Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

Home fries...yum! Congrats on your first groups of seedlings :goodjob: you did it!

I'm real excited for you and the possibility of a partial retirement...lol That would be so good for you.

You just hang up a picture of my Avatar in your office.. for the IRS man to see it...He'll understand that you are VIP and your worries are over..

How's this do you ask? Well I have some pull now because I'm the Member of the Month...thanks to you!

I know this thread will be of use for many of us who are fed up with paying outrageous $ for some of our favorite strain seed stock.... Which is why I know that everyone here that reads and learns and takes a bit of knowledge, is going to get you your cake!

G420 has my nomination and vote for BEST GRANNY IN ALL :420:

Hi all,

I'm from Mexico, so forgive my childish english:Namaste:

I'm an old grower here in my country, and I've read something similar in other place, but here's a
:circle-of-love:charming warm love feeling:circle-of-love:
So I want to thank to Granny420 for your beautyful vibes to everybody:thanks:, also, here's something extra, you are showing us that there's failures and success, but you persist until you get results, and for that I applaud you.:bravo:

People like Denny, NotaDrinker, Sisco, BID, etc, I wanna thank you for your cooperation to this tread, I've lerned so much with you guys.

And yeah this is my first post :party:, I'm member since 2008 I've never writen before cuz I didn't know a word of english, but now I read the treads and write posts with less words than this :)

Mojox

Good luck Granny with the IRS. Always a scary deal, but I believe they're a little better than back in the old days when they first established that nasty reputation. You'll get through it.

Don't worry about those early pics. It's all part of the process. They helped me a bunch. I guess we're all learning here, but just remember Granny, everything that everyone has learned here is all because of you, cause you started it. :bravo: Congrats on your latest successes, and remember also that This Too Shall Pass.
48.gif

Norcaliwood had said:
Hey someone kind of asked if there is harm in going to long into seed. Mother Nature lets them go untill they fall out. So I don't think there is too long. I KNOW there's too short....

I for one was asking, and what a great answer.:thanks:

Welcome Mojox!

My project is doing great. I have seeds everywhere. I'll post a few pics this weekend.

well i have some questions guys and "granny awesomeness"!! but first some comments,,,
WARNING MAJOR RANT AHEAD!!!
granny i feel for you on the irs thing i truly hate that organization, they put my sister and her hubby and 2 kids on welfare because being young and trying to start a new business, they made a few honest mistakes in the first year, the irs audited them and decided to make them pay huge crippling payments, gave them no breaks at all threatened to take everything constantly, the irs was always rude to them and me i was babysitting the babies and answered the phone and door, i was there all the time and even lived with them for a year of this nightmare in the end in the 3rd year of the company they were forced to file bankruptcy and sell everything to "pay back" the money they owed to the irs!! and a month later my sister had to apply for food assistance,!!! first time in her life, having been there holding her hand the whole way i know they did nothing deliberately fraudulent and they tried to do everything by the book from day one, but it was never good enough for the irs ! even making double payments some months, the math never made sense because by the irs calculations they owed more than the business made!! in that first year! outrageous! the end was they lost the business ,home,both their cars (not new both vehicles were purchased used to save money) they even sold their personal items like coins,tv's and tools, to satisfy the supposed "debt" it destroyed their credit and they ended up living in a trailor on food stamps!! the american dream??? they are doing great now 2 years later both have great jobs and are buying a home and have new vehicles because they are hard working smart ppl, but if you ask me the "man" really discourages the little guy from being anything but an employee!! sad and scarey to me, ok im sorry for the rant but its a very tender touchy area for me, im getting off the soap box now!!
OK RANT OVER!!

granny im wishing you mega good vibes for you to sell and get what you want! it will thrill me to see more of you around here!! maybe you can allow yourself to fully submit to purple fever!!hehehe :thumb: :adore:
look at this baby in my garden and her boyfriend!
DSCI0848.JPG
DSCI0737.JPG

good luck with the irs thing, im rooting for it to be easy and over fast!
ok now for my questions!
i have some auto seeds some are fem, some regular, i have germmed 3 regular autos, 2 mi5's ,1 Himalaya blue diesel , and 1 fem cream caramel auto, now my dilemma is for fem autos ,,if i want to create fem seed from a fem auto, im assuming i will need 2 ,how long after the first seed is germ'd should i wait to germ the second ? i would like to pollinate the second plant with fresh pollen if at all possible, but if not i'll freeze it,,does it have to be frozen or will the frig work? in any case i need to know about the time frame i have with the CC auto , how long did you treat the cc to get viable pollen and how long from seed did it take you? im gonna go back and try to find that info in this long ol thread! lol
with the regular autos i will just breed according to what ever i get male/female wise and after i have a good supply of seed i'll shoot for fem seed then (a few months down the line) i will have a second cc fem auto soon, (*wink* been looking at websites all morning ) bout 10 more days for that 2nd c.c.f.a., i hope my HBD turn out female, she will get cc pollen too, and the plan for the mi5's is breed male to female, cuz im gonna be getting 1 of each(fingers crossed),,, ok enough babbling, i await anwsers, from whoever has the info!! :high-five::thumb::circle-of-love:

Bigirishdoode,

Sorry your sis and family had to go through that shit. Glad to hear they came through it ok. That's great. I think Granny will do fine.

Can't offer any help on your auto, since I haven't done one, but that timing is important. I think I remember Granny posting on it, (somewhere back there), but when she gets back here, she'll probably have the time frame right off the top of her head.

I did all my pollination fresh as well, but I'll offer this based on what I've read, and a little logic. There's been plenty of cases documented that worked fine after several months of being refrigerated. I've read claims of success after more than a year of being frozen. My logic says the big risk with either, is moisture from condensation. So, removing as much moisture as possible prior to storing cold is probably very important. A few pieces of rice seems to be a popular way to do that. And if you are only storing for a short time like a couple months or less, then refrigerator seems to be the safer method. A refrigerator maintains a temperature of about 38 degrees F., while a freezer is usually below Zero F. That's a much bigger change when coming back. In either case, completely sealed is best, (I have my film containers sealed in a food saver bag). And probably the most important thing is to NOT open the container after removing from cold until it has time for the item, (inside) to get back to room temp. If frozen, come back gradually, like maybe freezer to frig for a few hours. Anyways, Good Luck!

:love::love::love::love::love:LUVIES TO EVERYONE!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

NotaDrinker... Hey, hon - I haven't seen a link to your journal in your signature yet... make sure you let us know the link so we can visit! I'll bookmark it and visit as soon as life slows a bit!!! But please keep comin' on in here cuz I sure love seein' you and you've taught me and others here a bunch!!!!!!! Oh my does it sound like you've got some WONDERFUL strains coming up!!!!

Sisco - CONGRATS HONEY!!! Kept me teeth in my mouth and YOU GOT IT!!! I wish you did have some pull with the i r s - actually I postponed my appointment a couple weeks so I could make sure I had all the reports and info together that they requested I have. I'm still deep in chaos (shit!!!) here at present - EEK!!!!!

Sisco and NotaDrinker - I'll take that best granny award!!!! NOW!!! Where is it??? What is it??? lol

:woohoo: GOT IT!!!! IT IS THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING I GET WHEN YOU ALL SEND GOOD VIBES MY WAY!!!!!! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Mojox - :welcome::circle-of-love::welcome: I see you've felt the love too!!!! And we got your FIRST POST!!! :thanks:!!! :420: is our home, I hope you find it yours too!

Denny, :thanks: so much, honey for your well wishes - it helps! No, they are not too bad, it's just a matter of having all the appropriate info ready for them. I see you wrote about how long to leave them go to seed, I am going to address what's going on here on that subject in just a little bit. And :thanks: honey for jumpin' in to respond to others!!! BLESS YER HEART!!!! I SO LOVE EVERYONE HERE AT 420magazine!!!!! SO SUPPORTIVE!!!!

Irish!!! So very sorry to hear about your sis's family troubles with the MAN. They do penalize and charge interest, etc in HUGE proportions. I have never understood how they can charge the citizen's all that if their quarterlies (or whatever) are not paid timely, yet when citizens have a refund coming it means they used that citizen's money all year and didn't pay that citizen any penalties or interest! That's all I will say too - cuz this is an awful sore subject for MANY!!! (Granny stepping off soap box - but could go on and on and on and on!!!)

Now, to answer your question (altho someone may have already done this and I just haven't gotten that far yet)... I say wait until you see pollen sacs and stop spraying on the CS treated plant (or LONGER) before even popping an auto strain seed to pollinate. It takes weeks after that point to produce viable pollen, and then these treated plants seem to keep producing more sacs which continue maturing for quite some time. You will have a number of weeks to collect pollen once it starts being viable and you can always freeze or refrigerate it if the female to pollinate is not ready yet - but you can't slow the flowering female down once she begins her flowering.

The CC produced pollen for a a LONG TIME once it started. My female in waiting was LONG harvested before the pollen was viable (started at same time). I have now used that pollen on a couple other plants (purple included). I sprayed that plant completely (turned entire plant as it appears you did on your GORGEOUS PURPLE - and GREAT JOB!!!!!) for around 4 weeks, starting when it was a little hummer. After stopping spraying, it was at least 5 weeks to viable pollen, but it produced pollen for a very long time (over 6 weeks - I think 2 months+ before I took it out!) after that. I would suggest to you to just spray the bottom 2 to 3 nodes worth of growth on this one so you can harvest the top to smoke. My CS treated plant was small due to total CS spraying, while the female in waiting grew a nice huge top cola and was two plus times taller than the treated plant. Get yerself a nice top cola! That is an awesome auto strain - very powerful smoke and total saturation of trichs. And yes - that plant had flowering buds that kept coming - but then eventually they shot out their own nanas. And no... not a single seed on that plant, but it was the energizer bunny cuz it kept putting out pollen for a LONG TIME.

My HBD was an awesome smoke too. It had elongated, light, buds and had a taste that was definitely the Diesel taste. Wonderful plant!!! Not as heavy colas as the CC, but it was a huge top cola too!!! This is the strain of my FIRST FEM SEEDS UP AS PLANTS (report coming next).

