Tnoldons Indoor Lemon Skunk Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Do you have a cal/mag supplement? If not you can use epsom salts for the mag. I'd give them some. It starts as spots, then the whole leaf dies pretty quickly... sound familiar?

Do you have a cal/mag supplement? If not you can use epsom salts for the mag. I'd give them some. It starts as spots, then the whole leaf dies pretty quickly... sound familiar?

No I do not have any supplements at all. Where do you get epsom salts and how is it used? It sounds like what you are describing to me. It started at the bottom with spotting then the whole leaf started dying.

You can get epsom salts at any drugstore or grocery store that has a drug section, it'll cost you about $3.

Just take a pinch and mix it into your water or nute solution... it's a micro element so you don't need much. Half a teaspoon should be plenty. Or do what I did, put a pinch on the surface of the medium and water it in. Use it every time you feed them.

When you can pick up some cal/mag from a hydro store or on-line. The other thing you can do is look for a micronute package that has calcium and magnesium and apply it the same way. Make sure it has magnesium (mg) and not just manganese (mn).

Calcium and magnesium are joined at the hip as far as plants are concerned. And when they don't have enough they're not happy.

You can get epsom salts at any drugstore or grocery store that has a drug section, it'll cost you about $3.

Just take a pinch and mix it into your water or nute solution... it's a micro element so you don't need much. Half a teaspoon should be plenty. Or do what I did, put a pinch on the surface of the medium and water it in. Use it every time you feed them.

When you can pick up some cal/mag from a hydro store or on-line. The other thing you can do is look for a micronute package that has calcium and magnesium and apply it the same way. Make sure it has magnesium (mg) and not just manganese (mn).

Calcium and magnesium are joined at the hip as far as plants are concerned. And when they don't have enough they're not happy.

Thanks for the info Blue! Haha funny but my wife had actually bought epsom salts today for herself so I don't have to go and buy it now, what are the chances of that happening? I'll try putting in on the medium and watering it in and I hope I see some improvements in a few days. I'll keep you and everyone posted on whats happening.

Thanks for the info Blue! Haha funny but my wife had actually bought epsom salts today for herself so I don't have to go and buy it now, what are the chances of that happening? I'll try putting in on the medium and watering it in and I hope I see some improvements in a few days. I'll keep you and everyone posted on whats happening.

Did you test your water for TA (total alkalinity)?

Did you test your water for TA (total alkalinity)?

No I do not have a tester for that. I re-checked all the PH levels and they're about 6.7 right now.

Ok so just an update. I took all the advice I have gotten. I used the pantyhose and pulled them up to the stem on the ak-48 but it didn't go the whole way up on the lemon skunk. I have also used 1/2 teaspoon of epsom salts spread through out the pot on each plant, and Its been a while but I gave them a full strength nute feeding onto of a good amount of PH balanced water hoping this gets them the right amount of food they need to bounce back.

I'll keep you updated on there condition and I hope that the nutes wont be to much for them to handle.

Looking good tnoldon.As for your problems how solid has your ph been and also whats the ph of your run off.Not sure if your flush had a little to do with things as you may have opened up a bunch of nutes in the ocean forest.But I think your getting some good advice.Does seem like a mag def of some sort.All the new growth should be good.:)

PS went to apply for a job opening this morning and there was a line of cars half mile long when I got there.LOL waited for a couple hrs before the security gate people started turning people around to go home.About 100 people there for the job kinda like getting a job at the docs durring the great depression.Never experienced any thing like that before.Crazy

That sounds good Tn. Now just be patient and watch all of your leaves very closely, if you see anymore going bad let us know. Maybe tomorrow some will but it should end very quickly. Good luck!

Looking good tnoldon.As for your problems how solid has your ph been and also whats the ph of your run off.Not sure if your flush had a little to do with things as you may have opened up a bunch of nutes in the ocean forest.But I think your getting some good advice.Does seem like a mag def of some sort.All the new growth should be good.:)

PS went to apply for a job opening this morning and there was a line of cars half mile long when I got there.LOL waited for a couple hrs before the security gate people started turning people around to go home.About 100 people there for the job kinda like getting a job at the docs durring the great depression.Never experienced any thing like that before.Crazy

Thanks bro, No I have not checked the run off in a while I didn't even think of doing that, I'll have to do that the next time I water.

Glad to here you've been checking out some jobs! I know its tough but from what you said you have a unique skill that most employers would love to have! So I have faith in you getting a great job! Wow that is a lot of people though, but as long as you know you got the skill for the job you'll be fine.

That sounds good Tn. Now just be patient and watch all of your leaves very closely, if you see anymore going bad let us know. Maybe tomorrow some will but it should end very quickly. Good luck!

Thanks Blue, Its only the first day and no change for the good just yet. The bad news is that more leaves of the lemon skunk have started to spot and turn brown. I really hope the work I did yesterday will start to show and theses plant will make a full recovery.

T, lets look at the leaf problem :lot-o-toke: hope it's just a quick flush and ph fix.. sometimes when in flower the nutes should be ph'd around 6.0 to get maximum uptake of nutes or "nuts" lol... Fox Farm Grow Big Nuts :rofl:

I hope its a fast fix also, I've been trying a lot and its day 2 so I'll see if by the time I get home if they have started to show signs of recovering. I'll have to try a gallon of "nuts" with a lower PH lol. And also I try to type in "nutes" and the damn auto correct puts in "nuts" and makes me look nuts lol.

Thanks MM!

Ok so its been a little while since I've last posted. So here is the info, the plants are doing a little better they are not great but whatever is killing them has slowed down a lot. More and more leaves are still dying but not at the rate they were so I can say they have recovered some and hopefully they will make a full recovery.

Anyway so here are the photos of both plants. Theres been a lot of change since the last photo update. The buds on both plants have gotten very big and the lemma skunk looks like she is covered in sugar lol.

Lemon Skunk:
LS223.jpg

LS9.jpg

Lemon Skunk Bud:
Bud513.jpg

Bud424.jpg

Bud330.jpg

Bud243.jpg

Bud142.jpg

Ak-48:
AK-484.jpg

Ak-48 Bud:
AK-bud2.jpg

AK_bud1.jpg

Looking real nice TN. Nice and frosty, look sticky~~

Thanks Tmac! yeah she is very sticky, and looks like for now the gnats are under control!

Back
Top Bottom