Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Awesome! :cheesygrinsmiley: blister, er Buckshot always tries for harvest

OK, So, Grace has been chopped and is now hanging in the laundry room. I have time constraints due to work and thanksgiving travel. I NEED to do a Hazmat type bathing because I stink of weed and must go in for an hour meeting at work...then I shall trim Grace.

Tomorrow is my long day at work - then to Mother's assisted living for the holiday

When and how do I weigh Grace? My roommate has a digital scale for his diet (LOL doesn't do much good LOL) so that is good.

I read about dry vs harvest weight...but...they're gonna weigh a lot with stems on them...so what is the point? Not too accurate.

Other than that the temp and humidity is perfect in this laundry room - about 5 to 7 days right?

Only hitch that is really obvious atm is stink. The closet room is too warm and dry - but is isolated from other condos in this building. The laundry room is right next to my neighbors laundry room...I shall be waiting for emergency Grace moving if the stench gets too big...

Thanks for reading through my long thoughts this morning - any and all advice/comments welcome!

:peace:

I tend to wet and dry weigh my ladies just get a dish big enough to fit all bud put on scales tare them so there back at 0grams load up with bud and thats your weight wets normaly just over double what the weight will be dry (when the stems are dry they have a very miniscule weight) as for smell I have found that autos only really smell in the first 24hrs after that they lose the weed smell and smell more like hay and dont get there smell back untill properly cured my dries have all took 3days but smoking the bud when first dried you may be ddisappointed autos really do need a cure every time I harvest a have a sample n think oooft this weed is a bit of a let down (except sweet cheese she was nice even quik dried) but then when they been in jars a while they change big time and will go from hay too potent suddenly ive had buds I thought not even worth selling one day but then try it the next and its blown my mind autos are a funny specimen in all aspects of life seeds plants and buds all take so much more work and skill than a photoperiod you should be very proud :passitleft:

Hey Catman,

I'm glad your better and you've done your havesting :cheer:

I'd weigh both if you can just outta interest. If it's a stress for time, leave it, it's the dry weight I reakon that's what you want to know.

Hope work treats you well :)

The dry weight is what matters. If you can only do one, do that one.

I am not sure what you call "perfect temp and humidity", please elaborate. Here in dry ass Colorado its taking 4 to 5 days flat before the buds become jar-ready. I don't know where you are but assuming a higher RH than here you may have an extra day or two. Although 7 maybe pushing it. It also has to do with how you dry it. What kind of drying arrangement are you planning on?

Also, with the holiday and all, will you be able to check on your harvest periodically starting say 4 days into it to check for snapping stems?

and BTW... dry weight is what matters, yes.

But for guys like you and I who are just growing for our heads, its more of a measure of performance thank anything else. In my case also I like to keep track of how much I am saving over buying at the store.

I lose a little more than 3/4's of the wet weight. It's fun to weigh it right after harvest and try and guess. I've always been wrong, but close. It always dries just a little lighter than I hope for. :)

I tend to wet and dry weigh my ladies just get a dish big enough to fit all bud put on scales tare them so there back at 0grams load up with bud and thats your weight wets normaly just over double what the weight will be dry (when the stems are dry they have a very miniscule weight) as for smell I have found that autos only really smell in the first 24hrs after that they lose the weed smell and smell more like hay and dont get there smell back untill properly cured my dries have all took 3days but smoking the bud when first dried you may be ddisappointed autos really do need a cure every time I harvest a have a sample n think oooft this weed is a bit of a let down (except sweet cheese she was nice even quik dried) but then when they been in jars a while they change big time and will go from hay too potent suddenly ive had buds I thought not even worth selling one day but then try it the next and its blown my mind autos are a funny specimen in all aspects of life seeds plants and buds all take so much more work and skill than a photoperiod you should be very proud :passitleft:

Thanks for the great input scottish, it really helps a lot! I'm keeping all this in mind as I go thanks! :high-five:

Was your bean colored? Just had a browse of grass o matic and it looks as though the may do the same as greenhouse seeds and color code there beans?

I'm sorry I don't remember :straightface: It was a freebie so I didn't pay attention.

I looked into grass o matic but could only afford 2 strains. I'm really excited that it turned out so well really. I think it pays to go with breeders now. The White Widow (Ada) is still going - Dinafem breeder. I am impressed she still wants to thrive after all my maltreatment!

:Namaste:

Happy Harvest Catman! Well done sir. Looking forward to your smokeport on Gracie and pulling for Ada. Hope the dank stays in check, Cheers

:blunt: Thanks colorfuldayze - I appreciate the support! Ada is OK right now :popcorn:

Hey Catman,

I'm glad your better and you've done your havesting :cheer:

I'd weigh both if you can just outta interest. If it's a stress for time, leave it, it's the dry weight I reakon that's what you want to know.

Hope work treats you well :)

Thanks Tassie - doing better really - think I'll keep a cough for a while :cheesygrinsmiley: Honestly I cannot do a weight right now and I'm glad you pointed out I want to keep stress as low as possible right now...

:Namaste:

The dry weight is what matters. If you can only do one, do that one.

I am not sure what you call "perfect temp and humidity", please elaborate. Here in dry ass Colorado its taking 4 to 5 days flat before the buds become jar-ready. I don't know where you are but assuming a higher RH than here you may have an extra day or two. Although 7 maybe pushing it. It also has to do with how you dry it. What kind of drying arrangement are you planning on?

Also, with the holiday and all, will you be able to check on your harvest periodically starting say 4 days into it to check for snapping stems?

Thanks for the input Seraphim - it helps a lot. Right now she is in the laundry area which remains darkish but some side light from the hall. The air flow is good. RH going btw 45 and 50 - temps hover @ 70 plus or minus a degree. It is by far the best place here...so I am stuck, but feel a little lucky I have a place better than the spare room which runs hotter with higher RH right now.

I still don't know my exact schedule - but I plan on spending this Wed/Th night with my Mom. That may be non negotiable - her near death stopped my very first grow attempt this past March...so it is what is is. My roommate can take care of the ONA and smell - but he may NOT touch the harvest. So Friday morning I will see...(??)

and BTW... dry weight is what matters, yes.

But for guys like you and I who are just growing for our heads, its more of a measure of performance thank anything else. In my case also I like to keep track of how much I am saving over buying at the store.

I noticed that in your Journal! I am going to work that out after Ada's harvest - such as it will be...:popcorn:

Photo Update of my day:

H_1_3.jpg

Trimmed in the bathroom on parchment...It was so much more interesting than I knew it would be. Listened to the radio...got sticky

:)

Here are the side branches - top to follow:

H_3_3.jpg

Here is Graces "top"

H_4_4.jpg

Buds feel quite firm to me. Quite sticky and aromatic. I may have been able to let her wait a bit before harvest, but I had to choose early over late and I chose early.

The bits I dried and smoked and vaped pleased me so much more than the Big City weed - I feel very lucky guys. Grace gave me much more than I thought there would be from an Auotflower strain.

All are just hanging out (literally) in the laundry room.

Thanks for stopping by - Thanks for all the help and support :420:

Back
Top Bottom