Wow! I am thru the messages so I'll be back in a few with a short update!

What??? No OG or Mr Krip???? Well... granny's thinkin' about the two of you anyway!!!!! :love: I sooooo :thanks: both for answering questions for everyone in my absences!!! MAJOR THANKS!!!

:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

UPDATE TIME!!!

FIRST FIVE HBD FEM PLANTS UP AND GROWING...
I popped 5 of the 10 HBD (auto Himalaya Blue Diesel) seeds and all five popped for me. All are small plants now. MY FIRST FEM PLANTS!!! I will take pics after they show pre-flowers in a few weeks. For now, they are just lil hummers.
NEXT FOR THEM... Since I don't have a lot of seeds of this strain, I am going to CS the lower 2-3 nodes of the best looking plant. When it is putting out good sacs, I will pop a couple more seeds in case the top is too far along to pollinate when the pollen is ready. And this time I will pollinate once weekly until I see a TON of seeds!!!!

Ladyburn 1974, Widow Ryder, and Pineapple Chunk...
These plants are three that I have not SEEN seeds on and it has been driving me CRAZY with worry that I didn't get them pollinated!!!! So today I did something that let me know IT WILL BE LONGER!!! EEK!!!

Today, I took one of the top buds off the Ladyburn to check and see what was in it. The last time I pollinated this one (I did repeated pollinations for a month) was Jan. 15th, over 6 weeks ago. I didn't even look all the way thru all the bud (will let the remainder dry before squishin' on it).. I took one smaller bud off the side of it and checked it. I've never seen a seed on this plant, but wah-lah... FIVE good seeds (!!!!), and a number of small newer growths that appear to be seeds in the early stages (??? - similar to what I found in the auto Mazar) and some that were not fully ready (whole seeds, but still not finished).

I am certainly doing a happy dance:slide: at having seeds inside this one!!! This is a regular strain (not an auto), so I am going to leave it at least a couple weeks more to finish making even more seeds - but given what came outta that lil bud, I expect to have hundreds in the end from this plant. HUNDREDS OF FEM SEEDS - YES!!!!

Then I did the same thing with the Pineapple Chunk (that stinky but extremely powerful strain!!!), another regular (not auto) strain. However, all I found in that one was again the small lil things like I had in the auto Mazar and like in the Ladyburn. Now I am thinking these possibly are seeds that just need more time to develop??? I will find out cuz I'm going to let this one keep going at least another month to see what, or if, anything develops. They are hard lil things that sure do look/feel like the start of seeds. Guess the MJ Goddess is teaching me patience with this experiment!!!

The auto Widow Ryder... it reminds me a lot of the auto Mazar and CC in structure - a nice top cola for an auto strain. This is the plant I sprayed all of for 8 days until I figured out it had to grow more nodes taller to begin flowering, then just sprayed the bottom until it turned. The bottom turned completely, the middle is a mix of pollen sacs and bud, and the very top appeared to be all female bud. I have never seen a seed in this dense bugger either and I have pollinated numerous times and it still continues to have pollen within it that I can take if I dig a bit. I pollinated it again at the end of FEB. cuz it does keep sprouting new pistils. So it has been pollinated repeatedly for 8 weeks!!!! It changed quite some time ago in appearance (after pollination) and does NOT look like the female I harvested of this strain... but I still have not seen a seed. I want this one REAL BAD.

Also - I used the Widow Ryder pollen the end of FEB (same day, same pollen as used on the WR that day) on one of the purple auto Blue Himalayas I have going. Within 2 hours of pollination every pistil on the BH had wilted... It sure looks pollinated to me and I hope to have visable seeds soon, but am still watching for them at the moment. This next week should let me know cuz the changes in the plant sure look like it's pollinated.

Back the the WR... Twice I took a bottom mixed sacs/bud off this plant to see what was in them... cuz I've had a number of treated plants that had treated parts that grew bud, but eventually sprouted nanas and sacs outta those buds and didn't leave me any visable female parts in the end (and took forever doing all this!). I am still hoping that mixed sac/bud middle section gives me some seeds just like a hermie plant would - but it sure isn't yet!!!

The two buds I took off the lower section did not have seeds or anything appearing to be the start of seeds. I did find nanas ready to pop outta some pods and many other pods just seem to be female characteristic buds. Surely this plant will do something for me??? But evidently it is not ready to do so yet. Again, this plant seems to be an energizer bunny that keeps going on forever!!! This is an auto strain (began flowering a month after the others tho) and I just didn't expect any of them to still be around doing this after FIVE MONTHS from seed!!!

I just keep hoping that in that massive top cola I find a bunch of seeds... but since the plant is still green and appears to live on forever, it may just need more time?? I am now suspecting the auto Mazar may just have needed more time to make it's seed than other strains and that I jumped the gun on harvesting the entire plant when I did. I guess I'll find out with the strains I'm leaving longer here!

I have read that it can take up to 12 weeks for some strains to produce seed... I don't know, but I will just let these plants keep going for the time being. A couple more weeks, I'll check a bud again and we'll go from there.

