My Continuous Auto Closet Grow - Pink Salad!

Yesterday I read Mr KingJohnC's post about making seeds with Silver Thiosulfate solution.

KingJohnC 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor

He did a great job documenting his seed making efforts from start to finish. Timing was a problem he ran into, and is something I worry about as well. I feel better about the continued spraying of CS on my plants after reading his thread tho. He sprayed his Silver Thiosulfate solution for a total of 28 days before male type flowers opened. I know Colloidal Silver, and Silver Thiosulfate may not operate under the same set of rules, but I've found no real documentation of pollen flowers opening using CS, or of anyone exceeding the recommended 14 days of spraying. The plants seem to be holding up well, but haven't yet opened their pollen sacks. I plan to spray a full 30 days, or until flowers open. Whatever comes first. He also made seed within the plant he sprayed. Something I hadn't thought of myself. I'll be sure to let the plants I've sprayed expire on their own of old age, and check them for seeds. He pulled about 80 total. I'm spraying two larger plants so I could end up having more.

top-of-_plant-04.png

Right now I've been spraying plant number 04 for 17 days total.
And plant number 13 for a total of 15 days.

Some of the male pollen pods are turning purple on 04. This is a pink, and purple strain tho.

Subscribed. I discontinued spraying Silver Thiosulfate when I first saw pollen sacks forming, I am not sure what effect continuing spraying would have produced. I also use 1,2,3 gallon spot sprayers to water my plants. I find it convenient to fill them from my bath tub fixture and mix up a containers worth of nutrients and pH adjust it for use.

Subscribed. I discontinued spraying Silver Thiosulfate when I first saw pollen sacks forming, I am not sure what effect continuing spraying would have produced. I also use 1,2,3 gallon spot sprayers to water my plants. I find it convenient to fill them from my bath tub fixture and mix up a containers worth of nutrients and pH adjust it for use.

Yeah I really like the idea. I'm happy with the way this water can works for me tho. I think if I was walking around a room watering plants I'd get a sprayer. I have a chair I sit on in front of my closet, and the sprayer might be to awkward to use that way. I pull out a few of the front plants, and sit them on the floor. Water the back easily, and put them back, and water them also.

The little can is perfect for the way I'm using it. :thumb:

Thanks for reading my posts, and subscribing!

----------------------
Great News!!
----------------------

I was looking over plant number 04, and after 18 days of spraying I've had open male type flowers!

I was noticed one large pod looked slightly open, and so I stuck my finger in the foliage, and touched the pod.

POW a little puff of yellow powder! YES!! After looking around I found five more just like it. :thumb:

I removed all five little flowers, and sprinkled a little pollen on few buds on every plant. :allgood:

As new pods open I'll repeat my pollination just to be sure everything gets seeded!!

pod-on-bud.png

I even set each of the open spent pods gently on top of a it's own large bud to pollinate.

I've noticed after doing this before I see a yellow outline of pollen left behind.

Even tho you can't shake it loose it still has more to release. :high-five:

As more open I'll document them with photos. YEAH BUDDY!!!

It's supposed to go on for weeks so I'll be saving some also!!

The plants are all 37 days old so the timing has worked out pretty great!!

Hopefully I'll hit my 1,000 seed goal if not more!! YAY!!! :lot-o-toke:

I ordered a jeweler's magnifying loupe so I can get a better close up look at my girls. Shipping is going to take a couple weeks tho. I was thinking about trying some close up photos shot through the magnifying loupe lens, and then I read a post from member cannafan It was funny because that mag loupe he's using is the same one I ordered.

I've finished pollinating my ladies with the female pollen, and started harvesting storage pollen tonight. New pollen sacs open daily, and tonight I stored a nice paper pouch off each plant. I've went crazy overboard dusting my buds, and every bud looks kinda dusty yellow now. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep these transgendered plants around more than a few days. They have my allergies kicked into high gear, and I'm dossing allergy meds like crazy. I want to get like 10 packs of female pollen in my little fridge tho, so I'm going to work though it.

