Tnoldons Indoor Lemon Skunk Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Wow thanks for that info Blue! I was lowering my PH thinking it was to high but didn't even think about the soil making it lower...wow I could be very low maybe in the 5.8 - 6.3 range so I'll fix that right away!

Also I'm stoked my dad helped me make a new and better grow light!! so now 3 plants aren't sharing one they are sharing 2 light fixtures and I let the lemon skunk have a light all to her self :ganjamon: I'll post pictures tomorrow, because they are about to go in there dark period soon.

Nice man! Can't wait to see the pics of the new fixture. More light = more bud!!

:thumb:

Nice man! Can't wait to see the pics of the new fixture. More light = more bud!!

:thumb:

Thanks bro! Yeah I'm hoping to see my buds grow a bit more now with the new light.

Ok so I had a few minutes before lights out and I was bored so I took a few pictures of the room and the plants.

Room:
ROOM44.jpg

Lemon Skunk:
LS124.jpg

Ak-48:
AK28.jpg

Bag Seed:
BS10.jpg

Lemon Skunk Buds:
BUD140.jpg

BUD241.jpg

This is the inner part of the lemon skunk with little to no light getting there and still there are buds growing:
IBUD.jpg

Ak-48 Bud:
AKBUD.jpg

Hey everyone hows it going? So I've started my new job so I can't post as much, but I can say I love this job! Its very challenging but I love being challenged. So I have a few picture posts...mainly being of concern sadly.

So the AK-48 is not looking to good, leaves are very droopy and have yellow and brown spots everywhere. I'm not sure what is wrong. The PH level has been corrected and is at 6.6 the nuts are only added every 3 days. It is about 3 inches away from the light...there has been light issues I do not have a timer on the new light and its been turned off 1.5 hours after the other one so there is still light getting through during the dark period.

This will be fixed by tomorrow but I'm not sure this is the issue. Also can someone maybe explain why my trichs on my buds on the lemon skunk are turning orange/brown? They are only maybe 3 weeks into flowering and not that big...The leaves around them are glistening though! and are a very thick and dark green color.

Also I have seen a few gnats around but only 2 so not sure if there is an infestation I'm not seeing that killing the roots on the Ak. Anyway let me know what you guys think. I'm not to worried about the issues with the AK just yet but I can see it is getting worse slowly.

Also I forgot to mention that a good amount of leaves are dying on the lemon skunk : (

Here are the images :)

Lemon Skunk Bud:
BUD329.jpg

BUD242.jpg

BUD141.jpg

Ak-48:
AK35.jpg

AK29.jpg

AK114.jpg

Looking good Tnoldon:thumb:

Thanks turtle! They look good for know as long as whatever problem they have doesn't get any worse.

Hey tnoldon, not really sure whats up with the AK. If all else fails, flush her to get her back to normal and go from there. As far as the lemon skunk, those things changing color are not the trichomes. Those are pistils and they can start to change from white to orange pretty early depending on the strain. The trichomes can only be seen at a minimum of 30x magnification. 60-100x is better. Those are what looks like powdered sugar sprinkled on your girl!

All in all, looks good man! Keep up the good work!

Hey tnoldon, not really sure whats up with the AK. If all else fails, flush her to get her back to normal and go from there. As far as the lemon skunk, those things changing color are not the trichomes. Those are pistils and they can start to change from white to orange pretty early depending on the strain. The trichomes can only be seen at a minimum of 30x magnification. 60-100x is better. Those are what looks like powdered sugar sprinkled on your girl!

All in all, looks good man! Keep up the good work!

Haha well first of all I feel very dumb for not knowing what I was talking about. So thank you for correcting me lol. I'm gonna take your suggestions and everyone else who said to flush her and see if that helps out. The Ak-48 is a strong plant so I'm sure she will bounce back soon. And thanks for the compliment!

