Tnoldons Indoor Lemon Skunk Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Heya dude looking good! I'm going to talk about the lemon skunk because to be honest thats all i can talk about lol..

Anyway the leaf problem i had as well, however i have been doing some reading and i think my leaf problem was a nute issue as if the bottom leaves are yellowing from the plant up then this is a sign of nute burn. After flushing im now watering with just water and the new leaves are fine but i think the bottom leaves have packed up. Maybe because of nute burn and lack of light?

Anyway knowledge is power right. Hope all continues to go well! ;-)

You are growing in soil??? How big are your pots??? I cant remember....

I am growing in FFOF soil. The pot size for the lemon skunk is 3 gallons and the pot size for the Ak-48 is 1.5 gallons.

Heya dude looking good! I'm going to talk about the lemon skunk because to be honest thats all i can talk about lol..

Anyway the leaf problem i had as well, however i have been doing some reading and i think my leaf problem was a nute issue as if the bottom leaves are yellowing from the plant up then this is a sign of nute burn. After flushing im now watering with just water and the new leaves are fine but i think the bottom leaves have packed up. Maybe because of nute burn and lack of light?

Anyway knowledge is power right. Hope all continues to go well! ;-)

Thanks bro for the compliment. Both plants are doing well with at the moment a gnat and nut problem, I say they are doing well because the damage is contained in a certain part of each plant (the bottom) most other parts of both plants are a healthy green and dark green color. And the buds on the lemon skunk are now half the size or a regular lighter! I'll post pictures.

Also thanks for the info! You are probably right about the nute burn. I have a theory on this too. At the same time I was adding nutes I was using a new PH tester which I now know was reading more clearly than my other tester and in turn I PH downed my water level way to low. The nutes however I added to much, but the plants both should've been ability to handle it...I was wrong.

I'll try backing off nutes for now and start adding molasses for a little while and then get back to adding nutes in a week. about half the strength of what I was using.

Good luck with the gnats and don't get discouraged. We all went through it a time or two or three, no grow is ever perfect. Think of this stuff as learning experiences and it helps with your 'tude.... :peace:

Thanks Blue, I'm trying hard to save theses plants, but sadly it has gotten even worse. More and more leaves are dying off of both plants and I kinda feel helpless at this point. I'm not sure what else I can do.

Anyway I'll update with some pics tomorrow. I just got this new bud from a friend its called opium not sure if anyone has even heard of it before. Can;t wait to try it though :)

Did you ever get the pantyhose to put on your pots?

Yes I did get them on. I'm not sure how many gnats are still alive but whatever is happening is killing my plants rather quickly know and I'm worried. I've come to far for these plants to die on me now! I'll battle this till I win!

Can you put the pots in a container or tub??? Add water to the bottom and let it sit in about 3 inches for awhile. Keep adding if it soaks up. So you are flooding just the bottom. Drownding anything that is ready to hatch out. Leave the hose on when you do this, coz then they cant escape. Larva may try and crawl up the sides, but shouldnt be able to if it is tight.

Tn my other thought is you've got a nitrogen deficiency, in my grow it started at the bottom with yellowing leaves. Since you're losing them anyway I'd treat for that, in other words feed them.

Tmac what do you think? Could the gnats be causing all this by themselves?

Post some pics when you can Tn... and good luck.

The way I see it,,,,the plant is using the leaves up. Taking all the nutes it can from the leaves. The roots are damaged and cannot take up the nutes the plants need. So you could say it a deficiency, but not one you can fix right away. If you can kill the gnats, the roots will start to recover and the plant will start to grow again. At least mine did.

Hey tnoldon,

I'm joining your grow quite late but I'm here. Hey I saw in your pictures that your containers are not placed over any saucers or plates for the runoff. Do all your containers have drain holes in them?

The way I see it,,,,the plant is using the leaves up. Taking all the nutes it can from the leaves. The roots are damaged and cannot take up the nutes the plants need. So you could say it a deficiency, but not one you can fix right away. If you can kill the gnats, the roots will start to recover and the plant will start to grow again. At least mine did.

Ok that makes perfect sense.

Kill Tnolden, Kill :cheer::cheer:

Ok so I'm taking all your advice. I wont be able to treat them until tomorrow since they are in there dark cycle. I was afraid I gave them too much nuts but is been a week or so since they have had a good feeding. I might try giving them 1/2 strength nuts again so I don't give them nut burn. Also the pots they are in all have holes in the bottom and there is always good drainage. They sit on a black plastic sheet to catch the water.

Here are all the pics I've said I'll post including some bud pics.

Lemon Skunk:
LS8.jpg

LS222.jpg

LSleaf1.jpg

Lemon Skunk Buds:
LS-bud3.jpg

LS-bud2.jpg

LS-bud11.jpg

Ak-48:
AK115.jpg

AK210.jpg

Ak-48 Bud:
AKbud1.jpg

Hey buddy those damaged leaves sure looks like cal/mag def. Is that what all the affected leaves are looking like? Are they just on the bottom? What kind of nutes are you using? And what's up with the gnats?

Sorry for all the q's lol.

Girls are looking great, your ak looks as sweet as mine.

Okay, get serious now!! I cant see the pantyhose in the picture. You need to untie the girls and pull those pantyhose all the way up to the stems. Take a needle and thread and tighten them up around the stems. You can water from the bottom, or thru the top of the hose.

Hey buddy those damaged leaves sure looks like cal/mag def. Is that what all the affected leaves are looking like? Are they just on the bottom? What kind of nutes are you using? And what's up with the gnats?

Sorry for all the q's lol.

Girls are looking great, your ak looks as sweet as mine.

Yes all the leaves look just like that. They are mainly on the bottom but a few are towards the top. I'm using FF grow big nuts, but haven't given them nuts in over a week. I'm not sure whats going on with the gnats I have not seen any in a few days now. Thanks for the compliment I hope she makes it to harvest.

Dude the buds are lookin nice!! Frosty is what you're lookin for!

:goodjob:

Thanks Smokey! Yeah I think they are looking good myself lol I just hope I make it to harvest since I'm having so many issues right now.

Okay, get serious now!! I cant see the pantyhose in the picture. You need to untie the girls and pull those pantyhose all the way up to the stems. Take a needle and thread and tighten them up around the stems. You can water from the bottom, or thru the top of the hose.

I have them on the lemon skunk, but took it off the Ak-48 to see if anything came out the bottom when I watered it. And so far there has been no larva coming out of either plant. I'll do what you say and tie it up to the stem and hope this prevents any further issues. I'm hoping that this issues goes away soon, it would be horrible for these plants to not make it to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom