I'm new here

fopho

Hello, I'm new to the 420mag. Community, but hope I get to know a lot of you. Let me start by telling you a little more about myself. I'm a disabled veteran(100%service-connected) with PTSD. I do live in a state that offers medical marijuana, so I will be doing my first grow(its been 17yrs since my last). I'll try and do a grow journal here on the forums. Once I get all my equipment in.
My grow will consist of a 8Lx4Wx7H grow tent by Apollo, and 600w HPS/MH grow light kit, also by Apollo(air-cooled). Pretty much everything else one would need to begin. Ill be adding another 600w down the road, but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Once I get everything, ill post a journal in the proper forum, along with lots of photos. Can always use the criticism/help.
It has been 17yrs since my last grow. The last time I grew anything I was in highschool. Back then I just lined my closet with foil,grabbed a light from Wally world and grew lol. I didn't do the research, and from what I've read/seen. Its research,research, and then some more research. I've found lots of helpful tools here on these forums. More so than some I've found on others. Hope to really get to know this community, and thanks in advance for any help you may give in the future.

Re: Im new here..

High Fopho and :welcome: to 420!

First off, Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. :adore: I never joined up but my dad was a Naval vet from WWII and I hold his memory in the highest regard. The sad state of the Canadian Navy was a real sore point with him.

Secondly, Great gear for growing you picked up! The 600 is the most efficient in lumens/watt and will do a great job covering half that tent and grow you a lot of nice bud. My buddy has the same size tent and with my 1000W on a light rail we could fill that thing with flowering plants but he wants to stay small.

A lot of new techniques since your last grow and methods of growing too. Lot of decisions for you to make before you crack your first bean to get the show on the road. Specific strains out there that are very good to help you deal with PTSD, get a better night's sleep and cope with stress.

:passitleft:

L8r

Welcome to 420!!

As OMU stated, thanks for your service!! My father also serves in the military (Canadian Air Force) and I have a number of friends that serve as well!

I think you've chosen the right magazine to share your experiences. There's some amazing people around here and the information is second to none!

I hope you make your stay comfortable and enjoy yourself. I look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you OMU & Pigeons420. I too hope to get to know everyone here as well. Soon as all my equipment is in, I'll post some pics of my setup. Should have it all setup and ready to go by September 2. Till then I would like some input on what soil to use. There's just so many to choose from. Where I live there's a lot of people who sell there own mixes. From most of the research I've done, Fox farms happy frog,& their ocean forest seem to be very popular. I've also read that alot use a coco coir, worm castings,& perlite mix. So if you would, please give me any suggestions you may have on what soil I should use.

Very hard to give you a definitive answer to that question Fopho.

Whatever you decide get a big bag of course perlite. Goes with everything.

How you want to grow influences what you need to grow it in. Purely organic then the Happy Frog etc are good bases and contain almost everything plants need to grow fine through veg without adding any extra nutes. Can be very "hot" for seedlings or small plants so diluting it down with some soilless media like ProMix or Sunshine Mix can help with that.

There are many organic nutrients that can be used just like hydro nutrients where you just mix them up and feed your plants that are in dirt, straight soilless or a blend of the two. Some are specially tailored for coco if that's the medium you're growing in.

For hydro growing there are all sorts of options as well. That's more along the lines of what I do. Deep Water Culture, DWC, is my favorite way to grow but I use the same nutes to grow in pots of ProMix HP too like in my current grow log where I'm doing both.

A rather simplistic response for now as it's a very extensive subject. Most of the grow forums have Stickies at the top that go into specific details about the various methods and what's needed to make them work. You might want to read through some of them before you commit to any one course of action. Prepare your battle plan as it were. :)

I would suggest that you start a thread about this in the FAQ forum maybe where others will more likely chime in with some ideas for you.

L8r

Can't answer your questions, because I'm new here as well, but I can tell you a lot has changed about growing weed, since way back then. There are some good people here that would be glad to answer any questions you might have.
Good Luck, Hope everything works out for you.
P.S I do appreciate all of the people, including you, that has fought and sacrifice for our country.

Welcome!!! I just started my first serious home grow as well. The members here are really nice and informative. I am going in to flowering at the moment. If I could give any advice it would be....avoid the urge to over water and watch your humidity. Easy things to control that make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom