Making Feminized Seeds Of My Own Auto Strain - Lucky 13 - Using Colloidal Silver

toker69

Hi everyone! :ciao:

I'm starting my second grow journal to record the making of feminized seeds outta my own strain "Lucky 13"

I made the name up myself, because I number all the Rose Buckets I grow in, and one is numbered 13.

I'll be starting 24 regular seeds this time of my own cross of two auto strains "Pink Salad" and "Royal Bluematic"

I'll be using my newspaper pots like in my last grow so I can start up, and sex enough seeds in a small area.

I use CocoTek Coco Coir brick mixed with 25% PBH Rice Hulls as my substrate, and hand water the plants myself daily.

My nutrient is the two part dry formula "Jacks Pro Hydroponic 5-12-26, and Calcium Nitrate."

I have a 25 pound bag of each, and have calculated they will last at least 7 years of continuous closet growing.

My total cost of hydroponic nutrients in a 12 plant 60 day grow is under 2 dollars! :thumb:

I don't have an RO water filter, but do use a filtrete under-sink water filter model #3US-PS01.

I am still using sulfuric acid as my PH down. I mixed it myself! At a cost of 10 total bucks for two gallons.

buds0021.jpg

Here's an example of the cross I made! I'll be growing these out, and making feminized seeds!!

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

You are determined not to run out of seeds in the nearest future, that's for sure! lol

Good work man and thanks for the invite. Looking forward to follow.

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

-------------------------------------
The genetics behind Lucky 13
-------------------------------------

Royal Queen Bluematic

Royal Queen's Bluematic is a relatively fast blue auto strain that is ready in a maximum of 9 weeks from germination. Attaining a height of 75 cm. at most, Bluematic will grow one central cola which will be full of budding sites. Smaller side branches will also yield some bud. It is suitable to be grown both indoors and outdoors with a yield of about 50 - 70 gr. per plant of stoney weed.

Royal Bluematic specifics:

Cannabis genetics: Blueberry x Ruderalis
Type: Indica (60%) x Sativa (10%) x Ruderalis (30%)
Flowering: 6 weeks
Harvest: 8 - 9 weeks from germination
Environment: Indoors, outdoors, greenhouse
Yield: 50 - 70 gr per plant
THC: approx. 15%

Pink Salad F5

Pink Salad F5 is the generation of our Fruit Salad x Pinkbud hybrid, fast on its way to becoming an excellent IBL. The two parent strains get their colour from two different sources. Pinkbud from, Mazar Fruit Salad from DJ Shorts original Blueberry the cross was made to tighten the flowers of Pink bud, and add Pink buds thick sticky resin to Fruit Salad. Expect some wild colours and strong exotic flavours and aromas. This strain has been worked by us to really excel in an AF-SOG (autoflower sea of green arrangement), Selecting for indica plants with the greatest Bud to height ratios. If plant numbers are not a factor it's the easiest, quickest way to achieving a heavy yield. However they can be grown like any other autoflower strain with great results. We have been selecting primarily for pink phenotypes through the generations, a nice proportion are purple expressions. The green pheno's are becoming rarer each generation. Our emphasis has always been on short and fast with Pink Salad, they really grow before your eyes! Potency: The blueberry in Pink salad gives a nice euphoric daytime effect, but helps with sleep and insomnia for night time. We recommend 36 females in a 4x4 area under 600w lighting in 6 to 7.5 Litre pots. Use a high quality organic soil that is light in nutrients and composition. Trim or 'lollipop' the first set of branches to avoid overcrowding. Odour: From strawberry and blackberries through to sour green apples.

Pink Salad specifics:

Type: Dwarf/Indica/Medicinal
Height: 55 to 70cm
Flowering Time: Auto
Harvest Time: 60 - 70 days
Yield: 15 to 30g +
Genetics: Blueberry x Mazar x Diesel

-------------------------------------------
My 32 oz colloidal silver @ 60 ppm.
-------------------------------------------

I bought a 8 oz bottle of 240 ppm colloidal silver on amazon for 20 bucks.

I bought a 32 oz budweiser just to get the 32 oz dark bottle really, but I did drink it. haha.

I cleaned out the bottle.

Poured the 8 oz colloidal silver into the clean bottle then filled the bottle with distilled water, and volla!

32 oz's of 60 ppm colloidal silver!

Some of my friends here at 420 use a lighter ppm, but this worked great for me, so I'm using it again.

