Help! Seedling cotyledons yellow and dying

Here they are, I still have hope for the seedling, but I don't think she will make it through the night she doesn't seem well. I misted her again the soil was dry.

The lemon skunk is still growing but the yellowing on the leaves is now brown, again not sure if it will continue to spread or not. I'm hoping she keeps growing. My next grow will be different. In the last picture you can see my day old auto flowering santa, it is in rockwool that was soaked over night in ph balanced water and I'm hoping to do this one right.

seedling:
DSC_1790.JPG

DSC_1794.JPG

Lemon skunk:
DSC_1793.JPG

DSC_1795.JPG

Picture of everything, autoflowering santa in rockwool:
DSC_1796.JPG

Yeah the lemon skunk is really hanging in there, but the other one isn't doing well at all. I don't really understand what happened? I didn't water is for a day and bam! its about dead, I should've kept watering it and it would've been fine. I'll keep everyone updated on whats happening. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Overall not a very successful first grow at all. Both my plants are sick and the lemon skunk is so severely stunted even if it does make it it wouldn't be worth flowering. It's not a total lose, I've learned a lot and through my mistakes I'm hoping to have a successful grow one day. If anything maybe some people can learn from me on what NOT to do, I will certainly post about that.

I'm hoping to continue to get information from everyone here on 420magazine, and defiantly keep an eye out on my new auto flowering grow. I cross my fingers that this one goes better then m others.

Ok its now morning the lights are back on my girls and I did find one problem that could be the reason the seedling isn't do so well. When the light timer goes off the heater thats with it that was suppose to be set to turn off in the morning was turned off at night. The temp has dropped down to 68 degrees f, I noticed the new seedling in rockwool started to droop, maybe the low temperature is the reason for the shriveled up plant? I am running the heat all day to bring the temp back to 75 degrees f. We will see if this helps at all.

Ok here is the seedling and in a last ditch effort suggested by OBX I have incorporated a humidity dome, it may or may not work but hey its worth trying.
DSC_1797.JPG

DSC_1798.JPG

Here is the lemon skunk, again she is doing ok, but still eating herself alive, the leaves are starting to fall off, but it doesn't seem to have spread (yet) to the other leaves.
DSC_1799.JPG

DSC_1800.JPG

And here is the autoflowering Santa:
DSC_1801.JPG

The saddest time line ever :( it just kills me knowing how great she was doing, and know she's barley hanging on. She has lived for about 7 days.

sad7.jpg

Ok so the seedling is officially dead and for whatever reason the new seedling that I planted in rockwool that was soaked over night in ph balanced water and feed with ph balanced water is also dead. The only thing alive is the plant that I screwed up the most with? doesn't make sense at all! Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong I have pictures of my set up and grow room. I'm using 2 27watt cfl bulbs on there sides 2 1/2 inches above the plants. the water is ph balanced. I know I prob screwed up using the MG soil, is this the problem? is that why I can't seem to grow anything? if so why did the plant in the rockwool die?

I've seen so many people on here that say its there first time growing and they do fine. I've yet to see anyone screw up as bad as me. I just want to know possibly what went wrong? Any suggestions would help. I really want to give this a second try, but its hard watching them do well and the next day die.

Here are the last pictures of the plants living. The one still living is the tallest one the lemon skunk. Also there is a picture of my set up its tin foil on the sides I'm moving to a new grow area and just using the white wall to reflect light this time.

DSC_1804.JPG

DSC_1803.JPG

All right so news update! I got the new cfl light fixture set up I'm running 4 27w cfl bulbs with one 15w bulb in the middle of the plants. Ok so last you guys heard all but one plant died and that sucks but! The lemon skunk is doing ok and keeps growing, and I've started a new lemon skunk in rockwool so I'll be posting pics tonight make sure to check back and see.

Here is the new set up and new pictures of the lemon skunk plus a new arrival of a new lemon skunk.

New set up:
DSC_2047.JPG

DSC_2040.JPG

Lemon skunk:
DSC_2045.JPG

DSC_2044.JPG

New lemon skunk seedling!
DSC_2046.JPG

Ok so here are some pictures from this morning, both plants are doing good and I can see the first set of real leaves starting one the new lemon skunk seedling. I have her in rockwool so there are no nutes at all to affect her and I'm hoping that the cotyledons don't turn yellow this time.

Lemon Skunk:
DSC_2050.JPG

DSC_2049.JPG

New lemon skunk:
DSC_2048.JPG

Both:
DSC_2051.JPG

Here is the picture from beginning until know. It shows how bad the yellowing has gotten and it has killed already 2 sets of leaves yet she is still growing somehow? No kidding this is 30 days of progress lol its sad but hey she is still going strong so I'll let her live.

forever.png

Got a new hydroponics system and put new seedling in it the color of the leaves looks funny anyone know what this is?
11083.jpg

Looks like rot to me. when it started to sprout did the seed casing cause the two cotyledons to sick together for a while? I had had that happen, they always make it through.

Looks like rot to me. when it started to sprout did the seed casing cause the two cotyledons to sick together for a while? I had had that happen, they always make it through.

No it didn't but the leaves always looked really funny after the second day. they looked normal then started to shrink and get dark in color.Could it be from the light being close even know the are clf's? Also does anyone know how to use a hydro set up? I have the water level high but the rockwool is just barley touching the water bubbles.

Ok so problem was the CFL's it was to close and the leaves turned black but its ok I moved the lights up and the rest of the plant (besides the black areas in the picture) is doing good, she is a slow grower but none the less is getting bigger each day. I'll post a few pics tonight.

Back
Top Bottom