I absolutely know I have fem seeds in a few other strains cuz I have seen them... Mataro Blue and Red Dragon are among them.

WHAT I AM DOING NOW IN CS TREATMENT DUE TO WHAT I'VE LEARNED...
I see no reason to spray an entire plant. I am now spraying only the bottom 2 to 3 nodes of growth. It is enough to give plenty of pollen in the end and it allows me to grow and harvest the top.

I have sacs on a few other strains with clones in the veg room to pollinate when the pollen is ready... this includes Master Kush, Afghan Kush Special, Pre-98 Bubba, and G13Haze.

And before I'm done, I have White Widow, Holy Grail (free seed), Confidential Cheese (free seed) and another unknown seedling from my first grow that someone saved for me, but didn't remember what strain it was from.

PONDER THIS... FEMALE POLLEN AND HOW IT RELEASES...
Ok... I have said a few times that I don't feel most female pollen sacs "drop" their pollen like a male does. BUT BE AWARE SOME DO WHEN YOU READ THIS!!!!

The Red Dragon clone that I CS treated had a few branches. When I began spraying that one, I left one branch completely untreated hoping I could pollinate it with pollen from the other branches. When this plant grew sacs and I stopped CS treatment, I put this plant in the closet with the rest of the plants I was turning and done spraying. I knew I risked having that RD's budding branch pollinated by something else in the room...

After a couple weeks in the closet with the other plants, I noted that every pistil on every bud suddenly died in the two days since I had last looked at it. At that time, I thought the branch had been pollinated by something else. NO. It has no seeds (which I have clearly seen on the RD clone I did pollinate since that time with this RD's pollen) and never did sprout another pistil or any further bud growth.

So... why is it that this budding branch could be in a closet full of female plants with tons of pollen sacs and NOT get pollinated???? I had HBD, CC, BB, WR, Mazar, Ladyburn, Pineapple Chunk, Mataro Blue, Aurora Indica... and probably more strains ALL in that closet with this plant. It never got pollinated with all those plants and a kazillion pollen sacs viable.

If there had been one single male plant in that closet - every bud in there would have been pollinated. I know it.

My first grow, I took plants at 5 and 6 weeks if they thru pollen sacs out of fear my entire flower room would be pollinated - never again FOR ME. After seeing how long it takes for that pollen to be viable and this branch NOT being pollinated... well... I sure won't take a plant early for this reason when it has it's best 2 to 3 weeks of flowering left - I'll let it finish!!!

So ponder that one and I'd love to hear any thoughts anyone has on that!

I spent way too long here today... but sure have missed you all. I SOOOO wish I had more time to spend in here. Maybe this next year will bring the changes to my life that will allow me to be here more!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! Keep the :420: home fires burnin'!!!!!!

:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

thanks for the detailed answer granny, i have decided im not gonna do cs for a while i need better working space and environment and i think im just gonna grow out and try a few strains i'll breed regulars as i can, with what males i get, my purple#1 went hermie i noticed today so lots of fem seed will be had anyway (it was light stress) im not even sure if i will like cc enough for all the hassle, perhaps im feeling a little discouraged for now, i have not even finished 1 strain of my "known" genetics!!, that time it takes to do the autos defeats the whole purpose i got them in the first place, i will just stick to the regs if i do cs, and most the auto seed i have is not feminized,(easy to breed) i just re read this whole thread and wow a wealth of info! you and all the others are doing serious work!:thanks::goodjob::high-five:

PICTURE UPDATES

INCLUDES PICS OF READY POLLEN SACS!!!

AND PLANTS DEFINITELY PRODUCING FEMINIZED SEEDS!!!!!

Okay, I took time today to take some pics cuz things are FINALLY progressing enough to give a better report!!! I know I will pay for this later today when I get to my work - but OH WELL!!!

We are going to take a tour of the old closet I have been using for CS treated plants and now for some small seeded plants too. We will start with the back of the closet where a number of plants are simply growing on for viable seed and move forward thru the plants to those treated with CS...

PINEAPPLE CHUNK (left) AND LADYBURN 1974 (right)
03-09-2012_LBandPC_FemSeeded.jpg

The clones CS treated to produce the feminized pollen for these two clones were part of my original plants for this experiment. Both were clones taken from the same plant (for each strain) but a few weeks apart. CS treatment on the first clones began Nov 2, 2011 and continued to the end of Nov.

These clones that awaited the pollen produced on those clones, were put into flower on Nov 28th as small clones just rooted and taking off. I began pollinating in late Dec and continued approximately weekly pollinating thru Jan 17th.

These two plants were pollinated around the same times - and as you can see from the many tags, I re-pollinated a number of times. I can not see any seeds on either of these two plants, but did take a bud from each.

This is what I got for PURE STRAIN FEMINIZED SEEDS from the bud I took from the Ladyburn 1974...
03-09-2012_LBFemSeedsFrom1Bud.jpg

You can see there are finished seeds and unfinished seeds - and more than 20 of them out of ONE bud!!! I am giving the Ladyburn longer to finish the seeds in the rest of the plant.