Dont want to be the barer of bad news but.... If you saw 2 gnats, you have a ton more feasting on the roots. Cant remember are you in soil? They like to go in the bottom holes.... flood with something (azamax/neem if you have some)and look at the water coming out.... should have a lot of dead gnats, maybe some larva (little maggots).... water from the bottom too so they can just fly out.... THEY CAN LIVE IN HYDRO ALSO... You can see a lot of gnat damage on my grow during Sunni and Sassy.

Dont want to be the barer of bad news but.... If you saw 2 gnats, you have a ton more feasting on the roots. Cant remember are you in soil? They like to go in the bottom holes.... flood with something (azamax/neem if you have some)and look at the water coming out.... should have a lot of dead gnats, maybe some larva (little maggots).... water from the bottom too so they can just fly out.... THEY CAN LIVE IN HYDRO ALSO... You can see a lot of gnat damage on my grow during Sunni and Sassy.

...I was afraid of that. I actually delta with this before with the lemon skunk when she was only a month old. But that was small scale I've never delta with anything that could be this big nesting in 3 gallon buckets. It could explain the poor health of the AK-48 but the other plants don't have the same issue, is it posable that th gnats only went to one plant?

I am in soil mixed with perlite, If I flush my plant could using something like neem hurt the plant? I've never used any chemical like that on my plant. I hope that if this is the problem that it will be fixed very fast and that my plants have a quick recovery.

I dont think the neem oil would hurt the plants. Did not seem to hurt mine. And you really need to drown them. I let them sit in 3 inches of water for an hour.

Also go to the dollar store and pick up a few pairs of X queen size pantyhose. Carefully put them on your pots. It will stop anything for going in and out of the holes on the bottom.

They go in cycles, you kill them... then the new ones hatch a 3-5 days later. So you must be ready to do it all over again.

Probably mainly in the one plant, but more than likely in the others now, just not far enough to cause visible damage.

Ok looks like the gnat problem is under control for now and most are dead. I haven't seen any of them flying around for 2 days now. I have the timer set on the new light fixture so the light cycle is back on track. The PH levels are looking good on all the plants, but they still have not recovered. The lemon skunk is loosing leaves everyday they are still mostly on the bottom of the plant so it could be from not getting any light. The Ak-48 is looking a little better but has also lost a lot of leaves on the bottom. Lastly the bag seed is getting big and only has one leaf with an issues but everything else is looking good.

You're in that bad place I was in last grow Tn, the plants are sick and you don't know what's going on.

IMO your plants should not be losing a lot of lower leaves due to lack of light. Hopefully it's just the gnats and once they're gone everything will get back on track. Make sure you stay after those things, they kept coming back for Tmac. Good luck!

There is still damage to the roots, wither the gnats are gone are not, at least at this point. Also they come in cycles, so larva could be feeding at this time, preparing to hatch into flyers. Sassy finally started new growth very near the end. So it is possible for them to start growing again. We did not have the time we needed though to let her go more due to the Kush needing to go into that our closet, (grandson visited, hard to explain the plants in the guest room closet.)
You do need to douse them again though. Cant count on them being gone yet.
:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

There is still damage to the roots, wither the gnats are gone are not, at least at this point. Also they come in cycles, so larva could be feeding at this time, preparing to hatch into flyers. Sassy finally started new growth very near the end. So it is possible for them to start growing again. We did not have the time we needed though to let her go more due to the Kush needing to go into that our closet, (grandson visited, hard to explain the plants in the guest room closet.)
You do need to douse them again though. Cant count on them being gone yet.
:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

Yeah I no it's not over at all :( I went in to check up on them and i saw even more flying gnats which really sucks I know they have done damage to both plants and found them all in the lemon skunk!!! I hope I can keep this under control.

Also some bad news, I found out my bag seed was a male :( but it's ok because I was short on room and light. I guess I can only handle 2 plants at a time for now. I'll keep you all updated on the situation

Back
Top Bottom