You can easily make a 30 ppm mix by just adding a second 32 oz bottle.

Mixing it all up in a clean 1/2 gallon milk jug, and filling both dark bottles.

The dark bottle is for long term storage. A cool dark place is best.

C-SILVER.png

240 ppm colloidal silver, and a 32 oz dark bottle!

I spray my female plant starting on the first day she shows female sex.

Just spray the nodes, and forming buds. Not leaves.

The last time I did this it was a total of 18 days.

I kept spraying until the first male type pollen sac opened.

After that more, and more sac's opened each day!

After five days I'd pollinated everything, and collected lots!! :thumb:

PS: I've read not to refrigerate your colloidal silver. I store mine in my sock drawer.

It's pretty safe to handle. You could even drink it. Just never smoke a CS sprayed plant!

----------------------------
Newspaper seed pots!
----------------------------

Ok so here I go again with my newspaper seed pots. :)

In case you haven't read my other journal I start seeds in these pots, and transplant after sexing.

I'm not sure if it's the best way to start autos, because a transplant can stunt growth of auto strains.

Here's a short video on how I make them. I only use one layer of newspaper in my pots.

[video=youtube_share;H-DzcbzLork]
[/video]

I glue my pots seam, and bottom shut with white non toxic kids safe glue.

This time I'm trying a drain to waste tray I've made outta a 20 oz coke tray.

news-pot-tray.png

I made a SOG type net at the bottom of the tray with speaker wire.

It will hold the news-pots up with a small gap between each one.

I hope this will make it easier to remove the pots at transplant time.

Here's the tray filled with 24 news-pots.

news-pots-full-tray.png

The seeds are regular (not feminized yet), and I'm growing out 24 hoping to get 12 females.

This time at transplant I'm going to use a rooting stimulant.

K_L_N.png

K-L-N by Dyna-Gro. One teaspoon per gallon for about a week.

This little 8 oz bottle cost nine bucks! Owch! Should last me a year at that rate tho. :)

Like I said news-pots may not be great for auto strains, but seem great for breeding autos.

I'm looking for a genetically superior female to change it's sex to a male.

Also I'll be looking for the best plants to take her female pollen.

Starting many plants in news-pots is great for this reason.

First I'll weed out the males, and then pick out the best plants. :thumb:

looking good, why not just use 16 oz solo cups? i re use mine over and over, sturdy and cheap 1$ gets me 25 at the $ store, just wondering,
you'll love having seeds u know are all female lets you germ in its pot it will live in from seed to harvest no transplant shock i noticed the fem autos get bigger than regs might be because they never got disturbed, subbed btw:high-five:

ok im in

looking good, why not just use 16 oz solo cups? i re use mine over and over, sturdy and cheap 1$ gets me 25 at the $ store, just wondering,
you'll love having seeds u know are all female lets you germ in its pot it will live in from seed to harvest no transplant shock i noticed the fem autos get bigger than regs might be because they never got disturbed, subbed btw:high-five:

Yeah the solo cups have been tried by many auto growers already, because they are used by growers who do clones of photoperiod plants, but autos suffer from transplant shock, and have such a short vegetative state they never recover. Most auto growers recommend you start in your final pot. I tried this last time to avoid that shock, and it kinda worked. I'm doing it this time to grow out a bunch of them again, and choose great females. Also I'm adding a root stimulant this time to see if I get any improvement. Do you use your solo cups starting your auto strains? When I get my female seeds I'll go back to just planting in the final pot. Unless I do some more breeding.

I also trying to complete my newspaper pot experiment by using a DTW tray that separates the pots more. The main problem with the last attempt was the pots ripping apart when being removed from leaning against each other. They have much less contact in this tray. I'm also trying that rooting stimulant. If it goes better it may be worth doing all the time.

Thanks for joining my new thread bro!! :)

Yeah the solo cups have been tried by many auto growers already, because they are used by growers who do clones of photoperiod plants, but autos suffer from transplant shock, and have such a short vegetative state they never recover. Most auto growers recommend you start in your final pot. I tried this last time to avoid that shock, and it kinda worked. I'm doing it this time to grow out a bunch of them again, and choose great females. Also I'm adding a root stimulant this time to see if I get any improvement. Do you use your solo cups starting your auto strains? When I get my female seeds I'll go back to just planting in the final pot. Unless I do some more breeding.

