Making Feminized Seeds Of My Own Auto Strain - Lucky 13 - Using Colloidal Silver

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

That one you start spraying the day before you flip to 12/12. :)

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

Yeah I guess I'm not fully understanding what your up to, because I thought you were spraying a Dinafem fem seed. If you're working on regular seeds also then yes you need to sex them first. The process goes a little different for fem, or regular seed types, and auto, and photoperiod seed types. Not that it won't work if you go into flower, and start spraying a bit later. Just that the best results scenarios all involve spraying the plants at the earliest time possible. Sexing is of course needed when sex is unknown. You don't want to assume you changed a plants sex, and find out later you have a real male, and have worked months making regular seeds, but early spraying is preferred when sex is already known, because of using fem seeds. Problems can be avoided by early spraying like plants developing sacs that don't open, and need to be crushed to obtain pollen. So a full reversal is more easily obtained by starting spraying even before sex is shown on seeds you know are female. This approach is problematic when doing a self pollination auto seed. The plant often is to small to spray only half. It needs to grow bigger so you can divide it into working sections, and spray, and not spray separate parts. A photoperiod fem seed should be cloned, and one of the two clones sprayed, and the other not sprayed, but used for making seeds. Because you know the sex of your clones the one sprayed can start treatments on, or before being flipped to 12/12.

Great Information there Toker! yeah, I don't know what I'm up to from day to day either. LOL
I have the auto planned, but was thinking on a couple of non-auto plants too. So, the need for early sexing.

I placed a seed order today too. ;-)

:high-five:

Happy Thurweed day Toker :thumb:

yeah I've spotted five altogether now. not a whole lot, but i should get some seeds

Happy Shatterday Toker :thumb:

Nice. I'm making seeds and have a bunch of sacs. But using ~80ppm homemade colloidal silver. The trick to making it is 30v dc at a half amp and you bring the vessel with your distilled water to almost boiling by sticking it in a pan of tap water and heating it up. Keep it just under the boiling point and start electrolysis. I put a switch in the line to the 9999 silver wire that reverses polarity. So at the 30 minute mark your going to switch polarity and at a hour switch back. Then switch every 10 minutes for the next 40 minutes and then every 3 minutes after that. With the heat and the polarity switching the silver cleans itself. At around roughly 3 hours you should have 80 ppm. A lot of switching- could probably use a plc to do this automatically :)

I got a ton of balls off each branch using this solution. It's red in color up to the light. The solution should go from yellow to gold to red over the 3 hours. Takes too long if your trying to do this at room temperature. It actually looks grey/black if looking at it in normal light. Cool and filter it with a coffee filter. You can use a ultrasonic cleaner before the filter too- it seems to be able to break down some of the silver that won't absorb into the water. From what I understand only 25-30 ppm is actually so small that it's invisable. The rest is large particles when the water reaches that saturation point (little over 25ppm from what I've read). Took a pic for ya- sorry forgot to flip it.

20140301_103702.jpg

That's nice, but I like getting it at amazon. So easy, and under 20 bucks to treat up to 6 plants. I just buy the 240 ppm colloidal silver, and mix it with distilled water. Seems to last almost a year. I would think about making my own if I planed to drink it maybe. I just pour the 8 oz colloidal silver into a clean dark 32 oz beer bottle, and fill it with distilled water. It makes 32 oz's of 60 ppm colloidal silver. Easy! :)

I wonder how they make that stuff.. seems around 100ppm the silver just clumps- maybe the water they use. Yeah got so much colloidal probably throw it out after this harvest. Made some drinkable stuff too but I don't want to turn blue :) Looking like papa smurf

Yeah I'm not into turning blue either. lol
I think that dude wanted to turn blue tho cuz that don't happen overnight.
I drank a little just to try it. Mines clear tho. :rofl:
It works good making sacs so I'm happy.

:) Yeah I hear that.. Might pick up some of that stuff on amazon just to stick a ohmeter on it and see. I guess if it works whatever huh.

Happy harvesting those seeds. Doing the same but got a ways to go

Happy Shatterday Toker :thumb:

a good buddy wont "expect" any repayment, im sure he gave them out of simple kindness and has no expectations other than helping you expand your gene pool,:rocker:

That means something totally different in truckers lingo. Was just up there spraying silver. I got some pics if you want to see how 80ppm colloidal balls look.. It works good on autos- they put up a fight but just grow big ball sacks in the end (about 2 weeks). I wouldn't get too close though might end up with balls poppin in my face.

I'm going to clip that branch in a couple of days and move it out the grow room.. I prune it down and put the branch into a cup of water with a cup catcher above.. Let the balls open on their own and it all collects in the catcher. The branch grows just fine in water- it's weird.. Your taking a branch from a female, turned male, leaving the girl to flower until you can collect the pollen, to create female seeds after manual pollination with a art brush. The female seeds are pretty much identical to the mother. It's the one thing I enjoy about indoors, you can play a plant god penis/vagina doctor. The seeds should be good for a year (or longer if frozen). I might submit my strain too. Seriously thinking about it- but I have to pass around the bud and see who likes it. I don't trust everyone's pallet though- like one guy remember smoked a bunch of pesticide and coughed up a lung. Then said 'good sheet'.. I swear if people knew half the things these outdoor farmers put in their buds :)

20140302_143632.jpg
20140302_143647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom