In Progress - Legal Closet Grow - Low Budget Fire

MrLoveGrow

Got 4 strains here, want to do a journal as I love the whole journey of my plants life's. New to the community and this will be my 2nd grow. First off I'm always gunna use soil, love it. 2nd I'm always gunna use quality genetics. 3rd I am low budget DIY as much as possible.
I bought the award winning combination pack from Amsterdam 3 northern lights Xtrm, 3 ak47 Xtrm, 4 borderline Xtrm, and 5 white queen freebies, all feminized. I planted one of each.
It is now 9 days since I put them in some happy frog soil and germinated them there. I will be using Alaska fish fertilizer in the veg and also a kelp fertilizer in the flower. 10$ each from walmart.
I'm using a t5 setup atm, I might get another and flower with a mix of red and blue bulbs to see how I do. I also have 1000 mh and a 1000 hps. My garden is in my closet right now so not ready for HID yet if I go that way. My closet is long and tall but not to wide so I might open up the doors and extend the area I don't know. The dimensions are roughly 8ft long 9 ft tall and about 1 3/4 ft wide. No measuring tape, low budget!!
Any ideas or thoughts are welcome this is my second grow I did a garden in my sisters basement for a year and cropped a handful of times! I was largely successful and had a blast nurturing my girls the whOle time. Looking to maybe keep this a perpetual thing!

14599734686431723637518.jpg
1459973269979-661103580.jpg
1459973136884-1976759572.jpg
20160406_125917.jpg

The first picture is my northern lights, the shell never came off properly and i left it on to long, the stem is bent and the leaves are mutated as they dont end in nice points instead end early and with an inverted point. the new growth is starting and im hopeful it turns around. The second photo is of my borderliner it lost a preleaf due to shell issues as well, but she has bounced back and thriving in her humidity dome i made them as u can tell shes raising the roof :) 3rd photo is a the whole band labeled with sharpie on the fronts. The 4th photo is their current and ongoing situation until i get my light hung and their to big to be out of the domes. I need a humidifier my room stays at 80 f and 40% humidity. It seems they all love the humidity dome except for the ak47 his demeanor hasn't changed better or worse. Oh and yes that is tinfoil 2$ at the store and i got left overs for dinner. Any reflected light is better than no reflected light!

just giving them clean water until i come back this weekend when i feed them a little more than last time. The white queen was the only one to show any ill affects from the fish fertilizer it had 3 of the smallest burn spots on its leafs. Really nothing to worry about, the plants are healthy and very squat, so i topped the few that were ready and will try my hand at training them when the time is right. I am buying a humidifier from craigslist for 10$ later this evening. My closet temps range from 86 high to 72 low and the humidity ranges from 32 low to 40 high. Would like a 55% humidity, so hopefully i can get that working. Gunna go buy some plastic film wrap to encase my closet in and then work on extending the area to open up in my room. Not sure if im gunna get 2x2 or what to kinda frame it open, but i bought some 92 inch black out curtains from walmart for 9.50$ i plan on sowing togeather to cover it all up over the plastic film. I ordered a cord for my hps that got lost and some light hangers so will be figuring that out soon. Once my flowering space is figured out and constructed ill be making a carbon filter from a bucket hopefully 2 or 3 gallon, 5 seems excessive but its what i have so i might use it. Already have my gatorade bottles for my yeast and sugar c02 provider. then just need to cut the holes in my blackout curtain tent and install. If all works out i will be hooking up my 1000 watt MH until flower and if i can keep temps reasonable ill test the 1000 watt hps for flower!

So the place I bought my light from 5 years ago sent me the wrong cord that I'd lost to it. Picked up the humidifier and 2 mm plastic film I think thWY are 9x12 ft. I'll staple them up and around to keep my environment sealed...plants are looking healthy and squat. Ak47 is def the best looking and then the white queen they both have strong genotypes. The northern lights I've read a few thread where they had mutants as well...but the third node if finally growing and has normal looking leaves so I might be able to clone it yet. Borderliner is also very healthy, as far as I can tell. I checked the holes on the bottom and have seen a few small roots so next week will be transplanting into 5 gallon buckets. Any1 have any suggestions on a good flower soil for a fish fert program?

20160413_081534.jpg
ak47 about 24 hours after being topped
20160413_081633.jpg
13 days old all have been topped

The plants got a misting last night before bed, and received straight tap water this morning about a pint each. I don't over water my for runoff, instead i underwater and try to encourage root growth between wet/dry stages. During the dry stages the roots should be growing searching for better water source. All plants have been topped in the last 48 hours Ak47 and borderliner were the first and northern lights and white queen last. Im not sure at this point how long i plan on letting them Veg, but i think it will be a while...I have a friend getting a medical card and im going to co-op with her. We plan on getting a decent sized green house..i have yet to see it so its hard to plan. In theory im gunna veg until I can grab about 20 clones that means 5 off each plant. I never have grown outdoors so it should be interesting. So theres that to look forward to not sure if i should start another journal for it :) Anyways girls should be dry by saturday morning and ill be giving them 1/3 strength 5-1-1 and leaving them for the weekend.

-Lovegrow

Day 15, gave them a misting will be ready to feed tomorrow morning. My light period was 24/0 i switched to 20/4 last week with no complications. My ak47 is showing its new tops now and will be taking off in short order. Next week will try to transplant to their final homes which will be 5 gallon buckets. i would love to get an LED but i think im gunna get another t5 with 8 2700k flowering bulbs for this crop. Curious about what kind of yield i can expect with 2 4 ft 4 bulb t5's and 4 plants under scrog. Thinking about a month until i flip to 12/12, depends on how their doing obviously. tent is nearly complete i just need to setup the intake and exhaust. Hopefully next week. Cheers!

Almost like they grew to fast....Also instead of topping i pretty much fimmed my girls and the undergrowth is exceptional. Will have plenty of clones here soon :) So i topped the Ak47 for real and will top the rest in the next day. Its been like 5 years since i grew last...wish i could post some pics of that garden but my camera with the pictures broke ;/ have a good holiday, Cheers!

I believe this is because the plant was to young and the growth was to much so it created stretch marks and splitting in some leaves. Lesson learned, never used fish fertilizers so i was curious how they would react. I gave them very low dosage but it just goes to show that the girls did benefit from it just not as much as they would had they been a bit older.

lookin good :thumb: you might wanna get some tubing and run it out of your CO2 bottles. CO2 sinks so it can only go down from where it is. I saw someone do a cool tubing lines thru their lights. and if your higher heats are an issue use more CO2 and they'll be fine as I'm sure you know from using CO2. Best of luck I'll watch the little cutties and catch a seat for holiday :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom