Matticusss - White Widow - DWC - 2015 LED Grow Log

AW CRAP!

I think I may have posted in someone elses journal what was meant to go into my journal!

Shit well here it goes again, and to whoever it was that I did that too I am sure you will find your way to my page, and when you read this I would like to humbly apologize for posting a message for my journal on your thread.

I had multiple windows open and was responding to multiple messages, then decided to add to my message screen and must have clicked on the wrong one before I started typing. Doing all this after a few dabs, not recommended I believe this is how the mistake happened.

So the message was this basically,

I was searching online seed banks, the well known ones, like our sponsors sites, and attitude, and a few others, I came across a great July 4th deal on one of the sites. PM me and I will tell you which one, since they unfortunately are not one of the sponsors sites. This is what I ordered.

1 BC Bud Depot Ultimate Purple Feminized

2 Feminized Barneys Farm Dr. Grinspoon

Came with these freebies!

1 Feminized CH9 Blue Lemon Thai

1 Feminized Humboldt Seed Organization Green Crack

1 Feminized Reserva Privada Tangie

Pretty good promo for me and including shipping was less than $75. Shipping cost more than the seeds LOL!

Going good so far Magic just trying to keep the damn Big Bang Auto Fem alive, I am really having an issue with autoflowers. But the White Widows are looking great and growing by the day!

Picture Time!

Sorry only took one pic of each plant tonight due to some major issues going on. So I went in to turn on the light, and it was already on for some reason. I don't know what time it turned on my guess was around 2 30pm, the light is suppose to come on at 8pm. I hope it wont mess the plants up too much. I did notice that the plants are a lot greener today than yesterday, except for the big bang, with the exception of its new growth leaves, the older ones keep getting more yellow, the tip of one of the yellow leaves is even turning brown, I just changed its bucket water yesterday so Im not to sure whats going on any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to bounce back from the light coming on early today? or is there nothing to do other than make sure it doesn't happen again? well heres WW#1

20150705_202145.jpg

Heres WW#2

20150705_202152.jpg

Heres the poor poor Big Bang Auto Fem

20150705_202158.jpg

ok guys this is about electric costs,

my usual electric bill is around 60 a month, last months bill was 165 due to the grow operation. well before the new billing cycle began again I changed all the light bulbs in my house and outside of my house to LED light bulbs to help save energy costs. I added all the light bulbs in each room to their own light HUB that controls the lights. The LED light HUB enables me to control the lights with my voice, turning them on and off and also dimming the lights as needed. Light bill just came in, total bill, $87.20. Nothing has changed in energy use, if anything it has gone up due to me adding another grow light. But my bill has gone down, keep in mind I also received notice before this bill came in that pricing per watt has gone up during the summer months, and my bill still went down almost $80! With all that being said, I will be using LED lighting in all my houses from here on out. If energy costs with all your grow equipment is getting out of hand, I recommend switching to the indoor lighting system that I did. It wasn't cheap to get started, but has already paid for itself in the first months bill! Total cost for all the bulbs and hubs was $78. that was for 25 LED light bulbs with 50,000 hours of life on each bulb. and 4 hubs to control the bulbs. I run each bulb at half strength, gives my house more light than before, and costs a hell of a lot less than the old bulbs and saves me money.

Yeah Ottawa, I already take my plants out of the tent before I turn on the LED grow light and do all inspections and adjustments under normal lighting so that way the colors I see on the plants are not affected by the light. sometimes green looks yellow under LED grow lights from what I have learned so far and can get confusing, I have been doing this since the last grow. It has helped with determining the health of the plant. thanks for the advice!

Just received an email update from the seed company saying the seeds have been dispatched! DR. Grinspoon on the way! and some Ultimate Purple! I don't know why but I really like the look of purple strains. if anyone has grown ultimate purple before I would love some feedback on this strain, its hard to find grow journals with it being grown. I am going to grow the Dr. Grinspoon solely for clones to provide to my collective since I usually don't smoke sative dominant strains, i stick to indica dominant for pain relief properties. Hell i actually don't even smoke flower from marijuana plants, I have an allergy to the pollen I guess, it makes my throat itchy as hell, so I smoke the concentrates and use tinctures to medicate. Not once have I had any type of allergy issues with them. Don't know what it is exactly with the flowers that makes me that way. I cant even use a table top vaporizer with dry herb, still makes me all itchy.

I know this is a long post, sorry, but I wanted to cover a couple areas in one post. I know energy costs is a big issue with growers and wanted to post how I helped fix that issue in my case, and to hopefully give some advice to people like me that cant smoke marijuana, for them to look into the concentrates. I signed my first 6 recommendations for medical marijuana this morning under the Nevada Medical Marijuana Program! I am a major advocate for the use of Medical Marijuana for certain medical conditions and as a treatment regimen for isolated medical problems such as chronic pain.

Same here man I live in Las Vegas! AC is a must have where I live where the temps go over 115F daily. Hell at 2am its still over 100F! my indoor ac is set to 71F, at that setting it keeps my grow tent between 78F-84F. That's all i use to cool the tent, im sure if I had a stand alone ac unit my electric bill would be a lot higher. But yeah I highly recommend switching your house lights to LED house lights, they are more expensive at first, but this last electric bill, they just paid for themselves, and they are going to continue to put money back into my pocket in electrical cost savings. and they last a hell of a lot longer!

Where are cheap places online to buy grow tents? I got my last one at a decent price but im looking for one that's not so big to use as a cloning/ early veg tent. Just curious where everyone gets theirs, maybe where you guys get yours is cheaper.

Okay so heres a question im sure has quite a few answers, Im going to be cloning my plants this week, I will be using a 5 gallon storage container with netpots in the lid, it will be filled with 3 gallons of water, I will be using Clonex and have also ordered rapid start. how do I use these 2 products with a bubble cloner system?

is it recommended to use rapid start with clonex? will it help produce more roots, and help it root faster? Or is clonex all that's needed? Ive seen people clone in just water, using clonex, powders, all sorts of ways, but im curious if anyone has used these 2 products together and had good results compared to just using one of the two? My goal is to take these clones now before they get further into bloom, so it wont be too much stress to revert to veg. im looking to take 6 clones total from the 2 plants. So that's more the reason why im asking these specific questions, I am really wanting my clones to root, and since this is my first time cloning, im really shooting for 90% success rate in rooting.

not that this helps much, but I have found cloning to be the easiest part of growing.

I use clonex. I dip the cutting into for 30 seconds and then stick it in the medium of my choice. I have found Rockwell cubes to work well.
I used a fogging cloner for awhile and I would still dip them in clonex before setting them in the fogger, no medium, just stem hanging into the fog. did the clonex help in the fogger? probably not, but it didn't hurt. I mixed 2ml of hydroguard to a gallon of water and let the clones drink it. up until my blue dream I have had 100% cloning success. blue dream broke my system. hahaha.

I have found another use for clonex. after I take a cutting, I wipe some clonex on the plant, where I took the cuttings from. it not only helps repair the plant but it causes it to mutate and become stronger.

ok thanks for the advice, I will try that when I take the clones. I will be using rockwool as well, starting them out in 1.5in rockwool cubes, then transplanting later into larger cubes into the grow buckets.

why not just start the clone in the larger Rockwell cube? basically the same thing just bigger.

not trying to be a smart ass, just curious.

Back
Top Bottom