I'm in the market for a cloner

image19478.jpg

nice job ruby 813.i myself have made a few different versions of cloners.the bubblers always needed tweakin to get them to root quickly.the diy misting cloners I made all worked better than any of my bubblers.one thing I can tell you about yours is to cover the tote with something to stop light,our u might encounter problems with algae and other unwanted guests.another tip I can give u is to keep that cloner clean.i used to use clear rez from ezcloner,now on the day I pull all of the clones out I dunp the rez ,fill it back up and put a teaspoon of bleach per gallon and let it run for a few hours straight.i then dump rez partially out and break everything down ,the pump and anything else that comes apart,i use a tooth brush to clean everything like the spray nozzles(sometimes u can use garbage bag ties to clean out the small holes in sprayers).after I clean everything I dump the rest of that water out.and put water back in rez for the next clone cycle,and I add 1-3 drops a gallon of bleach and let her run for a whole day before I start putting clones in her.i haven't as of lately(past three years )been ph ing my rez.(because I didn't think it mattered)until about 12-13 weeks ago I started to do it and boy do I notice a difference in the health of the clones.i also do believe you must (if you are goin to ph)have some type of nutes in there for you to get a stable ph.what are the thoughts on this ,do you put nutrients in your cloner,if so what kind and how much,and do you ph your solution.i have gotten great results with out doin any of the above(ph,nutes),but wander if it is worthy time spent doin these extras?
feb_12_2015_016.JPG

feb_12_2015_021.JPG
these are pics of clone 6 days in solo cup from ezcloner,she had nutes(clonex at 10ml a gal)and ph was set at 5.7 and only went up to a max of 6.1.these clones seemed to b healthier and more robust.it normally takes that strain 10-12 days to fill the cup like that,but I also started using a different brand of coco,so I am not to sure yet,as to whether or not the extra time spent ph ing and added cost of nutrients made the difference or was it the coco.

What I have been doing is add 15 ml/gal. Of Rx green solutions "life cloning solution" to the res. and then ph to 5.1 then let it run for several hours. Check ph again, adjust if nec. To 5.1 and add clones. 9 days later they were transplanted to coco. And given a light feed.
This is only my first attempt but was thrilled with the results.
Can't argue your results they look great.
As far as ph goes I'm just following a recommendation.
I do just about the same as far as cleaning goes, if algae becomes a problem I will cover( last run was super clean). As far as the new brand of coco vs. ph or nutes, I think you would have to change one at a time to figure it out.
Thanks for the input Urdaddy.

Back
Top Bottom