Insane420 Goes Organic - 3rd Grow - AK48 & King's Kush!

insane420

Hello,

This journal is the start of my third official grow. After months of debating whether to swich over to the Ebb & Grow system or go completely organic, I decided to go with the latter for personal reasons. This has inspired by the work of several members on this site, plus a bunch of researching on other sites.

Strain: 5 Femmed Nirvana AK 48 and 5 Femmed GHS King's Kush.

Soil Mix:
5 parts Canadian Spaghnam Peat (Premier Brand)
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings (Rabbit Hill)
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.

Nutrients: This will be a series of guano's, kelp, worm castings, and black strap molasses. This will vary depending on seedling, veg, and bloom.

Currently, the seeds have soaked 24 hours and have been germinated using the paper towel method. All have cracked and most have tap roots shooting out. I will be mixing the soil today and starting the transplant. I will veg them as seedlings under a 4 bulb T5 HO setup using veg bulbs until they reach 12 inches. They will be moved to the sealed grow room at that time (My Cheese grow should be finished by then) to start the bloom cycle. Pics to follow shortly.

Saweeeeeeeeeet, I am always up for an organic grow....... The chair has been pulled up and I shall be watching.... Nice job Insane......... :ganjamon:

Saweeeeeeeeeet, I am always up for an organic grow....... The chair has been pulled up and I shall be watching.... Nice job Insane......... :ganjamon:

Thanks Be Irie....your journals have been inspiring to say the least. My camera is at the office and hopefully I will get some pics up tomorrow. The soil has been mixed and I the seeds all transplanted. Hopefully in the next couple days they will all break the surface.

Ok, so I finally got my camera back and things are rolling. 5 out 10 seeds have broken the surface and things are looking good! I built my DIY compost tea maker today out of a 5 gallon bucket, a hydro farm 6 manifold air pump, and 2 air stones. I have a Trainwreck and Sharksbreath seedlings started about 2 weeks ago that I will be raising as future mother plants for cloning. For the first month of these seedlings life, they will be getting a composted tea mixture of Earth Worm Castings and Unsulphured Blackstrap molasses. My first batch is 2.5 gallons (RO Water) with 1/2 cup of EWC and 2.5 TBS of molasses. This is a test run to see how the brewer performs and I will tweek as necessary. Anyway, time for some pics.

Organic-Grow1.jpg

Organic-Grow2.jpg

Organic-Grow3.jpg

Organic-Grow4.jpg

DIY Tea Brewer

Organic-Grow5.jpg

Organic-Grow6.jpg

Organic-Grow7.jpg

Mothers to be :) The big one is Trainwreck and the small one is Sharksbreath.

Organic-Grow8.jpg

Quick Update - Final soil mixture has been mixed up today and I will be turning it for the next two weeks. I got this mix from another board I read frequently. Here is the breakdown:

5 parts SPM
3 parts perlite
2 parts EWC
1 cup dolomite lime
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
1/2 cup Jersey Green Sand

1 part = 3 quarts so the total is exactly 1 cubic foot. I mixed this batch up with enough parts to equal 3 cubic feet and I used the EWC & Blackstrap Molasses brew to moisten the mix and act as the catalyst. I will be keeping the mixture moist (not damp) and turning for the next 2 weeks to help activate all the components. So far 9 out 10 seeds made it, but I lost 1 King's Kush, so the sharksbreath seedling is going to takes its place :)

Peace :peace:

Update - Seedlings are looking great. They got their first EWC & Molasses Brew feeding yesterday. The Trainwreck mother is growing at a super fast rate and I am probably going to top her soon. The final soil mixture has been cooking for a few days now and I am turning it daily and keeping it moist with EWC & Molasses brew to help jump start the microbial life in the soil. Here are some pics of the babies.

Organic-Grow-1.jpg

Organic-Grow-2.jpg

Trainwreck
Organic-Grow-3.jpg

Thanks for viewing - Peace

Sorry for the lack of updates, but work/life balance sometimes gets out of whack. Anyway, the soil mix seems to be working great. Feedings at this point will be strictly RO water unless signs of a deficiency pop up. I decided to not use the guano based teas and go strictly with the dry ammendments I listed. Here are some pics.

Trainwreck Mother to Be
Organic-Grow51.jpg

The rest:

Organic-Grow41.jpg

Organic-Grow31.jpg

Organic-Grow21.jpg

Organic-Grow11.jpg

Not much of an update, but the plants are still thriving in the soil mix and I am going to bloom them in the next couple days. Here are some more pics:

Organic-Grow_-_1.jpg

Organic-Grow_-_2.jpg

Organic-Grow_-_3.jpg

Organic-Grow_-_4.jpg

Trainwreck Mother to Be

Organic-Grow_-_5.jpg

Very interesting cross I got from a person who had a femmed Blue Cheese that hermied and pollinated a whole room of femmed Bubba Kush. Going to play around with these and see what comes of it.

Organic-Grow_-_6.jpg

Very nice Insane40. I am paying close attention since I am interested in outdoor organic soil. Can't wait to see your next set of pics with these girls flowering.

So now that you have said that I had a hermie that flowered out onto a female Snow White, so what id have is Wonder Woman x Snow White? would the seeds are good? I only got like 30 seeds total from the Snow White out of three ounces = /

SG

So now that you have said that I had a hermie that flowered out onto a female Snow White, so what id have is Wonder Woman x Snow White? would the seeds are good? I only got like 30 seeds total from the Snow White out of three ounces = /

SG

In theory, those seeds should be feminized and worth hanging on to. I would hang on to them for sure and see if you can get a phenotype out of those seeds that suits your liking and doesn't hermie on you.

Back
Top Bottom