I also trying to complete my newspaper pot experiment by using a DTW tray that separates the pots more. The main problem with the last attempt was the pots ripping apart when being removed from leaning against each other. They have much less contact in this tray. I'm also trying that rooting stimulant. If it goes better it may be worth doing all the time.

Thanks for joining my new thread bro!! :)

i have started autos in every way ive done reg beans, solos work well if you do 2 things 1.dont let them get very big and 2. use superthrive to halt any shock that might happen, st is a must in my grow rooms its cheap lasts forever, prevents and fixes a plethora of issues, my fav way for autos is starting them in root plugs or solos, then into 1-3 gal smart pots (depending on the size of the auto) where they get to grow mad roots and can live forever (or till they are done) i just picked up another 1/2 dozen smarties i love them reusable,can grow a plant many times bigger/longer,never get root bound,machine washable, they really are my favorite and autos do great in them, for you i would think 1 gallon smarties would be perfect, solos & st would be good till your starting them in the 1galz ,them tearing and falling apart has to be as stressful as popping them out of a solo cup into a smartie,even more stressful possibly not telling you what to do, just what i would do, in fact i want to do some of my untested auto crosses soon and thats what i will do , im wanting to run new genetics, im getting tired of all the diesely strains , i want some fruity stuff and some indica doms now the sativas are getting old i want some insomnia meds i ran out of gdp lol anyway you got it going on i look fwd to the buckets o beans you'll be showing off in a few weeks:high-five::thumb:

Yeah I almost bought the superthrive. I went with the dyna-gro version instead. The main reason I'm trying news-pots is because they're not solo cups. I'd say I was about 66% successful without a root stimulator. Two of the normal plants I turned male. Four of the twelve weren't worth crap. Six plant remain, and are making my seeds. Now I'm trying to improve my attempt. See if I can get an even better result.

Yeah I almost bought the superthrive. I went with the dyna-gro version instead. The main reason I'm trying news-pots is because they're not solo cups. I'd say I was about 66% successful without a root stimulator. Two of the normal plants I turned male. Four of the twelve weren't worth crap. Six plant remain, and are making my seeds. Now I'm trying to improve my attempt. See if I can get an even better result.

you cant help but get better at your hobby the longer you "practice" superthrive is alot more than a root stimulator its b vitamins,auxins and some secret hormone recipe it works small miracles for me all the time and saved more than a few plants, it 1 of my top 5 must haves for all growing, tried and true, i recommend it all the time, i think its also really important to auto grows to me because it eliminates stress so effectively, just my humble opinion :high-five:

you cant help but get better at your hobby the longer you "practice" superthrive is alot more than a root stimulator its b vitamins,auxins and some secret hormone recipe it works small miracles for me all the time and saved more than a few plants, it 1 of my top 5 must haves for all growing, tried and true, i recommend it all the time, i think its also really important to auto grows to me because it eliminates stress so effectively, just my humble opinion :high-five:

Copyed from Wikipedia

SUPERthrive is a WARF testing lab–certified nontoxic liquid concentrated growth enhancer product for plants, which has been available since 1940. It contains ".09% vitamin B1, .048% 1-Napthyl acetic acid."

Dyna-Gro KLN contains

0.03% vitamin b-1

And two rooting hormones

0.07% indole-3-butyric acid

0.1% 1-naphthaleneacetic acid

Always wanted to try some autos and I woukd have to breed them can't afford all those seeds

I got my seeds on seedbay.com

12 regular Pink Salad autos were 43 bucks with shipping. My first grow was in soil. I grew 6 plants in 3 gallon pots. One was a free fem seed from my buddy. Royal queen seeds - Royal Bluematic. Three of the pink salad were male. Two were female. I just pollinated everything. Seeds take about a month to start germinating after harvesting. So I saved some pollen, and grew out the other seven pink salad right after. Four were female, and I used stored pollen to make more regular seeds in them also. Now I'm making fem seeds outta those seeds I produced. :)

I just checked and you can get 14 regular purple ryder seeds there now for 24 bucks! That's including shipping. Pink salad is still there, but just in 6 packs of fem seeds for 35 bucks. With shipping 43.

Playing around with gimp, and made a logo for my new strain! lol

Lucky-13-logo.png

How do you like it?

I might make a few others for fun.

Ok I was messing with a new logo, and this is the one I like now. :)

LUCKY-13-LOGO-TEST-PIC.jpg

All my Lucky 13 pics in this grow log are going to have my new seed logo. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom