00031.jpg

So I decided to germinate some bag seeds while I'm waiting for the widow and the kush to arrive hopefully they'll be here by saturday. I will be using the paper towel method to germinate the seeds.

I Put the seeds in a dark cabinet yesterday and when I checked this morning a few of the seeds had cracked so hopefuly by tommorow the first few will be able to be planted. I'm going to be giving all the plants in this grow Big Bloom from the time there planted until the week before harvest.

Also I wanted to keep a mother plant from each strain, I have an 8 sqft closet do you guys think this would be large enough for a mother/clone room?

Well the room im using right now is 10 sqft, but I have another open closet thats 4'x4'. Im hoping that will be enough room 2-3 mothers, and im going to put a shelf up for the clones. I'll post some pics of this spare closet so you guys can see what im talking about.

All 6 bag seeds broke ground this morning. I'm still waiting on the kush and the widow seeds to arrive hopefuly they'll be here in the next couple of days. I'm having problems with my camera, but I'll just use a cell and post some pics later.

I think you should move that UFO a little farther from those seedlings.

The guy I got my UFO's from said not to put them closer than 10" or the leaves could bleach. Seedlings dont need very much light...

I've been running my UFO's from between 10"-24" from tops of plants. If you place it 18" you get a good 3'x3' area. The light actually still covers more area but seems to really light up 3x3.

You can see here results here of my LED's being 10"-24", they grew quickly and robustly, Calling all martians

Didnt really have a problem my last grow, but I'll give it a try. Your set up is bad ass bro. I'm hoping to to the same thing my next grow if I come up with some money to blow on new LED's.

Everything looks cool man, i'm excited to whatch your grow.
never followed an LED grow!

I was thikin about buying a single femonized kushberry seed from DNA Genetics through worldwide marijuana seeds so i'll see how your order goes.

Good Luck with everything

Im in for this one till the end as i am going to start a grow soon and im going to use LED's also so i think this will provide grate info for me. Cough 80 can you tell me how you like working with the LED is it worth it i mean. good luck bro.

It's hard for me to compare, since that I have only used LED's and that this my secong go around with them. Especialy since the first time I only used 2 gallon pots, so I know that held me back. My first go around with using the 2 gallon pots and no flowering nutes I yielded a little over an oz from three plants. This time around I'm going to be alot stricter with a feeding schedule, and hopefuly doing that and using biger pots Im shooting for an O from every plant. This grow is going to really be the deciding factor if I stick with the LED's or vent my room and throw a MH/HPS light in there.

The reason I decided on using an LED is because after researching for about three months I came to the conclusion that an LED light was best for me. With my set up I dont really need to install a ventalation system because I use a small room, which wouldnt be the case if I was to use a MH or HPS light, so that saved me a few bucks. Plus with the LED I didnt even notice an increase in my electricity. Now if I was a caregiver or growing on a large scale. I would go with a HPS, but since im only providing for my self LED is the light for me for now.

I dont know if you have seen it but there is an LED source thread on the boards right now that has some great techniques on how to manipulate LED lights for bigger yields. I would check it out heres the link

Everything LED, Open Source Light?

Everything looks cool man, i'm excited to whatch your grow.
never followed an LED grow!

I was thikin about buying a single femonized kushberry seed from DNA Genetics through worldwide marijuana seeds so i'll see how your order goes.

Good Luck with everything

thanks. Ya I'm hoping they come soon, but I'm not too worried did a lot of research on them before ordering. Plus the bag seeds will get a little ahead giving me some bud to smoke.

Didnt really have a problem my last grow, but I'll give it a try. Your set up is bad ass bro. I'm hoping to to the same thing my next grow if I come up with some money to blow on new LED's.

thx for your words :grinjoint:

I honestly dont know if its bad to have it so close, its just what the guy told me when I asked him. I have 12 plants so I needed it higher to get the light spread out to cover them. I read on the net where someones leaves got bleached... blue light has more energy than red I think so maybe it depends on the spectrum... The LED is super bright but it doesnt put out same lumens as HPS/MH but since spectrum is focused on specific plant photosynthesis sensitive colors you could be stressing the plants with too much...

I've been real happy with my LED so far. Simply by using them for veg instead of my big HPS they'll pay for themselves in a cycle or 2... if i continue to see results that warrant it i might upgrade to bigger LED system, plants really seem to thrive under these things, final yield is big question which is why I'm trying the martian thing...

thx for your words :grinjoint:

I honestly dont know if its bad to have it so close, its just what the guy told me when I asked him. I have 12 plants so I needed it higher to get the light spread out to cover them. I read on the net where someones leaves got bleached... blue light has more energy than red I think so maybe it depends on the spectrum... The LED is super bright but it doesnt put out same lumens as HPS/MH but since spectrum is focused on specific plant photosynthesis sensitive colors you could be stressing the plants with too much...

I've been real happy with my LED so far. Simply by using them for veg instead of my big HPS they'll pay for themselves in a cycle or 2... if i continue to see results that warrant it i might upgrade to bigger LED system, plants really seem to thrive under these things, final yield is big question which is why I'm trying the martian thing...

Ya that method sounds verry intrieging. oh and thanks for that pm. I was having such a hard time finding a site.

Well one of the bag seeds poped through and then died, but the other five look to be doing well there about an inch tall. As far as the rest of the seeds though there curently in ISC in New York. So as far as I know they could be here tommorow or are going to get nabbed by customs. I'll hope for the best.

Here are a few pics one week after being planted.

MJgroup.jpg
Group Shot

MJ118.jpg

Bag seed 1

MJtwo.jpg

Bag seed 2

MJ37.jpg

Bag seed 3

MJ43.jpg

Bag Seed 4

MJ5.jpg

Bag Seed 5

Still waiting for the rest of the seeds to come. Its starting to look like I'm going to be one of the unlucky peolpe whos packages are stuck at ISC for a month.

Back
Top Bottom