Veg, Clone, Flower, Force Pollen With Colloidal Silver, Pollinate Mother For Feminized Seeds

mrking

I currently have a 20:1 CBD hybrid growing outdoors and happened to come across an article on creating feminized seeds with colloidal silver. Well, now I have to try it. :)

The strain is a real hodge podge consisting of " AC/DC Clone X Columbian X Thai X Swiss X Nepalese Landrace X (Some sour diesel) ". I got it off an online seedbank, not a sponsor, in a pack of 5 feminized seeds. I currently have two of these growing along with one high CBD Harlequin strain from the same seed bank. That gives me room to grow one more - Canada recreation law.

The main reason I want to try this is two fold - experience and seeds. New to all this and blown away with how expensive seeds are. Damn!!

I'll be making my own colloidal silver as well, which I will document in following posts. There are posts on this forum on how to make your own rig for creating colloidal silver if your interested in it before I get to it. -> Making Colloidal Silver

I am making my own as there isn't really anything that good on amazon.ca and it is stupid easy to do so.

The process for this journal will be.
1. Take a cutting off the mother that is outside in soil and won't be getting pushed to flower until mid August. - DONE
2. Root clone inside - IN PROCESS
3. Plant clone into soil, place in grow tent and only veg until it has recuperated the transplant and is well rooted.
4. Make colloidal silver
5. Throw clone into flow and start spraying nodes with colloidal silver
6. Watch clone start to grow pollen sacks (No idea how long this takes)
7. Let pollen sacks mature (No idea how long this takes)
8. Collect and dry pollen
9. Dispose of plant and clean tent extra, extra well. LOL
10. Use pollen to pollinate mother outdoors on selective flowering areas. This will be a delicate process. :) (I might also pollinate a couple flower spots on the Harlequin for shits and giggles.)
11. Harvest seeds when available and harvest bud when ready
12. Store seeds and cure bud!

Sound like a plan? :D

Follow along for either my success or failure on this one. I'll be looking for advice along the way I am sure. It is my first journal and only my first grow; fourth plant to be exact. Will be interesting. LOL

No pictures for this post. I will start to add the photos either tomorrow or this weekend.

Before I start, anything to worry about?

Weeeeeeeee :p

I took a cutting last week and had it in 6.3 ph’ed water with a cap of 3% hydrogen peroxide. It has started to root so planted it into soil with some rooting hormone and watered again with 6.3 water.

When a couple sets of new leaves grow I’ll through it into flower and start spraying.

Holding off making the colloidal silver until I see new leaf growth.

Well, after a few weeks of the clone getting rooted and then establishing itself in a larger pot, I made up a batch of colloidal silver. A full post on how to make it can be found at the link below, but I will summarize.

I collected everything I needed, boiled the distilled water, added it to the jar, rigged up the batteries to the silver rods using my lead wires, checked voltage and left it for two hours. Once I got it to a ppm level above 60, I stored the solution in a light proof sprayer and have started spraying my clone twice a day; morning just as light comes on and at end of 12/12 cycle just before lights out. First time I sprayed the entire plant, now I am just spraying the nodes.

What I would do differently, would be to wrap the outside of the jar with tin foil (as the post above says to, lol), bring the silver rods closer together (but NOT touching) to make it easier for the current to move across them and use four 9V batteries in series instead of three to speed it up.

We'll see where this takes us.

It’s been about a week now since the switch to a 12/12 cycle. New buds are forming and hopefully will produced pollen sacks.

I sprayed the whole plant on first and seventh day of 12/12 and have also been spraying all the buds sites twice a day with colloidal silver; just before lights on and lights off.

There almost looks like there is a pollen sac peaking out near the bud tip in the close up, just to the left of where the tip comes out.
Fingers crossed. Since I am such a noob I don’t even know what the start of regular flowering looks like yet so now I’m happier. Lol.

Well I can help you with that. Here's two photos of two clones taken from the same mother plant. I'm currently reversing them using STS to breed as a practice seed run.

Here is the reversed female showing off her pollen sacs about 2 weeks after flipping.
20200803_155210.jpg

Notice she did still throw off pistils at the nodes, probably because the clones came off of a plant that was already mature.

Here is a female clone (not reversed), 2 weeks after flipping.
20200804_213217.jpg

You can see a pretty obvious difference between the two.

If all goes well, in a few days I will be putting all 6 clones (3 reversed females and 3 females) together for a pollinating orgy.

Well I can help you with that. Here's two photos of two clones taken from the same mother plant. I'm currently reversing them using STS to breed as a practice seed run.

Here is the reversed female showing off her pollen sacs about 2 weeks after flipping.
20200803_155210.jpg

Notice she did still throw off pistils at the nodes, probably because the clones came off of a plant that was already mature.

Here is a female clone (not reversed), 2 weeks after flipping.
20200804_213217.jpg

You can see a pretty obvious difference between the two.

If all goes well, in a few days I will be putting all 6 clones (3 reversed females and 3 females) together for a pollinating orgy.
That is very interesting!!! Looking at your photos then I am well on my way to getting pollen it seems.

Much appreciated.

A few more days in and you can really see the pods forming now. I’d call this a success!!

Now to wait for maturity, collect, dilute and wait till the mother is ready for pollination.
Who knew this would be so much fun!!

Creating your own seeds has been a very satisfying process.

Today I was able to pull off some mature pollen sacks from the converted female (still a ton on the plant to collect and save for later) and collected the pollen onto some parchment paper (images below). From there I mixed it with about a 1/2 tsp of cornstarch to make it easier to control when applying to the flowering plants.

With this , I pollinated two females of the same strain - i49 High CBD. Chose just to do a single branch on each for now. I am going to also pollinate a HIGH CBD Harlequin (18:1) using this high CBD (20:1) strain when it has more mature flowers.

Bring on the seeds. :)

Today was harvest day. Took the plants to the garage with a cookie sheet with parchment paper on it and a 110 mesh screen and cut off each branch to dump the pollen onto the screen.

It didn’t look like much when I was done until I scraped it up. I bottled it with a small amount of dried rice for safe keeping.

I’ll probably pollenate another couple branches this week to increase my yield of feminized seeds. Will also cross pollenate to my Harlequin plant to see what we can get.

For now we wait for the magic to happen.

What a roller coaster. When end of September hit so did the rain. Plants never got wet but the humidity took it’s toll. Even with fans constantly on them day and night.

Bud rot set in and stole most of the large cola tops from me, even spread to the colas with seeds on a couple plants. Had to check them twice a day and cut off infected areas. Up hill battle.

Had to do a full harvest, three weeks early, of all the plants just yesterday, Oct 3rd. Cut, wash, dry and now in a tent for the ‘normal’ drying. Phew.

That said, I cut all the main colas off and left the seed colas on. Looks funny as hell and I am sure the plants (4) are just a tad stressed, :D, but hoping the seeds will mature for future use.

As it stands, these were pollenate on Aug 27th, just over 5 weeks ago.

If they survive the botrytis, when should I see full seed maturity?

Back
Top Bottom