The Ladyburn also had a number of little hard things that I suspect are seed starts??? Whatever they are - the Pineapple Chunk bud had ONLY those. Since I used the same type/color/stage of pollen sacs for both of these plants and both were at the same stages of flowering with every pollination, I just wouldn't know why one would be seeded and one not.

However, since the PC had a few pistils still going, I re-pollinated it again just this last week. I'm not in a hurry since I won't be planting much more for seeds for awhile (trying to wind it down here with last round going into flower this month).

Then let's move on to the AUTO WIDOW RYDER...
03-09-2012_AutoWidowRyder.jpg

This plant's mate in waiting was harvested long ago, but this one keeps going on and on.

This plant was seeded Oct 5th, 2011. I began CS treatment Oct. 27th and sprayed for about 4 weeks. However, this plant got a mixture of CS treatment... All sprayed for 8 days, then only bottom, top grew after that, bottom turned totally and has been removed.

The mid section of this plant is STILL giving me pollen! I used some last week on the pistils still coming out in the top of this plant AND on one (of 5) of the auto purple Blue Himalaya plants I have started. Within 2 hours all pistils had wilted which gave me a good indication it took - I am watching for seeds. If it took, the WR surely should too. But as for seeing anything for seeds on this WR plant - again, can't see a dang thing and this is one dense plant.

Here is a mid section area of this plant from below it...
03-09-2012_AutoWidowRyder_CSPollenSacs.jpg

and a bit closer...
03-09-2012_AutoWidowRyder_CSPollenSacsClose.jpg

I did remove a bud from the mid section a couple weeks ago to see if this mixed bud/sacs area had created it's own seeds - but nothing. I also took a bud from the upper area the other day and think it is starting to make seed deep within, but found no seeds yet. What the heck?????

I DO have high hopes for this one producing seed before she is done, but my goodness is it taking a frickin' long time to do this!!! I pollinated the top numerous times - as I said, even again this last week when I used it's pollen on a purple auto and it appeared to be viable (all pistils wilted back within two hours of pollination).

But evidently I won't know for awhile yet... so I stuck it in the very back of the room (it's bein' naughty taking so long, so it's in a time out corner!) lol

Moving on... the DEFINITELY SEEDED RED DRAGON is next...
03-09-2012_RDFemSeeded.jpg

This one got the same treatment as the PC and LadyB. Two clones from the same plant used, taken a few weeks apart. The CS treated plant was not documented here cuz I had too many plants going to document everything on every strain!

I used RD feminized pollen on all but one branch of this plant. I wanted to know if I was taking viable pollen, so the first pollination was one branch with fem RD pollen and one branch with male Papaya pollen. Both took just fine and showed me seeds within 10 days to 2 weeks. I put pics in here at that time. Since then, I have re-pollinated all branches accept the Papaya crossed branch. RD is definitely going to give me lots of feminized seeds!

The AUTO CREAM CARAMEL I began with, I CS treated the entire plant and it's mate finished long ago (a very very nice strain with a large dense cola)... Thus, when the pollen was ready I had no female. I used that pollen on the lower section of the auto purple BH (that one will definitely be a good giver with all the seeds I'm getting off of it!)

Here is the plant and section that is crossed with auto Cream Caramel...
03-09-2012_CCFemPollenSeededPurpleautoBH.jpg

I didn't take pics, but I see *purple* seeds. I seeded the upper part with it's own strain (male pollen) earlier than this lowest section (and got a couple hundred regular seeds), so I'm still waiting for the seeds to finish on this part. I also see a number of hermies coming out to play since this plant is so old, so I'm gonna let them finish too. All seeds from this area will be feminized.

I also got 5 feminized seeds from a couple smaller branches on this purple plant from crossing it with the auto MAZAR (which I didn't get seeds from and now think I may just have needed to wait longer for!).

That was the tour of the BACK of the ol' closet I'm using and here is a pic of those before I move on and block them from view!
03-09-2012_BackClosetGroupSeeded.jpg

Those were the plants that are in the closet just to finish seeds for me. While I'm on the subject, I'll stick in a pic of the seeded ladies I am waiting on in the flower room...
03-09-2012_LargePlantsWaiting4Seeds.jpg

Above, these ladies have been harvested accept for seeded branches and/or branches that are throwing a few hermies due to being so aged (the other way to try to get female seeds). From left to right:
Aurora Indica: Seeded with AI fem pollen on one side and crossed with a male papaya on the other side.
I have NOT been able to see seeds on either branch that was pollinated.
Trainwreck: Seeded with TW fem pollen on one branch and crossed with a male papaya on the other. I have NOT been able to see seeds on either branch that was pollinated.
2 Papayas - which looked very different from each other, as well as the 3rd papaya I have going: I used male papaya on a branch of each and crossed one with Mataro Blue on a different branch.
Not Pictured is the Mataro Blue that is finishing it's seeds in a different area of the room. I have seen seeds on this one, both feminized MB and cross with male papaya.

Back to the closet... the rest of the plants are some of the most recent plants I have CS treated (accept for bottom of 3 newer purples).

PERFECT TIME TO HARVEST FEMINIZED POLLEN...

