Jims 1st grow - LEDs - feminized Lemon skunk - advice?

not bad, definitely LST. keep up the good work, watch the nutes. i just got burned on my nutes :(

Thanks again guys. I hear this lemon skunk absolutely stinks during flowering. I havnt got any carbon filters, so am I likely to need some airfreshners??:skeptical:
What are the temperatures in celsius that is best for my plant? I think my temperatures can be quite low as Im in the UK. I havnt got a thermometer either so I cant check them either, should probably buy one at some point.

:peace:

Ive got the plant on a continued LED light cycle of 20/4 with the fan running for most of that. Have only fed twice now with half strength Grow for vegging, next time I might go for full strength because thats the last time I feed before it goes into flowering. Im thinking maybe another week of 20/4 and then going to 18/6 for a week before 12/12. Does that seem like a good plan of action?? - I dont know Ive never done this before. How many weeks then will flowering (12/12) need to finish before harvest?

anyway picture updates including the current setup:
phpmZptuIAM.jpg

phpLKrxCoAM.jpg

without the red LED panel
phpCb9RYTAM.jpg

with the red LED panel
phpD1TYxvAM.jpg

phplgouJSAM.jpg

next to a nano for size comparison
php6tirbKAM.jpg

thats day 36 under the LEDs, hope a few people know a bit more than I do about growing and can give an answer to my questions.:thanks:

:peace::rollit::peace:

I've been using the UFO LED light with red, blue and orange at 12". White Widow clones are vibrant and nodes are very close and bushy with no stretching. Using SuperThrive, hydrogen peroxide and VF-11 liquid fert in my RaftRooter for my diesel cuttings .

Sounds good to me Pathmaker1, have you got a grow jounal with your LEDs? I dont think there is any stretching happening to my plant either, the light is close and its not very humid. Im using liquid fert too, mines growth technology 'Grow' for veg and 'soil bloom' for flowering. whats the best method for switching over to different fertiliser when going into flowering??

Is it good to mist the plant now and then if the room is slightly dry? I have been doing this recently and it seems to be looking good still. If anyone can help with my previous questions, that would be great. Thanks to anyone that comments!

I think the female preflowers are starting to emerge from around the nodes. Anyone confirm that for me? Pretty sure its female, as it came from a fem seed. My camera work isnt the best - not quite got used to it yet.
I have noticed a lot more healthy growth happening recently (about time too, in the 6th week now).:snooze:

phpxIyzmZAM.jpg

phpTN10CEAM.jpg

phpozhWsDAM.jpg

phpIAz1p2AM.jpg

phpSkiym0AM.jpg

:thanks: to anyone that helps me out answering my questions and everyone following this grow:peace:

cheers for the advice stizz1e,
I think il take your advice and switch straight to 12/12 when i want lemony to go into flowering.

Thanks pan4gold,
I think another week in veg would also be a good move so I may do this. I havnt topped it tho, didnt want to risk screwing it up. would there be a difference in yield if i did? Be sure to give me a smoke report on the lmn sknk!

It would keep your plant shorter if you have height issues. Just continue what you're doing. The plants look like they're stretching a little.

cheers for the advice stizz1e,
I think il take your advice and switch straight to 12/12 when i want lemony to go into flowering.

Thanks pan4gold,
I think another week in veg would also be a good move so I may do this. I havnt topped it tho, didnt want to risk screwing it up. would there be a difference in yield if i did? Be sure to give me a smoke report on the lmn sknk!

Yes topping will increase your yield.:smokin:
I experimented topping using bagseed also some of my best strains call for being topped at 4th to 7th internode.:smokin:

Pan4

Low strees training or tying works well, you should look into that. Now that i look harder at the pic, i'd say you def need some more light in there.

Hey man good journal so far. The only thing I see is the lack of light. Those Ebay LED panels dont do much at all except look pretty. They really only provide the bare minimum for growth. BeIrie was right when he said you should get a legitimate light source and use the LEDs for extra light. Even one or two CFLs would do you a world of good. When you switch to flower, the LED's just wont cut it.

Not trying to put you down at all man the plant is looking very healthy and green! A 6 week old plant should not be that skinny and short tho. Please look into CFLs, they are a poormans godsend.

Good luck with the grow and be easy man.:peace:

Yeah, i would hafta agree w/ the Dr, since u only have 1 girl, i would give her the best u can.A couple of cfls bout 4500-5500k will do a world of good,but me being a hid man myself,would opt for 250w hps.it would speed growth bout 50%, but if you cant,you cant.also i would veg for another 3 wks so she can develop more branches,if you wanna top her,now is the time.this wiil result in more tops & a bigger yeild. not putting down your methods, just tryin 2 help ya. but i would definately dump the red leds, or just save em for flowering.

typical, I dont come on here for a while and everyone decides to post on my grow. Anyway, thanks to everyone that has posted, ive taken all the advice in to consideration. ive been looking at some grow lights - which do i get hps or cfl?? what is meant by 4500 - 5500K? I was looking at a '250w 8U CFL GROW LIGHT 2700k (RED/FLOWER)' - what does everyone think?

I took some photos earlier, il post them up soon.

Day 44, picture update.

still on veg cycle, using 21/3 to get as much from the LEDs as possible. Probably switch to 12/12 in 2 or 3 weeks, depends if I decide to top or not - probably wont do. I will buy a 2700K cfl for flowering if I can afford it. spent more than id hoped to, but I didnt want to not try growing properly. Anyway..

phpPsVbF0AM.jpg

php7CrQcEAM.jpg

phpZWQN6AAM.jpg

phplYlp1gAM.jpg

typical, I dont come on here for a while and everyone decides to post on my grow. Anyway, thanks to everyone that has posted, ive taken all the advice in to consideration. ive been looking at some grow lights - which do i get hps or cfl?? what is meant by 4500 - 5500K? I was looking at a '250w 8U CFL GROW LIGHT 2700k (RED/FLOWER)' - what does everyone think?

I took some photos earlier, il post them up soon.

Hey King, sorry to confuse you,dude the''k''stands for kelvin,a scale tha goes from 1800(sunrise & candle) to 28,000(north sky) The lower the #,the redder the light & the higher the #,the bluer the light.4500k puts you right @ std.m/h & 5500 sets u @ daylight m/h, just what you need for vigorous veg growth.this scale also applies to cfl's. So the choice is yours,but remember lumens=yield , ( lumens = light intensity) and i'snt that what we all want? I don't mean to hijack your thread,just tryin to help you make sure your girl grows up happy & healthy,bro.

Back
Top Bottom