Organic Grow

Hey Crimson, they look awesome! Fat and hairy and beautiful! Not to rain on your parade, but I'm sure you know you have mites. What are you planning on doing? I see them on the top of your first bud photo, it is titled: See the improvement in the SLH buds I HATE mites!

Hey Crimson, they look awesome! Fat and hairy and beautiful! Not to rain on your parade, but I'm sure you know you have mites. What are you planning on doing? I see them on the top of your first bud photo, it is titled: See the improvement in the SLH buds I HATE mites!

good eye, I didn't even notice that. I won't be able to check on them until tonight but I will inspect them very closely. I've been lucky so far in not having any pest related issues, but it happens to us all sometimes.

I'm really not sure what to do about them if I do have an infestation, I will do some research today, that's a serious bummer, but at least the other pictures don't show the signs.

I was just going to comment on how well the wonder woman colas are doing, I felt them this morning and they are already rock solid, very sticky and smell very nice, they have the same smell as before, but it smells almost sweeter.

i blew the original picture up to see it better, you're spot on, I definitely have mites. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a mild case and I can get rid of them quickly.

mites2.jpg

4 Twenty 4 all sure does have a very very good Eye!! :geek:

Your camera takes such good pictures it is just like we are in your grow room!! That is an excellent photo specimen!

BTW...your plants look fantastic! I think you are doing a great job!! I am sure you will be able to rid the mites and keep a stash to be proud of! :high-five:

thanks bro, I'm really happy with the way they're turning out, this pest issue is just a small bump in the road, I was already planning on hitting the hydro store tomorrow for soil, so tonight I will remove as much of them as I can and thoroughly inspect every bud and leaf on every plant and remove as much as I can, then get some neem oil and make a spray. I'd rather be safe than have them harm my crop any further.

I'd be careful about using neem this far along. Neem is usually more useful as a preventative but I'm not sure how well it will do with them in the buds. I have heard of simmering a few cigarettes in some water for a while then mix it with 1/2 water and about a 1/4 tsp of dish soap and spray on leaves and buds. Anyone else feel free to chime in. I think this may be the least disruptive to your buds.

thanks crower, ill check that out at the hydro shop tomorrow, lady bugs might be a disaster because the room isn't full sealed. We'll figure something out lol

Damn shame about the mites. Even if you manage to kill them you still end up smoking bugs.

I once shut my entire lab down to catch a fly.

thanks crower, ill check that out at the hydro shop tomorrow, lady bugs might be a disaster because the room isn't full sealed. We'll figure something out lol

No worries k20 if your worried about the lady bugs lol stick with a neem oil organic base you mix into a spray bottle with water smells like cinnamon haha or like i said the other alternative would be a mite bug bomb that they sell at hydro shops I've used both on previous grows and worked well hope you kill em all bro:Namaste:

Having battled the Borg before during flower is the worst. I don't like to spray anything on buds since i am going to smoke em but I will in the case of mites. My normal battle plan goes like this, #1 put a layer of Diamentaceous earth on the soil, #2 spray the plants top to bottom and under the leaves with a solution of 50-50 rubbing alcohol and water, #3 make a strong solution with Red Man chewing tobacco and water. About a quarter of a bag and a 16 ounce cup of water. I get the water hot and put the tobacco in it and let it cool and sit over night. Don't spray this on the plant, spray it on the soil evenly. The alcohol water mix kills mites on contact and dries cleanly, They hate the DE no matter what and the tobacco juice kills them too. Do the alcohol spray every other day 3 or 4 times. I will not put anything stronger on my buds period. If this doesn't eliminate them it will sure as heck control em.

Having battled the Borg before during flower is the worst. I don't like to spray anything on buds since i am going to smoke em but I will in the case of mites. My normal battle plan goes like this, #1 put a layer of Diamentaceous earth on the soil, #2 spray the plants top to bottom and under the leaves with a solution of 50-50 rubbing alcohol and water, #3 make a strong solution with Red Man chewing tobacco and water. About a quarter of a bag and a 16 ounce cup of water. I get the water hot and put the tobacco in it and let it cool and sit over night. Don't spray this on the plant, spray it on the soil evenly. The alcohol water mix kills mites on contact and dries cleanly, They hate the DE no matter what and the tobacco juice kills them too. Do the alcohol spray every other day 3 or 4 times. I will not put anything stronger on my buds period. If this doesn't eliminate them it will sure as heck control em.
Good advice and nice description of how to make the tobacco juice, I always add dish soap though, helps it stick. I would advise against the alcohol/water mix though because the alcohol could damage the resin glands as it does evaporate. Just a cautionary note in my opinion.....

Damn TCK!!!
I have the same problem right now!!! I just found them today!!! they are only on the top so far that I have found them, but I was out there with my microscope and checking them, I only seen about 4 of them, no eggs, so they have to be really new!!! so I did an Azamax spray down on all 3 of my ladies today!!! even though they were only found on 1

hope you get rid of yours!!!

anybody have used any Liquid Ladybug!!! how does it do???

:peacetwo:

The Borg are hell I'm telling you. I havent noticed resin gland damage but I try not to spray so heavy I get much runoff and it does dry fast. I forgot to add put a No Pest strip in the room, maybe a couple if it is a big room. When I get them I usually battle them till I can shut down and absolutely clean the room because once you get them you have only about a 60% chance of getting rid of them. It's especially hard to do in flower.

Hi bro sorry to hear about the damm mites i have been reading and if you can get hold of a sulphur burner that would get rid of the lil fk'rs i have not used one of these but my hydro shop was saying its the best of the best. They are 70GBP here but informed you can get cheap alternatives!

Check out my post here realy do hope it helps!

P.s nugs are looking so sweet!

so i went to the hydro store and they didn't have anything I saw worth buying, the closest was a neem solution for $20 and it didn't even look worth it. I'm going to research all of your responses today and find what will work best for my application, I really appreciate all the suggestions.

I did get some dirt over the weekend and got the 5 widow clones in the ground. I transplanted the 5 SLH plants and threw them in flower, they're all about 10" tall.. I noticed some eggs on the vegging plants and went through and killed the visible ones I saw, I need to take action as soon as possible though so I'll decide today on what to do about them. I scanned my flowering plants with a scope and couldn't find anything on the buds, only on the leaves. I'm sure I'm missing something since there was webbing on the one bud shot.

In the meantime I'm pulling fresh air in, and today will be fairly chilly, so it should drop the temp into the low 70's, high 60's in there with the light off.. that will slow their hatch time and buy me a few more days.

I may end up cutting one or 2 of the flowering plants early so I can get the OG and AK in flower, they're all 18" tall now and aren't slowing up, I can't raise my veg light any higher. There's 9 plants under my 600w right now so it's really packed in there. Definitely need to get one out of there and the wonder woman is what finishes sooner, so she will be chosen when the time comes. They're in week 6 right now, so I'll probably take one in a week.. hate to do it, but it's for a better cause.

Back
Top Bottom