Stratlogic's Hydro Closet ScrOG Grow

I started a new grow doing the exact same thing as the last one. However this time around I learned a few things from the last grow.

First off, I mellowed out with the nutes during the second cycle when she started sucking up water like a champ. I only add 3 tsp of SensiBloom A and 3 tsp of Sensibloom B per gallon. I have been adding 2 gallons of nute solution once a week and top off with r/o water to hold off untill the next feeding. This has eliminated the nute burn problem I had the last time around and even the leafs at the very bottom are still green!

I also lost my hps bulb during the move which sucked. That weed will get the best of me sometimes. No problem though, I was excited to have to pick up a Hortilux Super HPS 400w. I dont know what my last one was, it came with the ballast for cheap so I am confident the new bulb is only an upgrade at this point

I strated from a seed I found in a nug from the last plant I grew. Its the daughter so I know what to expect from the stretch as well as many other things this time around.

Fat Joe had a good thread on the ScrOG method. Even though I used the screen on the last one, Fat Joe had some good tips and ideas that enabled me to ScrOG with a little more confidence this time around.

Other than that, everything is the same. I am not however using the carbon filter this time around. The smell from one plant isn't an issue and frees up a little more room above the screen .

Here is a pic at day 1 of flowering
031708.jpg

Here is a pic at day 5 of flowering
032108b_.jpg

I have a few more pics but they keep uploading sideways regardless what I do. My laptop had some "issues" and now I am using my mac which I am not used to. When I figure that out, I'll post some more.

Currently I am on day 18 of flowering and the screen has filled up very nicely.

I did forget to mention it IS a female. Exciting stuff. At first I thought it was a hermie because my lady had a pair of nuts!? Just two though. Over time hairs started dominating but it gave me quite a scare. Kinda odd too.

This time around I am taking my first attempt at some pruning to remove some of that "larf" as kickstart says. haha. A bit nervous so I'm taking it slow since I'm not in that comfort zone of using the shears on my girl pre-harvest.

But yeah berrydizzle, I'm diggin' the new bulb fo' sho', almost as much as the lady is!

i like n you hydro bucket nice job on the construction same with you box to gives me great ideas for my next grow +rep
:peace:

Second Harvest!

Well I wasn't able to get my 'puter back until after harvest so here are the new harvest pics. I did everything the same for the most part. This time around I planned a little better where all the buds went under the screen and I skirted the plant too. Aside from that, everything was pretty much the same. I even used a seed from my last plant I harvested.

tn_DSC00400.JPG

tn_DSC00401.JPG

tn_DSC00403.JPG

tn_DSC00406.JPG

tn_DSC00409.JPG

tn_DSC00414.JPG

This time around I wanted to try out paper bags and see what that's all about. Last time around I think I dried them too fast and the buds retained that grassy smell until you broke it up. I hoping to eliminate that all together.

I'll post the final weight shortly.

Thanks guys for all the reps. I did end up using more bags but I didn't line them with foil. Oops! I dried them a little too much though I think. After a day in the jars the buds were still a bit crispy. Is that going to affect the curing process? Any pointers? Much appreciated.

I had completely forgotten about deep water culture until I stumbled upon this thread. I have never seen it set up the way you have it and it looks f'in awesome. I almost had my plans set for a system but I might have to change things now. Congradulations on your success and thanks for the thread!

It looks like its good as smoke, Nice yield too.

So 15min. on 15min. off for the pump? or 24/7? I thought I read both so just wanted some clarification.

And also, do you have an air stone in the bottom of the bucket as well as the CD spool lid?

Of course FishSticks. The smoke wasn't bad for my first. My judgment is slightly biased since I grew it myself for once. From what I've read here, I feel it was dried too fast and as a result, kept that grassy smell for longer than I liked until broken up. The taste was mids, but it was pretty stoney. I harvested before the trichs went amber but were mostly cloudy and still ended up with real stoney, sometimes couchlock like qualities. My friends all spoke very highly of it though. I feel their judgment was slightly biased too since it was free. haha. The best I could say is it wasn't the best I've smoked, but it was pretty good. That and I haven't bought a sack in 7 months.:grinjoint:

*Second Harvest*
Final weight for this grow was 152.4g / 5.43oz
last grow 145.2g / 5.19oz

Thats roughly 1/4oz more this time around! My conclusion is that skirting definitely helped. That was the biggest difference from the last grow.

62 days flowering. Not sure how long vegging though. I was keeping a log but it was lost. I think it was something like 28-31 days.

Back
Top Bottom