Not much to report otherwise, but the plants are doing well, and on full strength nutes. I saw some small fried tips on one. All the rest are great. It's full in there so moving things about is a bitch. Their drinking more water. Harder to get the run off I was from the two gallons, and may move to three a day.

December 19

old-hood-04.png

December 29

plants0009.jpg

Looking and sounding great sucks bout the allergies I'm lucky and don't have any except food red dye specifically but good to hear it's so well ,save lots so you don't have to bother again for a long time! :high-five:

Thanks! I'm thinking about keeping the female seed project going tho, and moving on to my homemade F1 breeding cross of Royal Queen Seeds Bulematic, and SGS Pink Salad. In about 2 weeks starting 28 new seeds from that strain in news-pots. To fill up the closet again, and this time only spray one plant. The cooler weather is fine with my almost 600 watts, but when summer comes I may drop down to 300 watts again. I'm not really sure the seeds I made are an F1, because the original genetics have a lot of variation in phenotype, but the cross I made has been pretty consistent. I've only grown out about five of them so far tho. I'll get a better idea after I make seeds.

------------------
More Photos!
------------------

It's springtime in my closet. :high-five:

pollen-sacs.png

The buds are all yellow with female pollen dust. :thumb:

soaked-in-pollen.png

Most of the time Pink Salad comes out looking like a mini Christmas Tree. :xmas:

xmass-tree.png

Going great so far. I should get plenty of female seeds this run. :thanks:

I have a small lens taped over my camera from an eyeglass toolkit. lol

-------------------------
39 days from seed.
-------------------------

Here's the roots of plant number four 39 days from seed.

roots-pot-04.png

One of my newspaper pot transplants. I sprayed with CS for 18 days.

I pollinated all my plants with female pollen, and chopped it down all under 40 days!

I saved 10 packets of fresh female pollen. Some I'll freeze later.

All are saved in homemade printer paper mini envelopes in a mason jar with a bunch of desiccants.

I save the powder only no plant material sealed with the desiccants in the to jar slow cold dry the pollen.

I'll freeze my samples after about a week of drying out.

Not sure when I'll ever use it, but I may get some oddball auto seed gifted one day.

I'll be ready to make a new strain!

--------------------
Plant 12 Update
--------------------

Monster phenotype is getting bushy.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!! :high-five:

Photo taken 12-23-13

plant-12.png

Photo taken ten days later 1-2-14.

cool-plant.png

Top of plant!

top-cool-plant.png

-----------------
New Chains!
-----------------

My new chains have arrived for the old light hoods. :thumb:

new-chains.png

Also I've figured out if I stand back far enough, and zoom in the HPS lights don't go wavy.

Kinda dim lighting tho, and low rez photo. Oh well. Everything going great! :thanks:

--------------------------------
The bad boy of cannabis!
--------------------------------

Ha! I pulled a small bud off of one of my plants to check for seeds!

And guess what? I FOUND THEM!! YES!!! :thanks:

seeds-on-tray.png

Still they are weeks away from being fully mature female seeds.

But my female seed making process was successful. :thumb:

Yeah I counted 30 little immature seeds from a one inch nugget!

getting-frosty.png

All the plants are getting frosted on top! Must be the weather. :)

frost-top-02.png

These all have about three more weeks until the seeds are ripe!

frost-plant-03.png

That is some good growth. Looking Really good :bravo:

Thanks buddy!

Beautiful Toker.Congrat's on the female seed's.Your way a head of me in that department,buddy.:goodjob:

Yeah Thanks Jimmy!!

I'm starting my next seed making project already, and am going to be posting updates in a new journal.

I invite you both, and all to check it out! :)

Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

The strain I made myself. A cross between two auto strains "Pink Salad" and "Royal Bluematic" :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom