Insane420 Goes Organic - 3rd Grow - AK48 & King's Kush!

The available literature, both here in the grow forums and in FranK and Rosenthal's Grow Guide, give varying thoughts on N in the flowering cycle. Some say switch to P & K rich nutes and starve N while others seem to think that the plants still need N. From my general experience gardening, I would think that plants would require N throughout its life cycle, and would only decrease it during the seed ripening period.

I am still feeding my plants a 10-20-10 balanced regimen, and alternating compost tea boosts of both N and P. They seem to be handling this quite well. I will have some pictures up as soon as my laptop quits messing up.

The available literature, both here in the grow forums and in FranK and Rosenthal's Grow Guide, give varying thoughts on N in the flowering cycle. Some say switch to P & K rich nutes and starve N while others seem to think that the plants still need N. From my general experience gardening, I would think that plants would require N throughout its life cycle, and would only decrease it during the seed ripening period.

I am still feeding my plants a 10-20-10 balanced regimen, and alternating compost tea boosts of both N and P. They seem to be handling this quite well. I will have some pictures up as soon as my laptop quits messing up.

I am going to agree with you on this. The 2 week stretch period requires more nitrogen to help the plants through this phase.....I believe that's what got me on a few of the plants. The shorter ladies didn't exhibit this problem. I will be sticking with just one strain next round to avoid this problem and I will be supplementing some teas for the first couple weeks of flower.

Update - Bloom Day 34

I think I have the deficiencies under control now and hopefully all will stay well. I will have to make some adjustments with this soil mix on the next grow to try and stabilize things better. Nutrient deficiencies really drive me up a wall !!! I will also be reconfiguring my room next grow to incorporate 8 inch hoods and a stronger fan to keep the lights cooler. The A/C works well, but as the temps outside reach 100 +, the A/C runs an awful lot. I am also going to move the ballasts to outside the room, but not sure how I will do that yet.

Pics:

GWS

Organic-Grow-BloomDay34-1.jpg

Organic-Grow-BloomDay34-2.jpg

AK48

Organic-Grow-BloomDay34-3.jpg

Organic-Grow-BloomDay34-4.jpg

The Jungle !

Organic-Grow-BloomDay34-5.jpg

Trainwreck

Organic-Grow-BloomDay34-6.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Just read your whole journal brother. I might have to try some of those teas. That trainwreck is going to reward you handsomely. Ill be around brother.

You can use the soil mix all you want. I was not my creation - I got this from another cannabis forum I read a lot because the community has a very large organic following. I am hoping the organics section will get bigger on these boards as well and from the sound of it, you have a pretty good handle on organics already. :smokin:

I am curious about the blood meal content indoors. Do you ever get a strong scent from it?

I am curious about the blood meal content indoors. Do you ever get a strong scent from it?

I haven't noticed any scent from the blood meal. However, it's mixed in with a bunch of other stuff and then activated with a compost tea for 2 weeks prior to using it. The whole mix ends up smelling very earthy.

Just a quick update - Bloom Day 48. Plants are swelling up nicely now and my hybrids are starting to bud out as well. I had to pull 2 hydrid crosses down the other day, because one was very large and kept continuing to branch out and get taller without really budding out and the second one was starting to do the same. The space I have was not built to handle that many plants so they got the chop. The rest of the plants are doing well and will be getting straight RO water feedings from this point out.

Pics:

Organic-Grow-BloomDay48_001.JPG

Organic-Grow-BloomDay48_002.JPG

Organic-Grow-BloomDay48_003.JPG

Organic-Grow-BloomDay48_006.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

I just read the whole journal and was left hangin! I hope it all turned out well, it was looking great, any info on the results?

Back
Top Bottom