Jims 1st grow - LEDs - feminized Lemon skunk - advice?

Thanks Nug and Dr for your input on my grow,
Nug- I know I havnt got enough lumens from the LED, but it turned out to be a bit of an experiment. Now I can see that they are clearly not effective enough on there own without something a bit brighter like a cfl. Thanks for explaining that it was the kelin scale, got that now.
What is m/h? is that related to humity? So if I buy a 2700K CFL for flowering will this help to increase yield even though it is lower # than you suggested for veg growth? Im not too bothered if the yield isnt massive as Im sure it wont be, the plant is too small and thin so Im vegging for another two weeks with just LEDs and then going to try adding a red spectrum CFL in when I switch to 12/12. Lemon skunk probably wont be able to support any weight of buds anyway as its been LSTd a load too.

Dr - The CFL I might buy is a 125W or 150W and they sell on ebay in the UK for £25 including pp. and thats without the reflector which is not worth it when I have foil ;-) and without the E40 bulb holder (£15 on ebay).

sorry for the long story but I talk alot when Im moffit. :peace:

Thanks Nug and Dr for your input on my grow,
Nug- I know I havnt got enough lumens from the LED, but it turned out to be a bit of an experiment. Now I can see that they are clearly not effective enough on there own without something a bit brighter like a cfl. Thanks for explaining that it was the kelin scale, got that now.
What is m/h? is that related to humity? So if I buy a 2700K CFL for flowering will this help to increase yield even though it is lower # than you suggested for veg growth? Im not too bothered if the yield isnt massive as Im sure it wont be, the plant is too small and thin so Im vegging for another two weeks with just LEDs and then going to try adding a red spectrum CFL in when I switch to 12/12. Lemon skunk probably wont be able to support any weight of buds anyway as its been LSTd a load too.:

Hey king, sorry for the confusion. i shoulda skipped the abbrev m/h. m/h is metal halide which is a type bulb that emits a bluish,white light. r/h is relative humidity expressed in %. The 2700k cfl is ideal for flowering, but i would get a high watt cfl, remember, the higher the wattage, the higher the lumens & the plant needs all the lumens it can get while flowering. As for the LSTing,that skunk should be able to support a good amount of buds. just train a small fan on the plant 24/7,on low speed,this simulates nature's breezes which will strengthen the stem making them fatter & stronger.So far they'looking great & keep up your dilligence & attention.she will pay you back in the end. & btw, i'll be followin this one hoping for great results-----------------------------------Nug

l

thanks Nug,

Ive got picture updates from yesterday (day 54 veg), just before I put the lemon skunk in to its new home inside the grow box I constructed. Photos of that coming soon. I got the 125W 2700K CFL I orderd, its huge - gives of 9600 lumens, is this enough for one plant? Put that in the grow box with the two LED panels and a fan at the top extracting air from the box. Damp flannels to make some humity in there. Used foil to line the inside with a reflective material.
Switched to 12/12 just after these photos, and watered with 2/3 strength veg and flower nutes into pH 7 water. This is all I could get, hope its not too high.

phpLaRsDjPM.jpg

phpdMdLJFPM.jpg

php9SdpyoPM.jpg

phpmwKQNtPM.jpg

phpDz4F40PM.jpg

keep commenting guys, its really helping. :peace:

54 days in veg (20/4). 2 days in flower (12/12) Quick preview of the new setup...
With the 125W CFL on.
php0sHvmEAM.jpg

with the CFL off, just the LED panels.
phpKekQXdAM.jpg

Any comments on the grow box and plant are welcome :peace:

Yeah, that lil girl looks happy & healthy to me,green&lush just the way it should be.that cfl seems to be really doin the trick for ya. its branching pretty good too, just keep that fan blowin on her & those stems should thicken rite up. the way it looks to me, ur gonna get more buds than you bargained for!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the great work & keep us all posted,i cant wait to see how this young lady grows up for ya!!!!!!!!! -----------Nug

Just saw this thread... I'm running a very similar setup. I'm using top drip hydro instead of soil, and my LED panels are different... they're physically larger LED's and each panel consumes 50 watts. I've got 1 single CF bulb going... a standard "daylight" bulb from the local grocery store. My plants seem to be doing great on the LED's.
I'll be curious to see what your final evaluation is.

Cheers!

Nug - Thanks for showing interest. You are right about the CFL, it has really been money well spent I think - the plant is bulking up at a good rate now.

tead - Your setup is far more superior than mine, and your plants are proof of that. It would have helped massively if I had a CFL in for veg too, I know this for my next grow (Blue cheese, 25%blueberry+75%cheese = :grinjoint:). LEDs are good but not great, useless on there own, as they dont have enough power/lumens I guess.

I will update soon, bud sites are forming nicely now. Fed approx. 0.2 Litres volvic touch of fruit (lemon and lime) :;): then flushed with 0.5 Litres of evian (pH 7) about an hour after.

When should I get the 7 fingered leaves?
:peace:

Thanks everyone!

The 7 fingered leaves have started forming, bud sites popping out everywhere. The plant is having to be moved for 4 weeks, I am going home and will have to take it with me - now this is a stealth job. Hopefully the grow box will help to keep it disguised and keep light in. If the plant has to go it will be a shame, lets hope not! Anyway the soil was dry again today even though I put loads through not so long ago. Didnt feed with nutes, just water ph7 - still trying to keep it natural. Here are the picture updates, lets hope she gets to live so you guys and girls get to see Ms Lemon again.

Just after watering and lights off:
phpAKjEeaAM.jpg

phpCwCY1KAM.jpg

main bud:
phpUn1sueAM.jpg

Red LED panel on:
phpNLkPbrAM.jpg

CFL on:
phpe4iuVTAM.jpg

If this is my last thread, then thanks everyone who posted, ive learnt so much. I will definately be doing another grow after this one!

Ms Lemon skunk is no more! :rip: Also all my lights have been broken! Thanks to narrow minded people, who disagree with my plant.
Shame, she will be missed. Guess it will be a while until I grow my next seeds, but atleast I can do it! And no one will stop me.

Sorry to anyone who was following this grow.

BROKEN?!? Get rid of all the plants and any paraphernalia and then press charges.

EDIT: Hope they left fingerprints.

I cant press charges against my family. My mom didnt agree with me bringing it home unfortunately. Thought breaking the lights was too far though. What does everyone think? Was she right to do that?

Back
Top Bottom