Stratlogic's Hydro Closet ScrOG Grow

playafly - Here's my feeding regimen in a nutshell but this is only going to do you any good if you use r/o water and the exact same nutrients I have been using. It probably isn't going to work out the same if you use other nutes. Here's a pic so you can see what I'm using.

tn_DSC01061.JPG

When vegging I start out with only plain r/o water until about week 2 . The I use 1tsp of Grow A and 1tsp of Grow B to two gallons of r/o water. Each week I add one more tsp of Grow A and B and max out at 4tsp of Grow A and 4tsp of Grow B during the first cycle.
During flowering I've been adding no more than 6tsp of Bloom A and 6tsp of Bloom B to two gallons once a week for eight weeks and top off with water to keep the pump submerged. Then I flush after that until I think she's ready.

Strat I will try your recipe next around for sure. I already started using dyna bloom and dyna grow. Your last pic was that from one plant?

DoItToIt - The smell hasn't really been an issue. I've noticed it smells the most when it's all sealed up. When I'm home I open it up an put a fan on it and can't really smell it that much after that. It is after all growing in my closet in my bedroom so I just may have gotten used to it and don't notice it as much as someone else would. And humidity, I couldn't tell you. I have no idea what it is at and I honestly have never checked. I'm unsure what your asking in your last question.

Thanks Soniq420. They are getting fat indeed!

playafly - Just one plant. Decided on the AN Sensi collection eh? I've never tried anything else to tell the truth. The AN worked so well for me the first time I just kept using it because it's incredibly easy to use. "If it aint broke, don't fix" I guess. That and I bought those bottles when I began this thread and I still have some left. That's five plants so far!

Day 70, Harvest!

After 24hr of darkness...
tn_DSC03630.JPG

Minutes before the chop.
tn_DSC03637.JPG

tn_DSC03641.JPG

The roots. All of them.
tn_DSC03644.JPG

LST in action.
tn_DSC03658.JPG

Supercropped FIM bud
tn_DSC03673.JPG

Big Foot! (on the right)
tn_DSC03665.JPG

The main cola.
tn_DSC03687.JPG

The final outcome.
tn_DSC03694.JPG

Ready for drying.
tn_DSC03698.JPG

tn_DSC03701.JPG

tn_DSC03702.JPG

I put a desktop tower fan on its side in the bottom of the box and have it set on low to keep a light flow of air circulating. I uncovered the hole where the squirrel fans were and am using that as a passive exhaust. Then I seal it up like I did when it was flowering. Now I wait...

I'm going for the slow cure this time so I just cut the branch at the stem, hung it on the screen and didn't trim a single leaf off. I think that is where I made the mistake my last two times. Previously I cut and manicured the same night and I think this caused too fast of a dry, sealing in that "green" smell. My friends said they couldn't notice it but I could and it bothered me. So like every grow, I like to try something different each time to see what works and what doesn't.

For example...

These are not all the bud pictures. Check out The SuperCrop Experiment for all the buds from this harvest.

Great pictures man, great grows as well ;) can't wait to see the final weight in. Btw you put in smokin picks up ? How about a milk shot of that bong ;)

keep up the great work :roorrip:

Hey stratlogic I've been doing some research for my first grow (a single apollo 11 clone) and you seem to have had more success in exactly what I am trying to do than anyone else on the web. I've got a slightly bigger area to work with in using my entire closet and as she nears 1 ft. I'm starting to get anxious about staying on top of the processes that will maximize yield. I'm picking up a screen tomorrow but am very curious about "supercropping" with low stress training. Does breaking the branches over like that lead to additional recovery time or do they continue to grow at the same rate. Also, I'm not too sure on where or at what point in the branches growth stage I should begin supercropping. I've been trying to read as much about the process as I can but nobody seems to have one outstanding technique. Any insight would be much appreciated :)

just 1 ? how? do you veg first ? when do you add screen ok do you have one room? i have 2 boxs veg box flower box 2x2x4 in order to scrog you must have veg and flower in same box? :smokin:

i think i got it veg till screen is full then flower i think im going to make 5 gal bucket with screen bolted about ? 16 in so they can be portable . mobile

Strat good job. Question. To understand this clearly everytime when you gave it nutes during the veggie stage ; Did you change out the distilled water out every week or did you just feed it nutes once a week without dumping out the old water for new? And did you do the same for the flowering stage? Thanks

strat,
I've attempted to replicate your setup. I'm starting week 3 of flowering and the 2 plants are huge (I vegged a little too long). Anyways...how difficult are you finding it to change the res with your plants so big and fully engulfed by the screen?

I've opted out of the screen for that purpose...figuring I would have too much trouble lifting the plants out. does your screen detach from the box? I guess that would be the easiest explanation...having two plants, two buckets, same screen would make that much more difficult which is where I probably screwed myself.

either way, I'm changing my setup next time so that I don't have the lift the plants at all when changing the res. I liked your box and results so I gave it a shot... you have a green thumb sir.

strat,
I've attempted to replicate your setup. I'm starting week 3 of flowering and the 2 plants are huge (I vegged a little too long). Anyways...how difficult are you finding it to change the res with your plants so big and fully engulfed by the screen?

I just slide the lid back and pour 2 gallons of nute solution in once a week. During flowering that much water will not last for a whole week so I top it off with plain water to hold off until nute day. Then I do it all over again. I don't remove anything from the box.

strat,

I've opted out of the screen for that purpose...figuring I would have too much trouble lifting the plants out. does your screen detach from the box? I guess that would be the easiest explanation...having two plants, two buckets, same screen would make that much more difficult which is where I probably screwed myself.

either way, I'm changing my setup next time so that I don't have the lift the plants at all when changing the res. I liked your box and results so I gave it a shot... you have a green thumb sir.

I have a similar setup in the works and have decided to simply put my reservoir up on a table high enough to get a 5 gallon bucket underneath. Drill a hole for a water tight drain at the bottom corner so at the end of the week I twist my valve and drain the water out, then have a small hole I cover up on the top for filing. It's a simple easy fix that makes it so you never have to remove the lid or crush your buds into the screen sometimes resulting in an accidental supercrop.

My previous setup had a bunch of snapped branches every week, this solution should do the trick.

Here's one of the drains I'm referring to:

9225BrasskDrain.GIF

Drill a hole, 2 rubber washers and a nut, crank it all down with a valve that threads right on, check for leaks. If it's leaking a bit and your washers are set correctly, just throw some silicon beads on the inside and outside and let it sit for a day.

Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom