1st Closet Grow

Do not top an auto. They have a predetermined life cycle and this will slow growth for a short, but precious few days.

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Well i disagree, theres lots of autogrowers on this site and the concensus seems to be topping is beneficial.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Topping is very beneficial. What I've read, in the cannabis grow bible and in the topping tutorial on grow weed easy .com, is that due to the shorter life of an auto flowering strain you are shortening the amount of time the plant has to grow. I am in no way an expert, im simply sharing my opinion based on research I have done.

420-magazine-mobile894297244.jpg

This is a plant that was topped several times and as you can see she's doing great, but she's not a ruderalis aka auto flowering strain.

Most autos are completely done with vegetative growth by week 6 so if you top a tad early then your plant may not recover in time to grow the necessary branch structure to live up to her full potential. You can not change when an auto begins flowering so it is best, from what I've read, to train instead of top. That's the last I will say about that. I'm gonna stick around and see how things go regardless. Good Luck budz.

Topping an auto is risky but saying that I saw a journal where he was abusing his Girl Scout cookies autoflower and I mean LST, topping, lollipoping and everything and he got 6-8 ounce a plant so I'd recommend nice an early so there's time to recover

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Topping is very beneficial. What I've read, in the cannabis grow bible and in the topping tutorial on grow weed easy .com, is that due to the shorter life of an auto flowering strain you are shortening the amount of time the plant has to grow. I am in no way an expert, im simply sharing my opinion based on research I have done.

I think a lot of that info is a couple of years old, a lot of autos can go as long as the average photo. Topping and lst will work a charm on a lot autos.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think a lot of that info is a couple of years old, a lot of autos can go as long as the average photo. Topping and lst will work a charm on a lot autos.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I def agree that some of that info is outdated. I have the grow bible and while it's a great book it barely mentions the use of leds for grows.
That being said I don't think I'm going to top this plant I think I stunted her early on with over watering and low humidity. So I'll try my hand at lst but I'm not sure where to begin she's so squat and compact.
Should I begin trying to bend the top over so the lower growth can catch up??

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 24
Sorry i havent been posting too much, been swamped with work. Shes doing her thing though and looking healthy. Finally got my new tent and her settled in. She looks way too lonely in a 3x3 i didnt think that purchase through very well haha. I still need to get a exhaust fan and filter because shes starting to stink up the room.
I just fed her today with the fox farms trio, I probably should have asked someone on here but i did start to feed her tiger bloom at 1/2 strength since shes had pistils for almost 2 weeks. Havent been doing too much training mostly just tucking fan leaves to expose bud sites. Guess that it for today.

Back
Top Bottom