The next plant is a Vanilla Kush that was not included previously in this journal. I include it now as the perfect picture of WHEN TO TAKE POLLEN... my earlier picture was probably more suggestive of on-the-edge of ready (got less seeds). Here is the CS treated Vanilla Kush...
03-09-2012_VanillaKush_CS4Pollen.jpg

This clone (and it's clone mate) were taken from a female VaK pretty far into flower, so they had to revert to veg before taking off. This is the first one to take off - the other is just about 4 weeks into flower and just got it's first pollination from this one.

I began CS treatment on this plant on Nov 17 and treated it for 3 to 4 weeks. The pics below are the plant today. Now it has a ton of pollen sacs ready. Actually, I have already taken and frozen some pollen from this plant the last 2 weeks, but it still keeps on giving it to me. Below is a closer image of the pollen sacs...
03-09-2012_VanillaKush_CS4Pollen_SacsReady.jpg

The sacs aren't "dropping" the pollen onto the leaves below them as a male would do. However, when you remove the sacs with tweezers the pollen does "drop".

As NotaDrinker taught us all - THE POLLEN IS DEFINITELY VIABLE WHEN IT DROPS ON IT'S OWN!!!

Here is a bit closer pic...
03-09-2012_VanillaKush_CS4Pollen_SacsReadyClose.jpg

The color of the pic is a true color. They go from green to yellow, to a whitish/tan/brown. They fall off easily when you touch them.

And even if they didn't "drop" the pollen so you could see it when you removed it from the plant (I didn't see that a lot - but maybe it is me ol' granny eyesight!!!), a bit of shaking in the container should allow you to see some. I did figure out that if I couldn't shake any pollen out when fresh, it was most likely not viable.

:thanks::thanks::thanks: NotaDrinker!!!!

MY METHOD IS NOW TO USE CS ONLY ON THE BOTTOM 2-3 NODES OF GROWTH...

Next, I'm gonna show why I suggest spraying only the bottom 2 to 3 nodes of growth and leaving the top of the plant unsprayed. The plants are going to get bigger...

Here is a small Afghan Kush Special clone finished with CS treatment and moved to the ol' closet...
03-09-2012_AKS_CSBottom2NodesOnly.jpg

And here is some of the bottom that has turned...
03-09-2012_AKS_CSNodesCloser.jpg

And here is a Bubba Pre-98...
03-09-2012_Bub.jpg

and the treated part closer...
03-09-2012_Bub_CSTreatedBottom2Nodes.jpg

And a Master Kush...
03-09-2012_MasterKush_CSTreatedBottom2Nodes.jpg

and it's treated parts... this one is the third out of all these plants that actually "dropped" it's pollen like a male... it was just a few ready earlier than the rest, but I used it!
03-09-2012_MasterKush_CSBottom2NodesClose.jpg

So now the closet fills up further...
03-09-2012_MidClosetGroup.jpg

But I still have one gal with the bottom 2 nodes treated...
The G13Haze...
03-09-2012_G13Haze_CSBottom2Nodes.jpg

and a bit of her treated parts...
03-09-2012_G13Haze_CSTreatedClose.jpg

One thing to note in this pic is the mix that is present now. I didn't spray so long that all the pistils (hairs) were turned. They were in some areas, so I stopped. This area shows the mix tho. When I saw this type of mix early on, I thought maybe it would be just partially turned and would produce seeds from the mix - NO!!!

What happens is that the parts totally turned will produce fem pollen the earliest. The parts with pistils will take quite some time, but eventually the pistils will die, the pods will open up, and more pollen sacs and nanas will sprout. This will keep the plant producing pollen for quite a long time.

I had this happen numerous times with the only plant that didn't do this being the Widow Ryder and I'm not so sure it won't still do this in it's mid section. The very top of that one did not produce sacs (grew after I quit spraying), so it is the main part I have pollinated.

THE END OF THE CLOSET TOUR!!!!

Well that took me a bit, but it was TIME!!! This next month I hope to show a bunch of FEMINIZED SEED PICS and PICS OF THE FIRST FEM PLANTS (Auto Himalaya Blue Diesel) from my progress here!

:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

thanks for the detailed answer granny, i have decided im not gonna do cs for a while i need better working space and environment and i think im just gonna grow out and try a few strains i'll breed regulars as i can, with what males i get, my purple#1 went hermie i noticed today so lots of fem seed will be had anyway (it was light stress) im not even sure if i will like cc enough for all the hassle, perhaps im feeling a little discouraged for now, i have not even finished 1 strain of my "known" genetics!!, that time it takes to do the autos defeats the whole purpose i got them in the first place, i will just stick to the regs if i do cs, and most the auto seed i have is not feminized,(easy to breed) i just re read this whole thread and wow a wealth of info! you and all the others are doing serious work!:thanks::goodjob::high-five:

:love:IRISH!!!:love:

Honey, it sounds like you will have a ton of seeds from male pollination - so it isn't like yer gonna have a shortage!!! The only other thing I can suggest is to just treat a plant or two (bottom 2 nodes) and then freeze/fridge the pollen when it's ready. Then it would be available whenever you are. But it sounds like you have a number of irons in the fire as it is and yes, this is a lot of work when doing a lot of strains!!! Maybe next year!

