went to home depot and bought
2 63 watt (300 watt equiv CFLS)
4 23 watt (100 watt equiv CFLS)
and a full 100 watt CFL from my friend w hood
all 2700 k
offically flowering now

any suggestions or ideas?

318 watts of 2700K CFL?

it has 1 main cola and a couple small buds towards the bottom, almost all the leaves are dying. didnt give it nutes and it is growing in cow shit. no way it could affect mine is there?

Not unless it has bugs lol.

Well... Might be useful to tie it down so you don't end up with a nice even canopy that you could have all the lights set up perfectly just above - except for one really tall plant that throws it off.

also im planning on moving the pots closer because i feel like they are to spread out and my grow space should be smaller.
the plants can be touching yes or no?
good idea?

Touching? You don't want them close enough that one plant's leaves are shading another's. Also LST any multi-branched plants so that each branch gets light. Then allow for them to stretch for the next 22 or more days.

i have 2 fans in there but how should they be set up? should i get more?

Blowing at the plants: If the CFLs are producing heat and are within an inch or three of them then make sure at least one fan is blowing across the top portion of the canopy and either have the other fan help it out or just in and up from a bottom corner, blowing at the opposite upper corner. Unless you meant how to set up exhaust fans...

last question, can or should i run any of my veg cfls during flowering?

:idea:More light:idea: :grinjoint:

Sure; with 318 watts of 2700K... add 80-100 watts or so of 6500K for a more balanced spectrum.

That might be adequate for 6 square feet or so if you can get the lights balanced - and make halfway-decent reflectors for all of them (soda/beer cans work for the smaller-sized CFL bulbs).

If your space is going to end up being larger than that, you might wish to add more CFLs (75% 2700K 25% 6500K).

And if you do not plan on training your plants you would end up wanting more CFLs because they don't have the best penetration ability and an uneven canopy would be likely to have you placing bulbs at different heights.

Might as well put them all in 3 - 3.5 gallon pots. Make any needed adjustments to your soil such as adding perlite until it makes up 25%-30% of the volume.

As the plants will "stretch" for the first 40% of the flowering period, they are still going to be using a bit of nitrogen. When (female) flowers begin to appear you would want to start dropping the ratio of N to P. I would guess that the plant would use less nitrogen during the last 60% of flowering than it does in the first 40%. Probably a good bit less. If you manage to gradually taper off the nitrogen so that the leaves don't yellow prematurely but there is as little as possible at harvest (flush) time then you win lol.

wow thanks a lot TORTURED, thats a lot of useful info.
i just went to the store and picked up 2 more 42 watt cfls (equiv to 150).

how much longer till i can determine the males from the females?

thanks for stoppin by redeye.
i want these plants to show now! is their anyway i can get an idea?
they have already grown 4-6 more inches.

all of them seem to have a big pistils on each branch but i think those are called stipules or something with an s right?

balls showed up 2day

4 males
3 females

so far those 4 are producing a bunch of little balls on the very top of em. and the girls seem to have really really bushed out.. so many bud spots are showing on them. ill have pictures up soon but my camera is shit.
btw the males look significantly different from the females, they grew a lot taller, and the leaves seem to be more droopy and spread out. the girls have a lot more branches that are close together coming from everywhere, looking extremely healthy.
since this is my first go at everything im kinda glad only 3 turned out female so i can focus on each 1 individually.

what do i do now? since it has only been a week should i leave the males under the lights for a few days or rip em out asap?

i'm using a lap top as a camera so i cant get into the top to show you the multiple little balls showing up, but take my word for it.
Photo_371.jpg

Photo_461.jpg

^^ female to the left, 4 males to the right
Photo_411.jpg

^^ 2 girls
Photo_452.jpg

^^ 2 girls again
Photo_381.jpg

i also added 4 dishes/bowls of water on the floor of the grow closet to help w humidity... i heard it was good for the plants..
btw i have an electronic ph tester and they are all about 6.1-6.3

My big girls fan leaves are sagging.. looks at lot less healthy than the other 2...
ph is fine and so are the nutes..
they are all in 2 gallon buckets and i put them into 12/12 flowering after 4 weeks... will these 2 gals be ok till harvest?

i think they might all be root bound soon, when i kiled the males all the roots were circling the bottom of the pots....
is it ok for me 2 switch them 2 5 gals with new ff ocean forest a week and a half into flowering? should i?
help please

well since no 1 responded to me on here i went and talked to the guy at the hydro store...
he told me my 2 gals would be fine but maybe move to 3 gals next time.
i picked up some ff soil to add to the top of the buckets..
flushed the droopy plant and its lookin better.

i'll update every now and then but i don't get as much feed back as others on the site so i kinda don't see the point of checking here as much.. thanks for everyone that has helped. i'm gunna go smoke a nice fat joint... peace

I'm guessing maybe your plants have outgrown their pots. You should have 1 gallon of soil per foot of plant. At least the guy at the hydro store had something useful to tell you. ;-) A lot of times they have not idea what they're talking about. The ph of the solution you use to water should be 6.5.

ms fox- alright thanks a lot, your grow was great i enjoyed following it and learned a lot.

currently each plant is a 2 gallon bucket, giving them ff tb and ff bb also w/ and an additive that i use a pinch of every 2 weeks.
do you think i will be ok with the buckets until harvest?
i'm using 400 watts(not equiv) of cfls for flowering

everythings looking good,
1 girl is definitely of a different strain than the other she is growing extremely fat and low. she is very lush green and has displayed no problems, her budding branches are all very close but are spreading nicely to the lights. she is very thick so it is hard to tell if she is making more budding progress than the on the other 2. just long whit hairs on each 3.

1 girl is growing extemely tall. she is around 2 ft 8 inches, and producing budding branches reaching for the lights from all over( all growing directly upward with white hairs appearing). stretching is really not a problem, i have to raise the light every day an inch or 2 every morning! actually i didnt check 1 morning and burnt the top of my girly. other than her leaves are dropping slightly i havent seen many problems.. any ideas?

1 girl is a little shorter than the other just like her, growing very tall with smaller lives and long branching budding spots from all over, some even as high as the top cola, reaching for light.

watering, ph, and nutes all good!
and ideas how to raise the ph slightly?
thanks for stopping by

Back
Top Bottom