Inspecting and maintenance

tucker99

Simple question but I can't find a definitive answer, maybe because it's a stupid question. When checking the grow and performing nute changes (hydro) this is done with the light cycle on (assuming). Reading here, some guys buy special glasses to filter the intense light while working on the res, etc. Can the main lights, LED in my case, be switched off and a simple clamp light with standard 100watt bulb be used when performing the chores? Or does this cause a stress situation and I run the risk of going hermie? Thanks guys.

I think you would be fine with a buld. As far as I know (not so much :D ) they don't like to get light in the dark period. But since the plants will have light (even 100w) I don't see the problem. But if I am wrong... we will learn together soon. Just need to wait for the right person :).

I'm not that person :). But I just happen to be wandering through. I use HID lights and know nothing about LED. With my (various 400-1000 watt) lights the ballasts take a little time to warm up and start the bulb. I prefer not to go switching these lights on and off more often than necessary- for the sake of wear and tear on everything. I also hate to mess with the light schedule in flowering (veg doesn't matter) though I don't think what you propose would necessarily cause hermies. I find personally that I have to be working in the flower room quite often. Too often to feel comfortable switching the lights around every time I go in there. Yes the plants will absolutely notice the light fluctuations. What will they do about it? Maybe nothing. The reflector hoods keep the light out of my eyes generally. I could and should wear sunglasses. Sometimes I have to work in the dark period. I do that with a green led.

Back
Top Bottom