Jims 1st grow - LEDs - feminized Lemon skunk - advice?

Thanks Pan4 and untamedFox,

Pan4... what happened to the end of your journal with the lemon skunk? I was looking forward to reading a smoke report on that and your blue cheese :grinjoint:, I have this fem blue cheese seed - for another grow.

Do you think that if I have mostly red spectrum LEDs, that my lemon will be forced to flower early? Ive got two panels on their way I hope (over 500 Leds in total) one of them is red and the other is mixed. Should I rig them both up from the start or leave the red for flowering?

:welcome:PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT:thanks:

:peace::rollit::peace:

Still no LEDs arrived :-(

Can anyone explain what supercropping and topping is? I am currently using 24/0 with the small light I have currently, should I be giving the plant a rest period? of 4-6 hours? O and should I have my fan running constantly too??? This is my first grow, any help/advice is needed! Thanx guys.

Day 10 under the LEDs:
phpLOd3mkAM.jpg

Check this link out. It has a section on supercropping. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

This is a quote from my hydro grow. ;-)

TOPPING:

IMG_1539.JPG

The red arrow is where I cut my top. the green arrows (hard to see) is where the new tops grew out after the cut (top).

Now looking at one of the new tops you see where you should top at " red line". the blue arrows will be your new tops that grow out after you top. So its important not to cut those when you top. If you hit them on accident you are more than likely just fimming them and they will survive they will just grow out without points. This is actually FIMming (Fvck I Missed) if you intentionally did it to your top. I prefer topping over fimming.

Depending on how bushy your plant is this can be tough. Use very small pointy snips to get in there. You'll be please with the results. Hope this helps.

In a couple of weeks you will have 2 very nice thick sturdy cola's to be.

Here is bigstinky, I topped about 2 weeks ago.

IMG_1541.JPG

to answer ur other question, you should probably give them some rest, about 4 hours is all that's needed. normally people do 18/6, but 20/4 is fine.

Picture updates.
I havent used any nutes yet, trying to keep it natural as possible. But I will start feeding once every week or two, now that the plants on its third week.
The LED panels arrived, so I put the red one further away and the mixed one closer - as the red is mostly for flowering.

Week 3 pics:
phpy0SpEVAM.jpg

php8v13gCAM.jpg

phppErvrSAM.jpg

New LEDs:
phpkajxK8AM.jpg

dude, i cannot wait to see how this turns out. I haven't seen a lot of LED grows, mostly CFLs and HIDs

Thanks Cherma and untamed fox,

Here are photo updates, Lemon skunk, day 24 under LEDs:

php3qHSUGPM.jpg

phpNFTvgQPM.jpg

phpkgc4v3PM.jpg

anyone got any thoughts on how how its doing, does it look a bit small for its age? Im going to start feeding with grow nutes next week I think, see what that does (start on half strength).

How long does this type of plant need to stay in veg before I should start on 12/12 for flowering?

I screwed up, the number of days I said for the last two pictures, is in fact from seed. Not how long theyve been under the LEDs.
I have some pic updates. So this is infact day 23 under the lights - is it me or is the plant small for this age? I havnt used any nutes yet so I will start 2moro on half strength, when I water.

The soil feels really dry after 4 days of no water, can anyone say how much water I should be giving it each time? ml?

Next to a nano for size comparison:
phpz7Ac62PM.jpg

phpIn9nBVPM.jpg

This is a pic of the setup, you can see why I an LSTing - I havnt got much room.
phpewIUa1PM.jpg

Should I top the plant a week before flowering to increase yield or shouldnt I risk chopping it?

Dont be shy, comment!

that big panel of red LEDs isn't doing jack shit, any chance of moving it to a better place? also, move the fan up a little bit so the plant gets a bit more breeze

Cheers guys,

Fox: Thanks for the tips. I will move the fan about - I havnt had it running on the night cycle (due to security) - is this bad or ok? I didnt want to have the other red panel involved too much cus its for flowering right, wudnt it be a bad idea to have too much red spectrum at this stage or will it be helpfull? I'll try and rig it up later when I stick the lights back on - I just watered it now, is there any specific time that is best to water?

Stizzle:

Dude, I know LEDs arent the best for fast growth - Im sure its not all down to that, I think I might have stressed it slightly as I had to take it home for the weekend (security isnt good this week):shhh: I probably have a bit of bad room sindrome too.
Also the larger panels have only been used for a bout half of the time, took ages to arrive.
Thanks for the advice though, it all helps.

:peace: and love :rollit:

I think you should be adding some nutes now. This could be some of the reason for the slow growth. If you want to keep it natural, go for all organic nutes. ;-) Your plants look great!

I would have the fan on low for most of the 24 hours, possibly moving back an forth, to simulate real winds... and as far as the red lights stimulating flowering: the time dictates flowering, not lights. The lights (blue and red) are simply what is used durring the two growth periods. Having a bunch of blue and red would only help in either stage, just one is used a bit more than the other in each stage

cheers Ms. Fox and untamed Fox and all the other Foxs,

I have given the setup a few alterations and fed the plant half strength of Grow with water pH 6.3. I will move the red panel the best I can to get all the light on it now. The fan doesnt rotate cus its a clip on fan, so I'll just move it about the best I can I guess.

I'll update with some pics again in a few days, if I dont get screwed over:hmmmm::shhh:

you'll be fine, the nutes and pH sound great, good job. as for as the lights and fan, just suggestions, not live or die moves :)

Today is day 29 under LEDs,

I have fed twice with half strength GROW in bottled water (pH 6.3) so far. I am feeding every three waterings. I noticed a small hole in one of the leaves and some browning at the tip of that leaf. I think this was from nute burn, when I fed the first time, I got some on the leaves. Could it be because of this? I havnt fed loads and my lights dont give of any heat at all.

phppCWBbSAM.jpg

phpbtgZubAM.jpg

php00AjPQAM.jpg

This is the damaged leaf, the others look a lot healthier. Hope its all gone now.

any comments welcome as usual

quick update,

day 32 of 20/4 light cycle. The plant seems to be perking up now, the leaves are looking healthy and signs of new growth can be seen. Does anyone have any thoughts on how long I should carry on vegging until i start 18/6 and then on to 12/12?

The LSTing method seems to be working well.

tmpphpvWFXUr.jpg

tmpphpTnIgv1.jpg

larger pic

PLEASE comment guys

Back
Top Bottom