Indica Hybrid Grow

S5001748.JPG

S5001747.JPG

These little babies are filling out nicely! :ganjamon:

The second seedling emerged on Saturday night - This was taken Sunday:
S5001746.JPG

:grinjoint:

The weather is doing everything for me at the moment - I just have to sit back and chill while the young plants enjoy mother natures care - sunshine in the morning and rain in the afternoon. Perfect conditions right now - 25 to 27 degrees celsius, medium humidity, light breeze and perfect amount of rain per day - I LOVE ZIMBABWE! :Rasta:

:smokin: Mornin' folks - just had to twist one of the weird smelling , hectic shit to kick start monday morning...

Hold the phone?!? Its Friday!

Anyway...

:rollit:

It has been rainy/cool, humid/overcast or sunny and perfect weather in the last week. The rain is generally light and constant in the early evenings ranging from two hours - the whole night. I now need to consider covering the pots to decrease moisture - but not yet as it is not necessary yet. Drying out during the day has been ok so far - but I water minimally and the plants are'nt used to their soil being frequently damp for long periods of time. Any ideas?

It is rain water though - which has special properties that help plants grow. I notice how a bit of rain makes plants swell and shoot up a lot more than when they are watered with tap water. Amazing how nature takes care of its own better than anything - just like a mother - hence the term 'mother nature'. :smokin:

Maybe a plastic tarp draped over a wire or something to make a quick canopy to house them during a down poor? I am so jealous that you live in Zimbabwe its my goal to one day just visit let alone live there.

goodmorning BadBrad. They look great even after that storm. :)

Thanks Bee23 - How you doin' this fine FRIDAY morning? Rain water is really magic when there is no polution for 1000 of kms. These babies are lovin' the rain.
:Rasta:

Well the atmosphere above you is cleaner than mine. We get acid automobile/diesel dirt with our rain. :/

:thedoubletake: Its a damn shame! Our way of life is gradually destroying the environment we live in (the human race that is) - it makes me realise that development is not all its cracked out to be - I am happy that most of this place (Africa) is still undeveloped, it has some draw backs but the environments destruction is not one of them.

Maybe a plastic tarp draped over a wire or something to make a quick canopy to house them during a down poor?QUOTE]

Yeah thats a plan - except, call me obsessive (my girl often does), I don't want to block airflow to the plants to fight mildew/fungus and lumens during light hours should it be neccesary - so I have to devise something over the pot around the stalk leaving the plant out at the top. So I will have to shape the plastic and seal it around the stalk I guess... I will take pics of this. :peace:

As a botanist one has to be willing to go to war in the name of one's foliage's safety and wellbeing.:smokin:

Now that the rains have set in all names of critters are up in numbers, lurking behind rocks and under bushes hoping to make breakfast of my fresh veggies, herbs and herb. It is not a joke.:thedoubletake:

I have been patrolling my garden - at sunrise and dusk (oh and once before bed at midnight) when the pests come out to feed. Snails are the number 1 offender currently - I have, out of pure choicelessnesss, had to throw the little buggers over my wall, across the car park towards the periphery wall(over if I chuck them hard enough)to their demise, avoiding neighbors and passers by (nah! not really) - letting go of my frustration towards the chowed fan leaves and bite marks on my precious hybrids as I let go of the snail - snail by snail - until no more remain.

I also managed to intercept two locust making their way steadily toward my babies (probably taking a que from the grasshopper who was already getting fat off of them by the time I arrived on the scene yesterday afternoon) hoping to feast and fornicate on my future meds!?! I DON'T THINK SO!

I had to take them out.:ganjamon:

But there are more - I lost an entire branch on my Malawi last night! Gone!:thedoubletake: Just the main stem left! Plus many half eaten leaves left - it is madness.

I may need auxiliary reinforcements - pelletized lime. This will also defend against the real badboys of the garden - slugs.

A couple of seasons ago - one slug reduced a fair sized young plant with many branches to a stem in just two nights. One day half the leaves were gone but I could'nt find the blighter and that night, by the time I checked, it was finishing off the last leaf! The plant did not survive.

Let me share an experience I have now and again while smoking zol and listening to a conversation or watching T.V: This usually only happens with proper grade (like I have now) though -

Sound changed — the voices on the T.V seem to be inside of my head — then the dialog seems to become personalized almost — like they are talking to me . Every idea or point made in the movie is like inspiration for an argument, debate or relation to fully understand that point or idea to the fullest — by:-

First internalizing it - a picture materializes in the mind — it is observed for an instant, the hues, scents, feeling of form and what recall it triggers — then all the separate, distinct possibilities shoot at all angles from the form — all the what ifs and if what factors had to come into play how the base idea could be effected or altered — breaking the idea down into its individual parts and then seeing how that might build up, or has built up in past experiences. So you first cognize and then recognize it — so you eliminate past experiences determining the outcome but still take it into consideration. Then there are other factors to consider while exploring the truth about an idea or situation — such as: is it an isolated incident? Is it a perpetual cycle? Is it cultural, sectarian or universal — that is, does it relate to all humans or certain ones? Is this a reality or a theory? Etc. etc. etc.

The point churns over in the mind — undergoing brain storms and piercing observation - exploring it — understanding it to the fullest — and moving on to something new.

For every idea understood there is the pain of realization of the truth and the joy of the enlightenment — slight fear or excitement sends shivers up your spine — the magnitude of this understanding and of how this peace fits into the puzzle gives you goosebumps — cool on your skin — while the new added wisdom stokes the coals of your heart — glowing warm within with added esteem — have I reached a new level in experience of life?

Then the only thought left to consider takes hold of my entire being: - How am I going to strategize that triple decker sandwich with everything on it into existence in the shortest possible time / least amount of exertion?

lol
:grinjoint:

I am so jealous that you live in Zimbabwe its my goal to one day just visit let alone live there.

You must if you can Dr.215 - if you do let me know and we can do 'tea'. :cool:

So this is your Spring season when all of the critters are starting to feast on fresh foliage. Good on ya' for keeping a diligent watch. Do you turn the leaves over and look for eggs...and do you know that lady bug eggs are yellow cigar shaped units all packed together vertically?

I'm hoping for the best there Brad, really looking forward to another season of outdoor beauties. Once those babies get traction they'll outgrow the bug's potential to harm them.

^^ hahaha my white lab is neurotic and has a constant itch in her leg joints and bites them to the point of an open wound, so she basically lives in one of those plastic "cones"... We call her Cone head! sorry that was so off topic...

And brad, ill notify you when i get plane tickets...

Damn Brad thats gettin a bit deep matey :grinjoint: makes me wana start chatting about stuff i find hard to chat about when im stoned and im stoned :smokin: i.e everett's theory and such and i get a bit lost trying to do that stoned :smokin:
best regards...creamm :peace:

Back
Top Bottom