For the purple throwing nanas - how old is it? A lot of strains do this later in their life (without stress) and as you noted, it is also a way to get feminized seeds. I have a few strains throwing them, but all are past their harvest dates. My purple is definitely throwing a bunch of them, but it is a 8 to 10 week from seed to harvest auto strain and I seeded it Oct 5th... only 22 weeks and 2 days later!!! EGADS!!!!

I just love yer purple strains!!! You have such a wonderful variety!!!! Can I come live with you????

granny ,,the more the merrier, dont know what spiffy will say! lol you will get a kick out what i did today, i discovered a few nanners on my purple maroc, so after some deliberation i decided to put my male royal purple kush thats in full blown pollen blowing bloom in with the girls and make it a full on seed run!! i know it sound crazy but rather than trying to control it all im letting nature take over, the rpk is an awesome plant with killer genetics(black afgani mom x with a bubba kush dad ) it grew the biggest fattest fan leaves i have ever seen! smells heavenly! even the pollen smells sweet and spicy makes me wanna eat it, so i will have a massive supply of my beloved purples!! i also have crossed the purple#1 pure on a few branches so i will hold that one uncrossed, and the purple maroc x royal purple kush will be insane i think but before the hermie nanners pop i know that heavy pollination with rpk took place and that will make it where i'll know mostly what is what,rather than guessing, but its all purple for sure!! and lots of indica!:thumb:

Great update Granny!
Great pollen sac pics! Exactly what mine looked like!
And yes, only about 5 of the 15-20 sacs I used to pollinate with dropped pollen super easily, but as you said, a little turbulence in the cup is more than enough to get it out.
I am starting to think there is something special about the plant that you are not getting seeds from. Maybe not all plants make good seeds... Maybe that is why one would have a clone only strain, i dunno. But I do know that you are kickin butt now! ;)
Great Job!

P.S. I am just starting my scrog. I will link in my sig as soon as I get some good pics. Give me another few days to situate things and I will link up ;) I will use CS again this grow, but 12/12 wont come for at least another 4-6 weeks, so I am in no hurry atm. I got 100 great seeds (not counting all the probably not viable ones) from the FI plant. With this grow, it is likely to hit 1000.
I thought trimming was as bad as it gets until I started messin with seeds ;)
Some of them are deep in there where you can not see them until you take the bud apart piece by piece. But the smell of fresh dried bud being ripped open is godly good ;)

Best Wishes

Great update Granny, I really like your labels in the pots, they look like roadsigns to reach Timbuktu. Nice to see the true variety of possibilities genetics will bring, staggering. I'm beginning to suspect that some fem plants may be sterile as a result of all the process, maybe all the seeds on a particular plant. This would explain why some of your fems won't accept pollen known to be good. Just a hunch, wouldn't be the first species that "mutants" are sterile.

Great update Granny!
Great pollen sac pics! Exactly what mine looked like!
And yes, only about 5 of the 15-20 sacs I used to pollinate with dropped pollen super easily, but as you said, a little turbulence in the cup is more than enough to get it out.
I am starting to think there is something special about the plant that you are not getting seeds from. Maybe not all plants make good seeds... Maybe that is why one would have a clone only strain, i dunno. But I do know that you are kickin butt now! ;)
Great Job!

P.S. I am just starting my scrog. I will link in my sig as soon as I get some good pics. Give me another few days to situate things and I will link up ;) I will use CS again this grow, but 12/12 wont come for at least another 4-6 weeks, so I am in no hurry atm. I got 100 great seeds (not counting all the probably not viable ones) from the FI plant. With this grow, it is likely to hit 1000.
I thought trimming was as bad as it gets until I started messin with seeds ;)
Some of them are deep in there where you can not see them until you take the bud apart piece by piece. But the smell of fresh dried bud being ripped open is godly good ;)

Best Wishes

I just bag the bud and label what cross is in it. I get the seeds when I smoke it, sometimes years later. I hate to bust up all that bud. Some seeds will just fall out during handling and settle in the bottom of the bag.

Just wanted to stop in and relay some information I found.

A lot of people use CS to treat and/or prevent a wide variety of ailments. One way they use it is to put it in a cream for skin issues. In order to do that, they must condense it by boiling off water and thereby raising the ppm. They say that the heat has no negative effect on the CS's stability. They do however say that cold does have a negative effect.

What this means it that one can boil the solution to reach a higher ppm and keep their small particle size, thereby keeping the solution clear and potent and easily absorb-able by the plant.

I will do some tests with this info and a variety of adapters and some larger (more surface contact) silver electrodes in my journey this time.

I just thought I would throw that out there for anyone who was contemplating getting a higher ppm without increasing the particle size (for those of us who do not have sonic blasters or resistors incorporated into our CS makers. The latter of which I will also be looking into.

Best Wishes

:love:Irish:love:

YEEHAH!!!!!! Yer gonna have purple comin' out yer butt!!! LOL I just love yer strains and I'd probably do the same thing - just let that beautiful sweet purple go CRAZY!!!!! :cheer:
:love:NotaDrinker:love:
:thanks: so much, honey for the kind words. Your help has been so very very appreciated. I just love 420mag cuz whatever anyone attempts to accomplish there is always the most supportive help to guide ya when ya don't know what the heck yer doin'!!!! That would be ME!!! LOL

Link us up whenever yer ready!!! (to yer grow)

Thousands of seeds - WOW~~~!!!! Isn't that FI!!!???!!! LOL

Trimmin bites!!! I love everything accept harvesting/trimming. Especially the strains that stink real bad. It's much better for me when I have a sweet smellin' strain... but it still bites!!!

Interesting info about the CS and making it stronger!

:love:OG13:love:

Hi honey!!! I :rofl: about the roadsigns to Timbukto!!! :rofl:

I don't know if some could be sterile from the process? I have thought it must be something I'm not doing right (but I did get better as this journal has gone on). That's an interesting thought tho - maybe someone else will know and jump in!

I like to get those seeds out and then I use the crushed bud to make my tincture.

Tincture Recipe
Finely crushed bud, leaf, anything that has THC. Place in jar, leaving some space at the top of the jar. Pour enough 100% grain alcohol (I use Everclear) to almost the level of the plant parts in the jar. Put the lid on tight and shake shake shake, shake yer bootie, shake yer bootie... oops, got lost for a second! Shake at least twice daily for at least 2 weeks. Then strain the liquid from the mix and toss the plant parts.

At this stage, you are supposed to use a few drops under your tongue for a dosage. BUT IT TASTES HORRIBLE... so I add 20 drops of Peppermint Essential oil to 1 ounce liquid tincture (you could probably use peppermint extract bought from the local grocery store). This makes it taste like peppermint. Then I add/mix anywhere from 10 to 50 drops (depending on how buzzed I want to be) to hot cappuccino, hot chocolate, or just with chocolate milk. This tastes like a peppermint patty.

The buzz from this sneaks up on ya, it's not like smokin' it - it's more like brownies, canabutter, muffins, etc. Use too much and OH MY!!!

I am a recovering alcoholic and know I am using everclear in this mix - but it's only drops put in about a shot of hot chocolate, so it's not like I'm drinking shots of it!

I have read that you can then put this in the freezer and the mj oils will rise to the top, but I have not tried it yet. Guess I am a creature of habits and don't always explore new horizons!!!

Ok... got lost there for a bit - EEEK!!!

:circle-of-love:THsea:circle-of-love:

Aloha Honey! It is SOOOO WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU!!!! I wish I could squeeze you in a great :hug:big granny hug:hug: for all the wonderful things you do with helpin' our OMM!!! He said you were thinkin' about doin' some auto strains with CS. Have you started yet?

:love::circle-of-love::love:OMM:love::circle-of-love::love:

I just see yer always keepin' track of ol' G420 (as our beloved MOTM Sisco named me!!!) and thought I'd just have to say...

:hug:I LOVE YOU SWEETIE!!!!!!:hug:

And I love you ....ALL!!!!!

Tincture Recipe
Finely crushed bud, leaf, anything that has THC. Place in jar, leaving some space at the top of the jar. Pour enough 100% grain alcohol (I use Everclear) to almost the level of the plant parts in the jar. Put the lid on tight and shake shake shake, shake yer bootie, shake yer bootie... oops, got lost for a second! Shake at least twice daily for at least 2 weeks. Then strain the liquid from the mix and toss the plant parts.

At this stage, you are supposed to use a few drops under your tongue for a dosage. BUT IT TASTES HORRIBLE... so I add 20 drops of Peppermint Essential oil to 1 ounce liquid tincture (you could probably use peppermint extract bought from the local grocery store). This makes it taste like peppermint. Then I add/mix anywhere from 10 to 50 drops (depending on how buzzed I want to be) to hot cappuccino, hot chocolate, or just with chocolate milk. This tastes like a peppermint patty.

:circle-of-love:THsea:circle-of-love:

Aloha Honey! It is SOOOO WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU!!!! I wish I could squeeze you in a great :hug:big granny hug:hug: for all the wonderful things you do with helpin' our OMM!!! He said you were thinkin' about doin' some auto strains with CS. Have you started yet?

Hello! No, not started yet... Just need to order a little bottle of CS. Been delaying because the cuttings that will get treatment aren't ready yet. I'm doing it on photoperiod plants.. My auto's will likely be done before the Photo's which will be pollen donors are... With your help me and OMM will be preserving some cool "local kine" :circle-of-love: and hopefully making some of our own!

Do you know if you can re-flower auto's? If you don't just chop it at the base when you harvest...

And I like your tincture recipe. I'll be doing it when I harvest... I like to evaporate some of it away (nothing fancy, just leaving the jar open... pure alcohol will evap fast) to increase the kick. I've always heard sub-lingually taking it was best... But depending on how sweet the cannabis is.. It can make your eyes water. But kicks in pretty fast... I like to heat a small amount prior (the cannabis) to the soak. I've heard it increases potency, but can't bring myself to do it to the whole batch... It really kills a lot of the taste that a nice long cure brings out of nugs.

Back
Top Bottom